• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

River City Ransom (NES)

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Has anyone here ever played this classic beat'em up? I have. One of the most popular games ever for the NES too. Who doesn't like thugs giving you commentary such as "BARF!" "I'm outta here!" "Wham!" as you beat them down with 2x4s, Trash Cans, Tires?

Has some RPGish like elements too with eating food which boosts up certain stats, reading books give you new techniques.

Classic game in my eyes!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Haha. I absolutely love River City Ransom. :D I loved playing that game.

I gotta find it again, it's somewhere up in storage.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    I have the GBA version too. You can actually recruit some of the bosses you beat along the way and have a four man group in that one. (At the end when you face Simon, he calls out the Dragon Twins & Otis if you have four guys with you and it becomes an all out 8-man battle royale to the death!) Plus you can customize your character, you get like 20 different new moves in that game to learn, more weapons like ladders/poles/briefcases, etc.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    I LOVE River City Ransom, sweeties! X3 My brother and I play that game to death on my NES. I still have the GBA version in one of my DS. Classic beat'em up with RPG elements. One of my personal favorite beat'em up games.

"BARF!"

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    No doubt! I really wish the game was longer on both the NES & GBA. Can beat both quite fast. ;-;

Back