• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
Years
  • Well, let's see...

Base stats for all Pokemon 6 x 389 (386 + all 4 Deoxys forms) = 2334
    Base experience values = 389
    Stored EV and IV values/Hidden Power values: 14x Pokemon held/owned.
    Stored Experience gained: 1 x Pokemon held/owned.
    Storage values for Pokemon Storage facility: around 20 variables x 30 per box = 600

That's 3,323 on its own, which will increase by the number of Pokemon held. So eventually, we will need all these variables.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Let me clear up the main confusion here.

All games made in RPG Maker 2000 ARE ALWAYS COMPATIBLE with RPG Maker 2003. If we make it in 2000, you will still be able to play it in 2003.

If we make it in 2003, as we have been, it will ALWAYS BE COMPATIBLE with 2000 SO LONG AS no 2003-specific features are used.

The two programs are compatible back and forth as long as there are no 2003-ONLY features used, which we don't forsee as necessary.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    rm2k3kid said:
    I have that patch if you want it...!

You don't need to use RM2K now. Look, the patch is in RM2K3kid's post just a bit up the page (thought I'd quote it). I'd suggest you use it. I thought it was compatable but becasue of the variable count, I thought maybe if you had over 5,000 variables and then loaded it into RM2K3 that it wouldn't work.

But anyway, I'd suggest the patch but I guess it's up to you.

Years
  • Hey everyone.. I am just here to get some things I left behind. I would also like to give you guys a bit of help though.. If you are gonna start doing this for real then you will need a website to start off with.. Just any crappy old thing. Include the patch with the download or else nobody will be able to use the system.
    For some of those glitches, there is a switch which is with the cms-part of choosing attack/bag/run etc. and it is used to stop the player from using options and selecting things while attacks are happening.
    I also haven't completely finished the item part.. If you choose an item which doesn't yet have anything to do then you will return to the cbs and nothing will happen.. I thought I fixed it but I guess not..
    Yeah I know there are a lot of bugs but this is just version 2 and most of the programming was done by me so there will be bugs..

Ok cya all later.. I don't have the internet at my new house so that will also restrict my posting abilities.. I wish everyone the best of luck :)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, it's nice to hear from you Krazy.

Base stats for all Pokemon 6 x 389 (386 + all 4 Deoxys forms) = 2334
    Can't we just do something like this?

if variable 'pokemon selected' = 1 (1~389 for different pokemon)
    variable 'base stat 1' set = (base stat of that selected pokemon)
    variable 'base stat 2' set = (2nd base stat of that selected pokemon)
    variable 'base stat 3' set = (3rd base stat of that selected pokemon)
    variable 'base stat 4' set = (4th base stat of that selected pokemon)
    variable 'base stat 5' set = (5th base stat of that selected pokemon)
    variable 'base stat 6' set = (6th base stat of that selected pokemon)

then...repeat that for every pokemon? You don't necessarily have to save
    every pokemon's base stats in the editor. Of course this can be only done
    with the 'in battle' pokemon and pokemon 'first caught' Pokemon stored
    inside the PC will all need 6 variables to themselves. (6x number of max pokemon that can be managed to store in PC)

Base experience values = 389
    Stored EV and IV values/Hidden Power values: 14x Pokemon held/owned.
    Stored Experience gained: 1 x Pokemon held/owned.
    Storage values for Pokemon Storage facility: around 20 variables x 30 per box = 600

I have nothing wrong with this.

Anyway, remember the seperate variables for the item system and CNS.
    I have nothing wrong with using rm2k by the way.

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Has the CBS configuration started? I'd like to be of some help if possible.

White_Light

Rm2k3 User
    Years
  • Hey.. I am new here! (But not to rm2k/3).. This sounds like a great project and I hope you all finish it soon so I can use it in my game :)

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • CBS configuration? How do you mean? I've been messing with the CMS, and toothache is painstakingly adding base stats and other various formulae. I'll also be messing with a few aestetic issues to make it look more like the original. Unfortunately because of screen dimension issues, to get it exact you either need a border or do the best you can. A long time ago we decided to do it full screen, so I'm doing the best I can to maintain similar on-screen proportions.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    rm2k3kid said:
    If you need a hand with some of the graphics then give me a yell! I'll be glad to contribute to the cbs!

Me too. I know RM2K3kid is on this 'team' yet he hasn't been assigned to do anything. I know I'm on th egame team and I guess it hasn't started. Well if this game won't start until the CBS is finished, then I wish to contribute to the CBS too. Just assign me something, send me the up to date cbs stuff (including scripts such as thet eackle because I don't have it) so I can get to work on it.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • I'm roughly around 1/3 of the way through adding the base stats in, it's been a long and painful process but I'm slowly getting there. (doesn't help that GTA: San Andreas is addictive either :-) )Once they're all in, I can really start on the battle formulae and other things (like linking the base stats to the Pokedex entries and so on). I just hate the fact there's no easy way to pull this off, and in some areas I'm having to add around 400 fork conditions, but oh well. It'll be worth it.

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
  • Good luck Toothache! I can't wait for this thing to be done! :)

P.S. You're right, GTA: San Andreas don't help! It is so addicting! *Drools*

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    ive always wanted to know about battle systems on rpgm2k

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Toothache said:
    I just hate the fact there's no easy way to pull this off, and in some areas I'm having to add around 400 fork conditions, but oh well. It'll be worth it.
    I'm used to using loads of fork conditions so if you need anyone to lighten the load on this then just ask because I'm always willing to help.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Me too. I know RM2K3kid is on this 'team' yet he hasn't been assigned to do anything.
    Actually, RM2K3kid signed up for mapping like... a year and a half ago, lol ;)

The ball is in Toothache's hands. After he finishes the formulae, I'm going to fix up a few graphic things and then anyone else can work on it, maybe do some debugging. And the mappers can start making regions and such if they chose.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I think I was signed up for maps and something else a while ago. I'm willing to do anything: maps, events, cms, pokedex etc. We had a small discussion about this about 6-7 months ago and we still don't have a name, or even code name for this project. DM you may wanna make a new job chart for the new people that have joined and want to help out who can take the roles of those that have left PC.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Okay, here's what I have so far. We can edit this as we go along (PS: I may have forgoten a few people)
    Programming:
    CBS: Meerkat, me, OPEN, OPEN, OPEN
    CMS: Me, OPEN, OPEN

Story:
    Creation: omarfr, Barry OPEN
    Implimentation: OPEN

Maps
    Design: rm2k3kid, phoenix316, Avatar, awkwardsilencer, Pokereaper
    GFX (chip/charset): Daegon, Phoenix316, Avatar, Zephadus

Events:
    Common: Zephadus OPEN
    Map: Happy Gilmore, Lt. Surge, jaz_jaz

That's it, so far. If your name is crossed out, you are no longer active. If I crossed out your name and you're still in, lemme know. Plus, we have several positions open. If you want you can have your name removed, your job changed, have more jobs added, or even join a job with no OPEN symbol. If there's an OPEN, we're in need of those people. If not, you can still join that job if you want.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back