• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Riddle Me This...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • If a customer service call center must constantly utilize automated machines and put you on hold for a half hour ("We're sorry, call volume is unusually high today" EVERY time I try to call, isn't that funny?), why doesn't it occur to them to hire more phone representatives?

Such a plan would boost the conomy AND keep people from going postal after being put on hold and forcing them through those godawful voice-recognition menus.

And yes, this comes from personal experience this week with two different companies and a government agency. I was using all sorts of four letter words as their on hold music just kept playing...

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I think I know what the answer is:

It's because employers are trying to cut their costs whenever possible. They want to do more with less, if that can be believed.

Of course, it is heard that if a business owner keeps saving all those dimes, nickles & pennies, they lose more & more dollars.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Blade_of_darkness;bt78383 said:
    I think I know what the answer is:

It's because employers are trying to cut their costs whenever possible. They want to do more with less, if that can be believed.

Of course, it is heard that if a business owner keeps saving all those dimes, nickles & pennies, they lose more & more dollars.

Plus one to this comment. It hits it right on the head.

Though I'd like to say that they may not save those dimes and stuff. Economic theory suggests that the saved money is used in Research to help them in the long term, so more innovation and such. Or they may not even keep any profit if it is perfect competition...

Last edited:

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    Sorry for putting you "on hold" for your review. Blame Chemistry.

It's awful when you NEED to get your credit card working for the steam sales. Then it takes too long. Then you MISS the steam sales. . .

Back