• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ridiculous names.. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danikamakaze

★ D a n d a n
    Years
    So, my silly boyfriend left his DS at my house and I thought to myself,

"He's told me he nicknames his pokemon, I'm going to sneakily check out his PC for sh*ts and giggles.."

So I take a look and start giggling at some of the ridiculous names he's nicknamed his pokemon:

Laprasey the Lapras
    Frostitute the Froslass
    Roserblade the Roserade
    Manbearpig the Primeape
    Triboob the Dugtrio
    Glomp! the Meganium
    I<3Turtles the Shuckle
    Sockpuppet the Milotic
    Y2K the Porygon-Z
    DiscoStick the Rhydon
    CanOpener the Skarmory

And that's a few to say the least...

So ladies and gentlemen...Do you name your pokemon ridiculous names?
    Are you like me and name them more proper names?
    Or are you too cool for names at all and just leave them as they are?

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    I usually name them after celebs, if you call it ridiculous :)

I named my Psyduck Kesha because it always has a headache and Kesha is always hungover :D

Alot I name after pro wrestlers that share similar qualites to the Pokemon too.

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    Haha, that craziest I've ever gotten with my names is Cockman for my Blaziken, Ganja for Tangrowth and Magikrap for Magikarp (durrr). I also have a collection of Magikarps named Mr.Pelican in my Diamond for no reason. I'm not very creative though. :P

Otherwise, I'm totally TOO COOL BRO and don't nickname my mons except for when I'm bored. I usually cba to think of nicknames.

nm legend

Years
    well i do nickname but there more............fitting for my pokes idk

but i did have a miltank i named Tits that i gave to one of my lil bros

....Cockman..... thats just silly lol

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
    Years
    DiscoStick is brilliant! Too bad my Rhyperior's nickname is already "Guts", and I'm not sacrificing it because it's the name of a manga/anime character I'm quite fond of.

I think the odder monikers I have are:
    Gardevoir: a certain cuss word that starts with the letter "B"
    Magneton: HowDoIWork
    Primeape: NuckinFuts
    Cradily: WTF

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I only nickname them when I feel a sudden inspiration.....or when it just has to be done.....like naming my Hitmons "Jackie", "Bruce" and "Spinning" (spinning top, as there isn't a famous person).

I sometimes name them appropriate things...like "Pyro" the charmander...or simple ones if the family keeps part of their name all through...like "Saur", "Poli", "Mach" and "Lu" - Venusaur, Poliwrath,, Machamp, Lucario (female, it seems weird calling a male "Lu" for some reason).

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Do you name your Pokemon ridiculous names?
    No, I don't.
    Are you too cool for names at all and just leave them as they are?
    I don't think I'm too cool for nicknames, I just like to leave my Pokemon's names the same.

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
    Those names are funny. :) I give nicknames to my main team, the rest I just leave alone, however sometimes I feel the need to give certain Pokémon nicknames randomly. I think it depends on what Pokémon I catch. (If it's design appeals to me that's when I give a nickname to it).

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't always nickname my team's. I remember I called my Pigeot "Sky" and my Typhlosion "Eruption"

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I never used to call them names, but now I do but it's only these;

Rachel, Finn, Kurt, Santana, Quinn, Brittany, Mike, Tina, Mercedes, Puck, Sam, Artie or Will.

Yes they are strange names, what names are they GLEE! :D /Sad. In your face Mew.

Kelp

<3
    Years
    I used to nickname my pokemon. I don't usually though, so it's been quite a while. I can only remember that I nicknamed my Spiritomb: Dragonite. One of those things where you confuse the online players. xD

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I give my Pokemon rediculous names that are sometimes fitting. Sometimes I give them names after characters from shows or games, such as Misty the Caterpie, Top Man the Hitmontop, or Peach the Oddish. Sometimes I give them random names, like for some reason I always name my Gyardos George. Still other times, I give them names about what they are based on, like Slingshot the Aipom. (cwatididthar?) So yes I give my Pokemon rediculous names.

Ice Queen

I Love May
    Years
    All i can remember that i nicknamed my Walrein Wozza, because there was a walrus on a video game i played when i was little called Wozza. usually i nickname my Pokemon based on what they look like or just shorten there name like Bulba, Saur, Toto, Cynda, Blast, Blaze etc...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back