• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Review of The Union Room

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • Don't believe what the official booklets say. They only said the Wavebird would last 10 metres but I can get mine at least 20 and playing Mario Kart properly. Many reports have come back saying it goes over 30 and even 40 metres... so it can go a long way away... ^_^

Iyanden

Huh??
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 24, 2004
    Level 30 and below sort of ticked me off....and only 2v2...much more strategy, much more of a pain. :dead:

Desaparecidos

[Bright Eyes]
    Years
    • Age 39
    • mass
    • Seen Oct 15, 2004
    i'm so excited for the wireless battling, well i was before i heard of level 30 =/

that's kinda cheap by Nintendo. i was looking forward for level 100 battles with friends and such. and just like that my hopes are crushed.

oh and the talk of 50 meters. which is amazing, then to find out only 30 feet. man what a bunch of let downs. i bet i won't get to use it more than twice this year. :(

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • HellishHades said:
    If you're playing the single player part of the game, and go into a Pok?mon Centre to heal your Pok?mon, the receptionist will say, "It appears trainerName is playing right now." (replace trainerName with the name of the another player) if someone has their wireless adaptor connected to the game. Since you often go to Pok?mon Centers during gameplay, others will be prompted to go to the Union Room.

That's never happened to me, and often me and my sister would be playing right beside each other. :\ Even if it did, most trainers that have played each series of games like me don'te ven bother to read what Nurse Joy is saying anymore. We just go in, push the button about about a dozen times, then leave.

Also, expanding on Splashing Mew's dscription about level 30 or lower, you also can only use two pokemon at a time in a union room battle and you can't enter the union room with less than two pokemon. The plus side is that any battles conducted in the union room don't go on your trainer card, so if you lose it's no biggy. And also, they have a trade board in teh back, which to me will make it easier to find someone willing to trade soemthing you might need or want.

Marill909

Pacific Boy
    Years
  • No the way to check if there is someone in the union room is to go to the right of the entrance and click on th screen. It should say how many people are active in the room at that moment.

Desaparecidos

[Bright Eyes]
    Years
    • Age 39
    • mass
    • Seen Oct 15, 2004
    yea i brought my sp to the mall and looked at that screen a few times. it is helpful, so you don't have to enter just to see if someone is in there.

the other night i went to friendly's with a bunch of friends and i saw a kid, maybe like four or five, who had his gameboy and the wireless adapter all set up. and he was playing. so i took mine out and went to the union room, but the moron didn't come. haha i know he was only four, but he obviously knows what the thing does. i was upset i lost my first chance to be able to use it :(

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
  • the 10 feet is what is garanteed, but you can get a lot more than that in the right conditions. the lvl 30 thing sucks so bad... i wanted to be able to enter with my ultimate team and crush any pathetic newbie with level 20's who thought he was powerful.... now i will have to play on equal fields.... :'( heck, most of the good ones (tyranitar, ho-oh, lugia, charizard, the legendary birds, mewtwo) are impossible to get at that pathetic level...

Desaparecidos

[Bright Eyes]
    Years
    • Age 39
    • mass
    • Seen Oct 15, 2004
    yea exactly. unless you gameshark, which sucks and isn't too much fun. i'll prolly set up a union room team. maybe a Gengar and some other cool ones.

PazzKat

Back and looking 4 smiles!
    Years
  • My queztion iz thiz: DOEZ ANYONE HAVE A DIFFERENT SPRITE THEN THE PSYCIC!? I look zo ugly ..... *zobz* All though the level 30 doez zuck, it'z juzt to make it fair if you go into a competition (They better hold an event or I'm rioting) you can't pick off the trainerz who have juzt begun, think of it az a zafe gaurd for noobz! :D My friend and I play it at zchool in a zecluded area, it'z zooooo much fun. Zometimez we mimic the commercial (corny I know) Tee hee. ^^;

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2006
    yeah the wireless adapters cool but im like the only 1 within the 30 feet i can use it with the game....

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Toothache said:
    No, that doesn't change, and is determined by your trainer ID number. If you started again on a new game, you'd get a different sprite, but that's about the only way to change it.

You could always use Action Replay to change your normal and secret IDs until you get the results you want. I should probably do some research into what IDs make what trainer sprites in the Union Room.

Desaparecidos

[Bright Eyes]
    Years
    • Age 39
    • mass
    • Seen Oct 15, 2004
    Has anyone used there wireless adapter against people they just met? I bring mine everywhere in case I see someone with it.

I think I'm going to the Pokemon Center in New York in a couple months, so I hope to see tons of kids with it.

Has anyone ever been to the PC in NY?

I've never been, and I don't know what to expect lol.

Pichu52

Team Aqua Member
    Years
  • I haven't found anyone in the union room let alone even with FR/LG, even if I'm out someplace where there should be people playing it. It sucks there isn't many people around that I know of that like pokemon

KaeL

Nooblet
    Years
  • And you live in New York? Wow, try going to the mall or some place public, theres gotta be some one there.

Desaparecidos

[Bright Eyes]
    Years
    • Age 39
    • mass
    • Seen Oct 15, 2004
    my brother and his friend slept over last night and they both had the game. so we played. it was actually pretty fun. you only battle two pokemon, level thirty max, but it was a fun time. my brother was a karate guy, and his friend was a psychic guy who levitated Poke balls. and of course i had to be the dominatrix type guy with a whip :(

Back