• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rm2k3 - Basic - Normal Starters Guide for Pokemon

Sinmora

Rm2k Pro Coder
    Years
    So you want to be a pokemon game making master...? Do you have the skills to be...number one? Ok thats enough...I know I was away hiding in shadows for months...popping up, browzing and what not, so now I decided to make a pokemon starter guide.

This guide will not cover CBS, CMS, and all those other complex systems...maybe later?

Firstly an oppening. (Guessing you alreay have your story.)

To make an oppening is quite simple. First take your panarama of whatever your using as your background and set it to the opening map. Next make a new transparent event and enter this.

<>Wait: 0.5

This will make a short pause in the opening. Next go to show picture and set it to whatever your prof. is and set the position to the center of the screen. (X= 160 Y=120) And set the transparrent for up and down to 100 making the picture see threw. Click ok and go to move event. Guessing that what we just said is picture one, set the move to remain in center of screen and have transparent sent to 0 and the time it takes to finish 20 ms. (2 seconds). This will make the professor look like hes appearing slowly before your eyes. And make sure wait for finish is on. So you should have something like this.:

<> Wait: 0.5
    <> Show Picture: 1, ???, (160, 120)
    <> Move Picture: 1, (160, 120) 2.0 sec(E)

Now add your text and viola. 1/5 of the opening is done. Next after your text and your prof asks if you are a boy or girl insert:

<> Move Picture: 1, (and set transparency to 100 so he dissapears) 2.0 sec(E)
    <> Erase Pic 1

Now show the picture of the male hero the same way we did the professor. Havind him magically appear slowly. I will not go into detail on a boy girl system nore a name thingy...for I dont know how to do that myself...

Now add a teleport to where you start the game and put a parallel process event. On that event where the hero starts add a move event, move speed down. This will give it that more pokemon walking speed and should look like this:

<> Hero, Move Speed Down

Now add a switch cutting the event off.

<> Change Switch: ??? Turns ON

Make a new page where the switch turning on cancels out the efect of the parellel process event...OK! If this is to confusing I suggest you go and
    read a basic rm2k3 guide for...well rm2k3 newbs. Next up...DOORS - IN!:

Ok...first select a door you want to use as a char with four different open frames. Set the door as closed on a push key event.

Now set a move for the door having it face right (or whatever it has to do to make it look slightly open graphic.) Then add a wait of 0.2 seconds...this will add a more realistic feel and keep the door from opening to fast. now add another move door face up. Add a wait of 0.1 seconds then add the final move and another wait. If you want you can have the hero move up so it looks like hes walking in then add the teleport...it should look like this:

<> Move Event ??? Face-Right
    <> Wait: 0.2 sec.
    <> Move Event ??? Face-Up
    <> Wait: 0.1 sec.
    <> Move Event ??? Face-Left
    <> Wait: 0.2 sec.
    <> Move Event Hero Up
    <> Wait: 0.3 sec.
    <> Teleport: ??? ??? ???

And once again viola...a door that opens...now I will go to bed for I dont feel like making a door that opens when you leave.

Back