• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Audio] Ripping music from Pokemon Golden Sun

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Has anybody had any luck with ripping the soundtrack from Pokemon Golden Sun? I can't find the song table in my hex editor, and when comparing it to a Japanese Fire Red rom, the pointer to the song table isn't in the same spot. Sappy doesn't find it either when I load it. I really want to analyze how the songs were written, and look at what makes them sound so good.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2020
    If you open a clean Japanese Fire Red rom in sappy, then open the romhack, it should be able to find the music used in the hack. I'm not that familiar with gen 1/2's OSTs, but I think that the new songs start appearing after song number 270 (mixed with Fire Red's original music). For example, I'm pretty sure song 296 is one of the battle themes. To find the songs you want you'd have to try the different song numbers.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I did end up finding it, but not in that way. I did look at a clean Japanese Fire Red rom, but it was completely different than Golden Sun. A tool found it for me.

Back