• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Set one year after the events of Tomb Raider, Lara Croft is struggling to explain her experience of the supernatural on Yamatai. Looking for answers, she turns to her late father's research into the lost city of Kitezh and the promise of immortality. Her father's partner Ana attempts to warn her off as his obsession with Kitezh drove him to ruin. Lara ignores her and organizes an expedition to Syria, hoping to uncover the tomb of the Prophet of Constantinople, a key figure in the legend of Kitezh.
    Source

The game released for Xbox One and 360 back in November, but has yet been for PS4 and PC (which I totally don't get...). So anyone played it, looks pretty good. I won't get it, but a friend of mine is excited for it so I'll borrow it from him in a month or so after it releases. Anyone a fan of the series, or played this game? What do you think of the Tomb Raider series, imo it's a little overrated.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • This game pretty much works like this.

Microsoft - Damn, we invested so much funding into this and nothing?!
    Square Enix - Sasuga we, let's not care about sales now, we have a bucket of gold from those M$ jews.

Anyway, until it releases on PS4 and PC, it's hard to say anything about success of this game.

but has yet been for PS4 and PC (which I totally don't get...).
    What do you not get? =D Microsoft bought quite long timed exclusivity for crapload of money.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I'm playing this right now and loving it. So far, it seems to be a big step up from TR2013 (which I enjoyed) in terms of plot, characters, world design, gameplay, and just about everything else. There's a lot more exploration, more/better tombs, extra sidequests, etc.

The gunplay feels a bit...off though. Not sure what it is, but every time I have to switch from the bow to guns, the aiming, weight, and overall "feel" of the guns is just weird. I try to stick to stealth with the bow as much as possible, and that's where the game really shines. The times when it throws you into gunfights are the worst parts of the game.

Overall though, I'm really enjoying it. It's just a shame that Square sent it to die by making it an Xbox One exclusive and delaying PS4/PC releases. It deserves better sales than it's getting.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm still trying to figure out if the two recent Tomb Raider games are prequels to the series and not reboots, since the 2013 title showcased Lara Craft's origins before she became the action girl we all know and love today.

It's just a shame that Square sent it to die by making it an Xbox One exclusive and delaying PS4/PC releases. It deserves better sales than it's getting.

Isn't console exclusivity a good thing though? What's the point of getting both systems if they share almost the exact same library of games? Microsoft even claimed they were satisfied with the game's overall sales, which Square Enix should take notes on for always expecting their games to have CoD sales.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Isn't console exclusivity a good thing though? What's the point of getting both systems if they share almost the exact same library of games? Microsoft even claimed they were satisfied with the game's overall sales, which Square Enix should take notes on for always expecting their games to have CoD sales.
    "CoD sales" are one thing, not even coming close to breaking the top 10 of the month it released is another. Do you really expect Microsoft to come out and say anything negative about one of their biggest exclusives this fall?

The fact is, the exclusivity deal + releasing on the same day as the biggest game release of the year (Fallout 4) really hurt Rise of the Tomb Raider's chances of getting decent sales numbers.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I agree. I think exclusivity is BS, and only hurts companies. Excluding Nintendo, I feel like the games with the best sales comes from games that include both PS4 + Xbox One. Halo 5 sold well, but could have sold a hell of a lot better if it came to PS4 also. However, I don't think that the day the game came out really affected it because November is always a monsoon of "big" games that come out anyways. Maybe they should have waited and just released Rise of the Tomb Raider on all 3 platforms in February?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I agree. I think exclusivity is BS, and only hurts companies. Excluding Nintendo, I feel like the games with the best sales comes from games that include both PS4 + Xbox One. Halo 5 sold well, but could have sold a hell of a lot better if it came to PS4 also. However, I don't think that the day the game came out really affected it because November is always a monsoon of "big" games that come out anyways. Maybe they should have waited and just released Rise of the Tomb Raider on all 3 platforms in February?
    I might have already said that, but if this happened, there wouldn't be any more "multiplatform" titles, because Xbone would become absolutely pointless :D

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
  • This game is extremely overhyped, I have come to hate those type of games where for every 10 minutes of cinematics you get to play 2 minutes which is humiliating because the game hints your every move.

Back