• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rising Shadows (Pg-15)

Years
    Chris sank backwards into his chair. The way Dr. Ivory had shoved him into the spotlight completely embarassed him. L. Ivory showed no interest in Chris's actions, choosing instead to focus on Will's question.

"Mission? You haven't even accepted ouroffer yet. If you do choose to join the W.P.A, I canguarantee that you will recieve time to watch your friend's Pokemon League challenge before you undergo training." L. Ivory explained. "So, do you choose to accept the offer? This is a question that all of you must answer..."

"Hmmm, let's see... You give me a minimal amount of info on the organization you're trying to recruit me to; show videos that you've been keeping on file for about three years; spout random-yet disturbingly accurate- facts involving me; and now you want me to join you guys?" Chris glared angrily at Dr. Ivory. "Personally, I think you sound more like a group of stalkers than anything else! Forget this, I'm out of here."

As Chris stood up to leave, L. Ivory sighed. "If your final decision is to decline, we understand... I'll start organizing the plans for your relocation..."

Chris froze mid-step at Dr. Ivory's last remark. "My what?"

"Your relocation. It's a necessary step in our recruitment process. Should a recruit refuse to accept the offer, we relocate them. This prevents certain organizations- the remnants of Team Rocket, Team Galactic, etc- from 'contacting' you for information about our organization." L. Ivory smiled grimly at the teenagers. In truth, recruits WERE in fact relocated if they declined the offer, but the threat of such an event typically minimalized the number of declinations. Besides these kids looked tough enough to survive working for the W.P.A, unlike the typical teens that declined.

Chris gaped at her. "Are you serious?" He aske in an incredulous tone. "What kind of deal is that?! 'Join us or be relocated' sounds more like blackmail than anything else!"

L. Ivory frowned. "When national security is on the line, I don't make jokes." She retorted. "Now, do you accept or declinde your offer?"

Chris glared at her for a few moments before responding. "Like I have much of a choice... I accept." He answered begrudgingly.

L. Ivory's expression lightened. One down, three to go... "Does anyone else accept the offer?" She inquired, smiling in an uncharactersically cheerful manner.

Last edited:
    Back