• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Review my first doubles team

Years
  • Last Pokemon game I played was Emerald, so i'm still really new to the concept of battling other people. I don't currently have a DS, so Pokemon Showdown is where i'm going to use this team. The doubles battle seem to be allot more interesting for me, so that's my main focus of building this team. If you can point out any obvious weaknesses or which other Pokemon would be a better fit, that would be great. All feedback is appreciated.

I wanted to use Sceptile, it being my favorite Pokemon, and also being able to deal out strong attacks. Him being so fragile, I wanted to build a somewhat bulky team, yet still deal out high damage.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Energy Ball
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Protect

Zapdos was added because I wanted to take advantage of Lightning Rod, as well as him being kinda bulky, with good SpA too

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Discharge
    - Heat Wave
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Tailwind

I wanted to cover my Ice weakness, I thought Heatran could fit the job.

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Heat Wave (Thinking about switching it out for Lava Plume, the misses sometimes cost me the game)
    - Earth Power
    - Substitute
    - Protect

I wanted a strong fighting type, plus he has rock slide.

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Rock Slide
    - Quick Guard
    - Protect

I wanted some bulk and speed control

Suicune @ Splash Plate
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 148 SpA / 20 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Protect
    - Scald
    - Icy Wind
    - Snarl

I just really like Gengar...

Gengar @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Protect

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • First and foremost, I really like your avatar. Shining Force remains one of my favorite games to this day.

Second, I'd like to recommend some different EV spreads, but first I'd like to know if this is going to be Doubles OU (6v6 level 100) or Battlespot Doubles (VGC, bring 6, pick 4, level 50).

I'd put a Rocky Helmet on Zapdos so that Suicune can take the Sitrus Berry.

Years
  • Shinning force is a great game. I'm actually trying to make a game that plays like Shinning Force but with Pokemon.

Yeah, I've been messing around with different spreads, trying to find the sweet spot. You're right, Suicune would be better off with the Sitrus Berry, but I don't know if Rocky Helmet is going to be really useful. Spore has been a problem, I think i'm going to put safety googles on him. I'm going to be using this team in the VGC format.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Word! Always good to see a fellow VGC player on PC.

This would be where I would start with your Zapdos. It's set to live a Stone Edge from LO Landorus-T. You don't really neat Heatwave since you're running 'tran.

Zapdos @ Expert Belt
    EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 140 SpA / 4 Spe
    IVs: 30 Def
    Modest Nature
    – Thunderbolt
    – Hidden Power [Ice]
    – Roost
    – Tailwind

ZxFlashFreezexZ

The Immortal Champion
    Years
  • I think you have yourself a pretty solid team there as far as the movesets and abilities go! :) I'm really digging the Gengar, Suicune, and Terrakion movesets in particular. The only thing I can see needing some fixing was already covered by Skyburial. Regardless, that team's looking good to me! :)

-Flash

P.S. In Pokemon Showdown, I have a pretty cool Sceptile-Mega moveset too, here I'll show you:

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Hasty Nature
    - Frenzy Plant
    - Protect
    - Leaf Storm
    - Drain Punch

Mine's kinda the big brute in the team, that's why I have all those kill-moves.

Back