• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revolution is now Wii

Twilight Itachi X

Twilight X. The ultimate.
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 17, 2008
    Yeah, Wii is a dumb name for a console, but it is the name Nintendo came up with. To me, Revolution did sound alot better, but hearing people across the web either being perverted about it, declining about buying Wii because of it's name, and not wanting to purchase it at a game store in person that they want to purchase the Wii or trying to tell their friends to come over and play the Wii because it will sound embarrasing and gross to them, well that's just plain dumb. Before people didn't like the name Gamecube and claiming Nintendo's "kiddish". Well Nintendo fans are enjoying the 'cube now, and it might be the same with Wii. So people, just purchase the console if you wanted it, no matter if it's Revolution, Wii, the Mega Nintendo 5, whatever. People will be purchasing it for the games that are going to be on it, and not because of some name. I'm kind of not interested in getting into the next gen consoles at the moment, but still, I wanted to make a comment about this, and that the console will still be good even if the name sounds pretty lame or weird to other people, the name of the console isn't the point to gaming.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2008
    I could care less for the name of the system, but all these urine related jokes about the name are destroying my faith in humanity.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...*has flashbacks to days of project dolphin*

Seriously, Nintendo has come up with some strange names in the past (Trozei??), so this shouldn't bee too much of a surprise. Besides, it's just a name, and as the saying goes, wouldn't a rose by any other name smell just as sweet?

...They still should have been able to come up with something better than Wii...maybe a hint that the system will be Wi-fi? Naah......

Years
    I can't wait for all the pun jokes about this to pop up soon. Why not just call it "The system formerly known as 'Revolution'" for the people who hate calling it "Wii".

When I first heard about the change, I laughed.

Back