• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K3 Pokemon Introduction Tutorial

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2005
    RPG MAKER 2003:
    "Pokemon Introduction Tutorial"
    By: JTA.
    Okay 1st you need to gather the right materials, which are listed below;
    1: Paint Program (MS Paint, PSP, Photoshop, ect..)
    2: These Instructions
    3: Imagination
    4: Some Introduction Pictures
    (1)Okay first you need to set the map screen to 20X20! You can do this by right clicking anywhere in your map and then by going to Map Properties. Now that's done, you need to set up one of your chipsets to the Main Chipset that comes with RM2K3. After that move on to step 2!
    (2)2nd you need to now fill in the hole map with the color (pink) which is stock on the lower level editing option. After that, simply right click the top corner of the map and set the player start position! Then, go to the next square, which is next to the newly set player start condition. Now while in the right click selection go to New Event.
    (3)3rd, you should now be in the event editing thing. Now you go to trigger conditions, and set it to auto-start. Then simply go to the event layer selection and set it to same level as hero. Okay now you can start to make your event commands!
    (4)4rth, Now go and right click inside the event commands option and go and set the following;
    <>show picture intro picture1 (here just set it to your 1st introduction pic)
    <>wait 4.0sec
    <>erase picture 1
    <>Wait 4.0 sec
    <>show picture 2: intro picture2
    <>wait 4.0 sec
    <>erase picture 2
    <>wait 4.0 sec
    <>show picture 3: intro picture3
    <>wait 4.0 sec
    <>erase picture 3
    <>wait 4.0 sec
    <>show picture 4: intro picture4
    <>wait 4.0
    <>erase picture 4
    <>wait 4.0 sec
    <>hide screen: fade-out
    <>teleport (here just make it where you teleport to your 1st map)
    <>show screen: fade-in
    <>erase event
    (5)And your done, you can modify it to do anything, and as always, enjoy!

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Yeah it really bugged me that you'd have to do TWO title screens for this kind of stuff. I hope the next RM(dunno if thye are working on a new one or not) has something so you can do this.

Neo Genesis

The Wanderer
    Years
  • TheAbsol said:
    Yeah it really bugged me that you'd have to do TWO title screens for this kind of stuff. I hope the next RM(dunno if thye are working on a new one or not) has something so you can do this.
    They are currently translating RM3D which is a rpg maker for 3D games. BTW nice tutorial!

Webmaster Tyler

Owner of Pokemon Help
    Years
  • Can you post some pics for this cause i dont get a lot of stuff your say cause are you suppose to put the words in the drawing or what?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2005
    Oh! Sorry!

REPLY TO Webmaster Tyler:
    Yeas your supposed to put the words that you want to say into the introduction! If that's what you mean!
    REPLY TO KIRA:
    Uh the only battle system I know of is the one that occurs after you pick your starting pokemon, sorry! But if that would work for you, I'll make another tutorial on that issue!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2005
    Hey Webmaster Tyler I figured it out!

Okay just go into the area, that which your map is edited and right click on the intro event that you set, and highlight the old section and cut it, by right clicking it and then going to paste. Then just copy the following code into the event commands.
    <>Message display options:Normal, center, auto, halt proccess
    <>Message: Are you a Male or Female?
    <>Wait 4.0 sec
    <>Show choices: Male/Female
    :[Male] handler
    <>Change party members: May remove (these are just the names I chose)
    <>Change party members: Ash Add
    <>
    :[Female]handler]
    <>Change party members: Ash remove
    <>Change party members: May add
    <>
    :End
    <>Wait 4.0 sec
    Now just paste the old section back in by right clicking the below the Wait command and then going to paste, and your done!

Webmaster Tyler

Owner of Pokemon Help
    Years
  • um will this stuff work for RPG maker xp and how would you make that happen if you cant make a starting group on the some event

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
    Years
  • do you mean how do you make your hero graphic not show, then chnage it to may or ash ?

if so, your hero graphic should be nothing (use the one attached) then when you choose your gender add a varible like , gender = 1 for boy and 2 for girl, when the intro finishes add a Fork option (conditional branch) If gender = 1 and add a else case, after the if gender =1 add a change hero sprite to a male character and on the else xcase do the same but make the sprite a girl and gender = 2

hope that helps

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2005
    Hey, Chazzy!

Hey Chazzy....? If you make a small tutorial and post it here in this thread that would be great, Oh! And thanks to all that which replied with your comments!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2005
    Well.....

Well I only need one for the gender, but if you can I need to to do two things, and they are listed below;
    (1)I need it to be for RPG Maker 2003
    (2)It needs to go along with my intro tutorial!
    So do you think you could do that, if so, it would be great!

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    Hey,can you make me a pic tutorial?I dont really understand!

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2005
    the paart im stuck on is:
    Then, go to the next square, which is next to the newly set player start condition. Now while in the right click selection go to New Event.
    (3)3rd, you should now be in the event editing thing. Now you go to trigger conditions, and set it to auto-start. Then simply go to the event layer selection and set it to same level as hero. Okay now you can start to make your event commands!

Back