• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Riding the Winds of Change!" Episode Discussion

Years
    Here is where you can discuss the gang dealing with a Gliscor and a Gilgar flock in "Riding the Winds of Change!"

My review to come forthwith.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...I always thought the "Glis" part was pronounced the same way as in the word "glisten"...oh well.

*placeholder*

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    This episode was okay, now time to review.

- Gliscor's voice was okay, I would think it would be deeper darker voice.
    - Finally around the end of this episode, Ash finally notice Turtwig need to focus on his Energy Ball >_<
    - I laughed when Jessie threw there Rice balls to the Gligars Gliscor gang XD

I would give this episode a 6/10

Last edited:

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
    Years
    I've been waiting forever to see this Dub episode.

- Gligar's so cute!
    - I think Gligar winked at me XD
    - No Gligar winked at Ash :P
    - Gligar has got to me one of my favorite Pokemon
    - The title: "Riding the Winds of Change" kinda fits this episode perfectly compared to the last Dub episode with the Swinub >.>'
    - Ash captures a Gligar!
    - Yeah and (spoiler) It evolves later after the 4th gym ^_^
    - Gliscor = AWESOME
    - Oh noes its Paul again!
    - Paul just has to ruin the mood of the episode with his as usual "I'm better then you" attitude.
    - I think it was kinda destined or the writers love twists.
    - Yeah, Paul catches Gliscor & Ash catches Gligar
    - I can see a Gliscor vs Gliscor matchup in the future
    - That would be awesome Ash's Gliscor would get its revenge on Paul, same with Chimchar getting its revenge. Paul has the ability to leave you with a bad aftertaste.
    - Gligar=Aipom lol except not the hat, it will crash land on Ash! XD XD
    - I remember when Gligar first appeared in the Anime in that Johto episode about Gligarman and his Gligar (Gligar = cute ^^) No one would even suspect that Ash would get his own Gligar one day XD.
    - This is why I'm glad that when Ash's Gligar evolves it still keeps its sillyness and love for Ash. Now Ash will have a Crash landing Gliscor lol.
    -Gligar's wink equals utter cuteness and that X-Scissor equals coolness.
    - Turtwig finally got Energy Ball mastered!

Episode Rating: 10/10

Gligar!!

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    You have to like Gligar in this episode whether you want to or not. ^^

Lol, Rice balls. XD I loved this episode. Gligar really made my day.
    Spoiler:

Turtwig finally got Energy Ball down. ^^

Inu's Rating: 8/10

*Will write a longer review once I have the time*

Next Week: The return of Butch and Cassidy! ^^

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Only thing that bothered me (and the anime does this a lot, like when Croagunk beat Scizor) was electric attacks affecting Gligar/Gliscor.

Other than that is was good. I already knew Ash was going to catch a Gligar this season
    Spoiler:
    but I didn't know Paul was gonna get the Gliscor. That'll be a weird battle.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Su. It was a good episode and I really did felt bad for the Gligar and Glisor but really I kinda just didn't like the battle that Paul had. I mean I really was expecting that Thunderbolt to do nothing which was to explain why Paul gave up on Electabuzz but really it seems to have no problems different then Weavile. I kinda find it annoying that they don't keep up with things from the game. Su.

I just love the Rockets in this episode. Very coolies. I mean they really did have a good way to capture all the pokemon but what really got me was how come Ash and friends didn't let them take the pokemon and follow them. I mean Team Rocket did a better job at getting the Gligars out of there then they did. Teeheehee

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Blah the one I watched was horribly low quality, even when I added &fmt=18
    I liked the capture!

- Itt sounds like Ash says "Laser leaf!" XD
    - Glai-scor? Aww I thought it was Glih-scor. Makes sense, I suppose
    - Gligar is too cute (I've been watchig it in Japanese, maybe that's why I think that so quickly...
    - Is this the 1st town they've been to that wasn't in DP?
    - lol that wall fell other and it didn't even get cracks
    - lol Gligar's don't like organic riceballs XD I thought the scene was hilarious
    - PAUL GETS PWNED

Quotes:

Ash: Can't you watch where you fall!?
    - Uh, Ash? I'm not sure if you noticed, but you ran underneath her!

Jenny: The city has come to a standstill!!
    - Nah, the people are always standing around doing nothing on Pokemon

Brock: Those attacks did nothing against those cages
    James: Like you

LOL pwned

Last edited:

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    i think paul is mean. that gligar should've hit him on the head to knock some sense into him!

Years
    Is it a record that Team Rocket blasted off three times in one episode? Ash usually tries to catch falling Pokemon, not let them fall on him.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Is it a record that Team Rocket blasted off three times in one episode? Ash usually tries to catch falling Pokemon, not let them fall on him.

In Malice in Wonderland they blasted off 7+ times (there were blast offs off-screen too) that episode was the world record.

Years
    In Malice in Wonderland they blasted off 7+ times (there were blast offs off-screen too) that episode was the world record.

Well, Malice in Wonderland was a dream type plot, so they could get away with the extra ones, although, I think it was a tad sadistic. Oh, those wacky writers, what will you do when you can no longer abuse the Rockets?

Edit: Yeah, I know. Interpret it any way you want it. Heh.

Back