• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revolution control.

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
    At first it looked wierd, but I like it. Think of a Star Wars game where you could use the controller as a lightsaber, or a blaster! I think it is cool, but I think they need to make a second verson(one you hold with 2 hands) to keep everyone satisfied.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    I'm trying...I'm trying really, REALLY hard to like this controller...but I can't

C'MON nintendo! Different doesn't always mean better!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I'm skeptical about this.

Nearly every single reviewer has said on first impressions that they hated it. But when they actually played a game with it, they couldn't imagine anything else. I personally think it is very inventive and innovative. Whether that makes it any better will be my own decision.

Besides, if you people judge a conglomerate company based on one games controller, then you must be quite shallow, or a complete cynic. Just give it a chance.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    I have lost all hope in Nintendo ever making quality products again.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'm open minded to this. You people do know it's not supposed to play the same way as a regular controller, right? If it were, this set up would be completely unplayable! I mean just look at the button setup! Or...the lack of buttons, rather. I'm sure this thing can do stuff that we aren't are of yet.

It's completely motion sensored and after watching that video...I don't think anyone thought it would be *that* much. I mean...playing Zelda you'd actually be swinging that thing like a sword. However...also from watching the video I noticed a lot of it was flip of the wrist and click. It's like a sophisticated mouse, but I hope you get some actual game and not just hundred of different Duck Hunt variations. @@

But then again...if it feels as natural as mouse, that's good. THQ, EA, Ubisoft they all love it. I think Sega's seen it too before and was impressed. I can't recall Square-Enix or not.

But still, it needs a redesign. If they want to keep the remot idea, fine. Just make it look...I dunno...comfortable?

I don't know. I don't think we've seen it's potential yet.

Touching is good, feeling is better.

Last edited:

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    To people who are worried that it's too different from a regular controller, Nintendo will also be releasing a slide-on peripheral that will slide over the "remote" controller to give regular button layouts for playing games that best suit them. :)

In an interview with a Nintendo representative:
    "The thorny issue of how games not designed specifically for the Revolution - multi-platform titles - will be played. He had the answer: "We're producing a classic-style expansion controller, based on traditional designs like the Gamecube controller. It's like a shell with a hole in the top into which you slot the freehand-style controller, and then you can play third-party ported games, and retro Nintendo games you've downloaded."

Even better, while it's inserted into the classic-style shell, the freehand controller will still be able to sense positioning, bringing more options to classic games."

I say don't knock it til' you've tried it ^_^ I think it has a lot of potential and can't wait to see it in action with a real Revolution game!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Forest Grovyle said:
    To people who are worried that it's too different from a regular controller, Nintendo will also be releasing a slide-on peripheral that will slide over the "remote" controller to give regular button layouts for playing games that best suit them. :)

In an interview with a Nintendo representative:
    "The thorny issue of how games not designed specifically for the Revolution - multi-platform titles - will be played. He had the answer: "We're producing a classic-style expansion controller, based on traditional designs like the Gamecube controller. It's like a shell with a hole in the top into which you slot the freehand-style controller, and then you can play third-party ported games, and retro Nintendo games you've downloaded."

Even better, while it's inserted into the classic-style shell, the freehand controller will still be able to sense positioning, bringing more options to classic games."

I say don't knock it til' you've tried it ^_^ I think it has a lot of potential and can't wait to see it in action with a real Revolution game!
    I'm sure Nintendo would use that shell for some games aswell (besides the Retro). Which is good. For Nintendo to do well, they have to do what others are doing, plus more. Watching that video again...it reminded me of EyeToy, which is not a good thing.

I have hope, and people seem to like it already. I say, don't put it down until you see it action.

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
    Years
    well anything is better than sony, it goes liek this...
    1) nintendo come up with a cool new idea
    2) sony steal it and use it till its lost its magic
    thats been the way its gone for ages now.
    the controler looks difrent, yet again nintendo coming up with a COOL new degsine and NOT a boomerang controler.
    btw i am a MAGOR sony hater and im glad rep is gone at the moment ^_^

Zero ex

Swordmaster
    Years
    serpenter said:
    well anything is better than sony, it goes liek this...
    1) nintendo come up with a cool new idea
    2) sony steal it and use it till its lost its magic
    thats been the way its gone for ages now.
    the controler looks difrent, yet again nintendo coming up with a COOL new degsine and NOT a boomerang controler.
    btw i am a MAGOR sony hater and im glad rep is gone at the moment ^_^

Well, It seems you will take our reputation points, because we do not like this controller, right? Well all sony lovers will take your to and besides, we are discussing about the controller, not that you hate sony and all that. O, and did you know that super nintendo (snes) was not only created by nintendo, it was to of sony.

Though, the cntrol seems to be all futuristic and all, but it will be difficult to play with that thing, if i want to play with that, i can use my tv control. Now ninteno is disappointing me. Now or only hope left, is that pelican or madcatz, make a special control for the revolution, that it is like the classical ones.

Well they wasted a good idea, with that control.

Kurosaki

It seems pretty interesting to me, and as others have said already, you shouldn't really judge it negatively until you've played it. I get board of all these standard controllers anyways. The last thing I wanted was like what Sony did with the PS2 controller (gave it the same controller as the PS1 and changed the colour... Not very creative...) Some of those with negative comments already bash Nintendo, so its easy to zone out their comments, XD

Go Nintendo! Being different is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing! ^^

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Zero ex said:
    Well, It seems you will take our reputation points, because we do not like this controller, right? Well all sony lovers will take your to and besides, we are discussing about the controller, not that you hate sony and all that. O, and did you know that super nintendo (snes) was not only created by nintendo, it was to of sony.

Though, the cntrol seems to be all futuristic and all, but it will be difficult to play with that thing, if i want to play with that, i can use my tv control. Now ninteno is disappointing me. Now or only hope left, is that pelican or madcatz, make a special control for the revolution, that it is like the classical ones.

Well they wasted a good idea, with that control.

Nintendo's not stupid, believe it or not. If the controller was really that difficult to use, I THINK SOMEONE WOULD NOTICE.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
    Hmmm, I'm skeptical about this, but I'm reassured when I think about what Nintendo coulkd do with it.

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    Wow. I woulda figured people being more open minded.. it looks really cool. You need to imagian the possibilities of this.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Have you all watch the video? Or only look at the pictures? Because, yes the pictures alone make it look like rubbish, unplayable even. But watch the video. I just did again, with my dad this time, and he was blown away by it.

I do think it could do with some tweaking, but I think it's very innovative and has potential. And luckily, as Forest Grovyle already pointed out, more "normal" version will be avaible as well.

I made a list of developers that already love this thing. You can add Hideo (MGS) to that now too.

Jarman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    Like Triforce said, see a video for it or read an article about it and you will see how awesome it truly is. *coughswordswingingandgunaimingandstufflikethatcough*

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    Innovation my tail feathers, that thing's so fugly it makes the PlayStation 3 controller look like a Godsend. I don't care how innovative it is, I don't want to be caught dead playing with Iwata's turd.

Raizor Blaid

Super Sonic Owns J00
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Erf
    • Seen Jan 8, 2007
    ^to the above poster: uh huh, and you bothered to reply to this topic why?
    that thing's so fugly it makes the PlayStation 3 controller look like a Godsend.
    theres more to a controler than its looks, and learn to spell ugly.
    anyways, I think this new controler will be pretty cool, I'll buy the "notmal version" attachement (sp?) as soon as it come sout, but its pretty cool. the only thing I hope they upgrade (or is already one it, I just haven't heard) is the option to turn off the motion sensitive laser thing and play normally.

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
    Zero ex said:
    O, and did you know that super nintendo (snes) was not only created by nintendo, it was to of sony.
    Uh... no. You got it switched around Zero ex. Sony started off as a SNES CD add on.
    https://www.retro-games.co.uk/sony/sony.htm
    As you can see Sony was leaching off of Nintendo way back from the start, and Sony still does it.

But anyway this thread is about the Rev controller.
    The controller itself shouldn't be judged by looks alone. From what I've seen it looks to be revolutionary. To me it puts the Revolution in the Nintendo Revolution. I am one of the people that thought the look of the Revolution itself was stupid. I got used to it and now think it looks great.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    loony said:
    you guys forget to mention some functions =/
    Main Controller Features

* 3D Pointing. Sensors understand up, down, left, right, forward and backward.
    And along with this, you must sit in a certain position, use your entire arm(or wrist) to control. More of a chore IMO
    * Tilt Sensitive. Controller can be rotated or rolled from side-to-side.
    Meaning we can't lean or get into comfy positions on the couch?! Nuuuuuuuuu!
    * Buttons Included. Has a trigger on its backside, face buttons, and a D-Pad.
    I was really looking forward to this!
    * Multifunctional. Has an expansion port which can be used with different types of controller peripherals. Analog stick with two trigger buttons planned for left hand.
    Why not just go wireless for extra peripherals? Or atleast make the connection utilize something we're all used to, such as a USB port on the controller?
    * Wireless. Totally wire-free. Currently there are no details on the max distance, source or power, or otherwise.
    Do my eyes decieve me? The left hand controller is wired to the remote-styled one!
    * Rumble Built-in. Included as a standard in all the controllers.

Comments are above :]

Perhaps it's just my preferance, but I think Nintendo is going to die away in this gen.
    Andrea-chan said:
    Uh... no. You got it switched around Zero ex. Sony started off as a SNES CD add on.
    As you can see Sony was leaching off of Nintendo way back from the start, and Sony still does it.

The controller itself shouldn't be judged by looks alone. From what I've seen it looks to be revolutionary. To me it puts the Revolution in the Nintendo Revolution. I am one of the people that thought the look of the Revolution itself was stupid. I got used to it and now think it looks great.
    Sony never leeched off them. I'd much rather say Ninty leeched off Sony! SNES Playstation was a joint project, each company was to blame for it's non-existance. And keep in mind, this was before Sony had a standalone videogame buisness. They didn't pop out of nowhere and say 'lets leech off their system and create a disc drive!'...

But after PS1 was released, Nintendo decided to... *gasp* create N64DD! Who leeched off who?

Last edited:

Zero ex

Swordmaster
    Years
    Andrea-chan said:

OO you are right about sony.

Well I said, it is a futuristic controller, it have lots of cool things, but for some people it will be hard to use that one. o and i saw the video. If there will be a normal version, it will be cool, that way we can normally play cool games like Super smash bros meele, and resident evil(they are supposed to be to all nintendo consoles).

Back