• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT, It's scroed a 57-18 record on Shoddy.

ShadowAzelf

Lopunny Lova
    Years
    Moltres @Choice Scarf
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 40 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
    Ability: Pressure

Overheat
    Air Slash
    Will-o-Wisp
    U-Turn

Well, I found a new set on Smogon recently and tried it out. It worked with great success as a lead and it can still come in late game even with its 4x weakness to Stealth Rock.

Moltres was chosen only because I randomly captured a really good one and decided to try it out on my team. Not too long ago, Moltres was a late game AgiliTres that didn't work too well with the fact that it can't switch in pretty easily.

The moveset is standard right down to the point. It was designed to OHKO most common leads with Overheat and Air Slash while being able to outspeed them all. Moltres is bulky enough to take Thunderbolts from Life Orb Deoxys or ScarfGar and I've been using its bulk to my advantage. Will-o-Wisp makes it a lot easier to screw up Swampert, Tyranitar or Gyarados who tend to try and mess Moltres up with Stone Edges- All of which will 2KO after a Wisp, providing that they're not Choice Banded. U-Turn is an excellent scouting move against leads that Moltres won't be able OHKO.

Tyranitar @Lum Berry
    Quiet Nature
    EVs: 236 HP / 40 SpD / 176 SpA / 56 Atk
    Ability: Sand Stream

Curse
    Fire Blast
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge

Tyranitar, the main sweeper. It's not very hard to get a Curse up, however, it's basicly GG when it does late game. The reason for that is once I take out any statusers that can potentially screw Tyranitar over, it can begin its sweep.

The choice of Tyranitar actually went through several other choices as a sweeper, however, a Sandstorm hasn't really effected my team much, heck, it's even helped my team win a few battles. Canceling out my opponent's Leftovers or, weakening thier sweeper down, ready to be picked off is crucial.

The set is a bit off the usual CurseTar set. The EVs were even adjusted so I could OHKO Tangrowth with Fire Blast after the turn the SandStorm hits. Earthquake and Stone Edge hit all and when combined with Fire Blast, it's able to blow away so many things. Now, setting up more than one Curse is a bit easier wihen my opponent sends out something that fails to 2-3KO Tyranitar. If more than one Curse is setup, Tyranitar is virtually unstoppable.

Starmie @Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
    Ability: Natural Cure

Rapid Spin
    Ice Beam
    Reflect
    Recover

Starmie would be one of the choices that I would choose if Moltres uses U-Turn on the opposing lead. It mostly comes in on Hippowdon and blows away any Stealth Rock it tries to setup. If there's no Stealth Rock being setup, I can easily take it down with Ice Beam.

The choice of Starmie was hard. I had a nice amount of Spinners to choose from and they all would fit in this place pretty nicely. However, I thought about a few things that Moltres brings to the table as a lead- The ability to take out almost any Pursuiter that want Starmie dead. So, Starmie was the only Spinner with a reliable recoverly move and that can provide to be useful, even when I have a tough time switching in.

The set is an average Reflect set, however, I swaped Surf for Ice Beam to counter dragons easier. With Reflect support, Starmie is actually a nice addition to my team.

Lopunny @Leftovers
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 216 Spe / 40 SpD
    Ability: Cute Charm

Baton Pass
    Encore
    Substitute
    Focus Punch

Sigh*, one month of using this Lopunny and I still love it. As always, Lopunny provides the setup for Tyranitar- my main sweeper.

The choice has remained the same, always. Lopunny is my favorite Pokemon and is one of the few UU to get Encore and Baton Pass as well as a respectable base 105 speed. Lopunny can take a lot of hits and no one has really taken note of that :/. I mainly use Lopunny for setup and screwing over my opponent's sweeper if it tries to get greedy when it sees that my Lopunny is carring Leftovers which is a sign of no Switcheroo. I also use Lopunny on walls or sponges with healing moves and Baton Passers.

The set has remained the same as I've kept it, Encore, Sub for scouting and Baton Pass in case I see a nice oppoutunity to get something in safe or Pass a Sub.

Jirachi @Choice Specs
    Timid Natue
    EVs: 140 SpA / 116 SpD / 104 HP / 148 Spe
    Ability: Serene Grace

Psychic
    Hidden Power Fire
    Thunderbolt
    Grass Knot

The clean up. Jirachi has served as just that for soooo long. It's so unexpected, carrying Choice Specs and a Timid Nature.

The choice came down to 4 categories- Speed, Durability, Power and coverage. Jirachi had them all and was the only one with the typing good enough to be able to switch in easily and KO something that 's weakened.

The moveset is all about coverage. Psychic for STAB, Grass Knot and Thunderbolt hit many OU leads such as Gyarados, Mamoswine and Hippowdon and can OHKO them all. With Moltres being able to Wisp all of them, Jirachi has no problem switching in. Hidden Power fire covers Scizor and Metagross.

Breloom @Toxic Orb
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    Ability: Poison Heal

Protect
    Mach Punch
    Spore
    Leech Seed

Breloom, that average mushroom. Many expect what it'll do since it doesn't have many options. It's there for support, mostly.

The last slot was a blank shot. I had no idea what to put here, however, after a recent battle I realized that I'm Blissey weak (I managed to outstall it and bearly win 1-0). So, I realized that Breloom as nice enough typing and the ability to switch in on Blissey and scout to see if it's running Ice Beam or not.

The moveset is identical to the Anti-Lead set, however, I added Leech Seed to better support my team later in the game.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Why WoW on a choiced Pokemon? (Moltres.) Anyway, I can't really spot anything else. *Cough.*

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    yea maybe switch out WoW for flamethrower, so if you dont have to drop your SpA then why use it?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Just because W-o-W is on a choice Pocket Monster, does not render it useless. :l It's called hit and run people. If he lands it on a proper offensive threat, they have to switch out too, thus, he's at an advantage. I say keep W-o-W it can really help you out messing up an opponent to get things rolling in your favor. Kudos for Moltres usage too.

Interesting team, mainly Choice Specs Jirachi and Ttar catching my eye. (Jirachi) I've tried it some before surprisingly, not much though. Always found calm mind better. XD I wonder... how well does it work for you? o.o Hmm, I'd probably use Focus Punch over Mach, but that's just me. Since they're asleep, mine as well hit as hard as possible, though you need some priority, so it's fine. I really like this offensive team by the way, molding sets to support others. (b' ')b I'm half awake so I can't fully stop by, but good luck with everything~

mystikal42012

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009
    I think Loom shuld lead.
    Try HP Ice, Ground or Grass over WoW.
    Nice and interesting T-tar.
    Other than that it seems like a great and very annoying team with that Lopunny.

Back