• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Riding Pokemon...on Land

Years
  • You don't build a bond with your car. Well, at least it doesn't build one with YOU. There is also something to be said about the openness of riding a pokemon, or for example a horse irl. No doors, no windows, just you, your anime/pokemon, and open air. Maybe not as safe, but what are you going to crash into riding a pokemon anyways? God forbid you try to ride a derpy Psyduck and run full-speed into a wall.

Idk, I think it COULD be a welcome feature in the main series (I don't play spin-offs or Mystery Dungeon, etc...yet). But I don't think it could add any more than the Acro Bike or Mach Bike. More terrain should be added into games and the Acro/Mach choice brought back...

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I wouldn't really like riding Pokemon on land. There's already a bike for that. Besides, Fly and Surf was created because they are used to go to places which can't be reached by foot/bike.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I can't remember who it is, but there is someone on deviantart who does Pokemon comics, and the female character rides her Arcanine. I think It'd be cool to ride Pokemon over large areas of land. I'd totally ride my gyarados over a bike any day. Maybe I'm just weird, but I think this should totally be added to the games.

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
  • I think this is an interesting topic. Cheers for the TS...

I have been thinking that in Gen 6, we could have a HM called Ride or something. In attacking, it would look like an Agility attack with damage. When outside battle, we can use it to travel to only the nearest town you just visited.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    GETTING RID OF THE BIKE? BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

Back