• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Revived] Kanto & Hoenn Starters: Which will you choose?

Flamboyant

Girlpowershipping fangirl ♥
Years
  • Well, I got trought Emerald once with Mudkip (cause Swampert is awesome :D) and again with Treecko, so I think I'll go for Torchic.
    As for Kanto starters, uh. I have them all at a high level, so I really don't know. (Then again I just love Bulbasaur... xD)

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Since I'll be going to play it like the Manga.

Cyndaquil (keeping it normal)
    Squirtle (soft restarting)
    Torchic (soft restarting)

Years
  • Because I can, and do, breed for the Starters in my Platinum...
    I'll simply just choose based on "character model"...

I'll end up with both HG and SS at some point in time.

Girl (SS): Chikorita, Squirtle, Torchic
    Boy (HG): Cyndaquil, Treecko, Charmander

Joe-kun

GOOD GOOD SMILE!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    I already bred all of the past starters and have them waiting in a Platinum box, so this isn't a really tough choice ...

Kanto will probably be Squirtle, and Hoenn will be Treecko.

Years
  • I'm probably going to either pick Charmander or Bulbasaur for this first generation choice(I'm gonna have the hardest time deciding.. I love all three of them so much), but for the third, I'm probably just gonna grab a Mudkip.

Years
  • Totodile, Charmander, and Treecko. Why? Well, I'm actually a Cyndaquil fan, but Totodile is better than it in almost every stat, Charmander because I need to have a Charizard breed with a few Pokemon I own, and Treecko......Well, I like that Gecko lol.

cherrybby

→ bellarayne
    Years
  • eeeep! i'm going to have the worse time choosing! D: urmmm, let's see. it really depends on my johto starter.
    using cyndaquil ,
    kanto ; bulbasaur
    hoenn ; mudkip

using chikorita ,
    kanto ; squirtle
    hoenn ; torchic

i really can't choose between those two. D8

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Kanto : Charmander
    Johto : Totodile
    Hoenn : Treecko (I'll choose treecko 'cos I've already got a Swampert in Diamond and a Blaziken in Platinum)

Green20

Nomad
    Years
  • Well I decided to go with Totodile for Johto, so I will choose Charmander becuz Charizard is awesome, and Treecko because Sceptile was my 3rd favorite Hoenn pokemon

Amabane~*

Hard Boiled Shinigami
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2022
    Torchic, and maybe Bulbasaur (or Squirtle if I don't get Totodile as Johto starter)

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Since I'm gonna choose Cyndaquil, I'll either get Bulbasaur and Mudkip or Squirtle and Treecko.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I wish we could pick 2 Kanto and no Hoenn because I don't like the Hoenn ones lol. I'll pick either Bulbasaur or Squirtle and then I guess Torchic.

Years
  • LOL! - I love Falkner as a gym leader he's so epicly awesome ! :]

Anyway.. I'm gonna pick
    Johto- Chikorita
    Kanto- Charmander (soft reseting)
    Hoenn- Torchic or Treecko Idk ;S

Back