• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Rival Speculation

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    I liked the idea of having two rivals in the B/W version, each with different personalities, I wish that sort of thing will happen again.

I don't really care about names, but I think that one should be quiet and mature and uses a lot of status moves on their Pokemon, whereas the other one has a a chic-like aggressive personality like Hugh from B2/W2 and uses lots of attacking moves on their Pokemon. If there are two rivals, maybe they can ask you to trade for one of their Pokemon. That would be exciting! :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    How about having version exclusive Rivals? One of them can be more of a defensive/Status-Stall using Rival, and the other can be more offensive, pure power focused rival. I'll like if their personalities were Tsundere and moron, hidden bad ass respectively.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd rather if there was just personality/ideal changes, rather than battle style. Since it'd make choosing between the two more difficult.

Years
    • Age 23
    • No.
    • Seen May 1, 2014
    I hope that the rival isn't the same as Hugh. He was like pathetic and wasn't really a rival to me.
    Perhaps a rival that is a normal person, someone that can really be a rival like Cheren.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    What if the rival becomes a gym leader soon after you meet them, and it's like the "I wanna be like you" mentality, and the rival gets egotistical cause of power??

Years
    I really enjoy the idea of a sibling rivalry. I miss being able to name your rival, so I really would like that feature to come back! Two rivals would be nice as well. I think it would be kind of interesting if they made the Professor of the game a trainer/rival as well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This would be awesome, since it builds upon the player's own determination to beat them over and over again. And then you would eventually see your Rival as champion with a bloated head...much like Blue back in FR/LG. So it'd be interesting to see them move along the ranks and still have them lose. xD

And then once you beat them as champion, they finally realise the error of their ways, fulfilling the whole circle of a rival. Damn I could see it play out in my head. :3

Back