• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Revisiting Hoenn in a few years

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    If Hoenn got another appearance in a future game, let's assume it's been a few years since the plot of ORAS. What do you think would have changed? Would Maxie and Archie still be around, or would they be back?

I feel like there would be a MASSIVE technology upgrade, seeing what New Mauville was trying to do with its own city. I can see more cities becoming more "advanced" like this. As for Archie and Maxie, I'm sure that they've learned their lesson, but I'm having a hard time coming up for a reason for us to go to Hoenn in the first place... what could be stirring up trouble again?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I think if Hoenn came back in that way, with more advancements and such, the main story battle would be between factions of technological advancement vs preservation of nature, which would be interesting. :o I'd actually love that~

Years
    I'd love Hoenn to return again one day, it's my favourite region and definitely has potential to be developed and still have interesting story elements - although I don't think Archie or Maxie would come back. I feel like one of the main ways we would get a Hoenn return would be if we got to travel there post-game, although that would still seem kinda random.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I want Wattson to finally finish New Mauville and possibly have it expanded into a super city that is built multiple levels above ground as well as multiple levels below ground. It's so obvious that he still cares about what was happening to New Mauville since he goes out of his way to beg the player to delve into its ruin and fix the problems it was creating.
    Plus the Battle Resort being constantly under development, it's so obvious that that place has a future as it was in Emerald that it would be absolutely inexcusable for it to be not included in another remake of generation 3.

Based on plot, I think it would be neat if they did a plot where both Groudon and Kyogre were awakened and/or returned to Hoenn to try and fix a change in the balance between technology and nature. Instead of there being the teams Magma and Aqua, it would instead be a fight between a team that is trying to expand technology across the region versus a team that is trying to expand natural preservation across the region, with both teams being in the wrong due to the opposite extremes they are both trying to achieve.

dudealmighty

The Very Best
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    I feel like a new group would try to harness the power of Groudon and Kyogre and Archie and Maxie would be on the hero's side, having made a similar mistake in the past. Post-story battle vs Champion Sapphire and contests against Idol Ruby when you clear all Master Ranks please.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Isn't that storyline only in the manga?

I want to see more of Wally, and to get to rebattle Gym Leaders like we could in Emerald.

It would still be pretty cool to have a merging of universes in a clean way! Like how we get to see Ash-Greninja in Sun & Moon, when the form was originally an anime-only thing.

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
    Potentially? I see the plotlines involving more on adaptation! The problem being, as others have said, technological advancement but also leaving behind too much waste that cause different effects on the land. The desert expands, less rainfall in forests. Hoenn geologically changes. A shift on routes from here to there. A few cities/towns left to urban decay. The Pokemon having less place to stay in. A few water routes have trash when you dive and the color is off. Some Pokemon are close to extinction, others adapt (Hoenn Forms)
    The Dev Corp (with a new president) have lots of buildings leaving less homes for Pokemon.
    These buildings are for high demands in the new special cages (or Pokeballs) made for Ultra Beasts so as to seal them (I still think they're evil, for now). The Volcano is now used as a sort of base factory for Dev Corp.
    Professor __ was against it but he had no say.
    Team (NAME) is very much against the Dev Corp using the Volcano as a base for the factory. And Dev Corp is harnessing multiple pieces of the meteorite that fell around the region leaving habitats ruined or uninhabitable to some Pokemon. They terrorize the developed towns and steal sources of energy blah blah blah.
    The team decides to wake up Groudon and Kyogre to reinstate the balance of nature. With Rayquaza nowhere in sight, the protagonist is told the story of three legendary Golems that could return G/K to sleep. (the three are awakened right after G/K made changes to the region)
    Time jump:
    A few months after the calamity a few new places arise and a few places are redesigned.

TL;DR I should not make the next Hoenn games. XD

Back