• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rival's name and your name

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Named myself A. Named my rival B. I didn't really feel like taking time to think of clever names haha. Same goes for the Pokemon.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Named my trainer Samus and my Rival Ridley as I was obsessed with Metriod.

team
Luke the Gallade
Birdie[//b] the staraptor
Flames the Flareon

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Hmmm....okay

my name in Pearl: Lati
rivals name: buttfce

my name in Platinum: Latifah
rivals name: stupid

my name in Soul Silver: Lati
rivals name: bastard

As you can tell I am still immature xD

:t354:TG

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I name my character Hannah, which is my real name, and my rival, Khyle, which is my pair's name. As for the Pokemon, I don't nickname 'em.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
In Heart Gold, my player is named Moxxi and my rival is named Jack. Those names are based off characters from Borderlands, which also inspired the Challenge I'm doing. My team has a similar theme too. They have names after Borderlands characters, while my starter is named Bad Touch, which is one of Moxxi's guns.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
In D/P/Pt
Me: My real name (Which I refuse to reveal xD)
Rival: Jack, I wasn't all that creative back then xD

In HG/SS
Me: Again, my real name
Rival: I already liked Silver so I kept it. xD

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
My default name for these games is Shadow, but for rival it varies. I used to always name the rival something like "idiot" or "stupid," but now I just give the rivals their default names. Oh, and for nicknaming Pokemon, I always give them one if they're on my team. Sometimes its close to their actual names other times it isn't.
Ex: Torterra -> Torterror

Back