• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Rival's name

Years
  • I also went with Gary. For nostalgia. I usually named him that in the past as well. Sometimes I would name him Blue too.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, for my VC Red, I named myself Ludger, so naturally my rival is Julius. :) Back in the day though, I think I just named him Gary, but that got boring. So I got creative and named him ONIONS in all caps just like that. Because I hate onions.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    Anyone ever have a playthrough as AAAAAAAA with the rival AAAAAAAA. Had a friend that started a game while falling asleep.. wouldn't stop mashing that A button I guess. I STILL make fun of him for his laziness. :P

Years
  • I always name the rival after a person I dislike or someone in which I'm having a falling out with at the time. That way I can kick their butts and destroy their dreams without really doing it. >:)

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • Pretty sure I always just called him Green or Gary, because even if I named him something different, that's what I'd call him anyway.

In my newer Yellow file on the 3DS, I still went with Gary because I can't not. I tried to think up something witty, and it just didn't happen. Not in the stars to give my rivals stupid names. Maybe I should restart my file and name them both something dumb. :|

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I was always deeply unimaginative when naming my rival, he'd usually just end up being called Blue or Gary, due to my affinity with the anime.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I usually called him "Ash" and myself, "Gary." Even as a kid, I always thought Gary was way cooler and hotter than Ash, as well as a superior trainer. {XD}

Deníz1

Die Nacht ist des Freien Freund
    Years
  • I ususally stick to pretty childish and dumb names like "Ass, Dumbo, Fart" ...and so on :-P Did it when i was 7, done it when i was 25 :-D

Had awesome moments when Professor shouts: "WAIT, Fart!" or.... "Great Asshole,...." :-D

Was funny when i was 7, will still be funny when im 70.

No flame me :-D

Talon Flare

Learning to break kayfabe
    Years
  • I name my rival "Gray" because it's an anagram for "Gary".
    Rival's name

Back