• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT: Platinum OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
Years
  • Finally found a team that's been bringing me some degree of success. The lineup:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
    Naive
    4 ATK/252 SPATK/252 SPD
    Stealth Rock
    Fire Blast
    Psychic
    Explosion

The standard Suicide Lead. Sets up stealth rock, deals some hits when I need it to, and when I don't need him anymore, BOOM!

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Modest
    248 HP/56 SPATK/204 SPDEF
    Lava Plume
    Earth Power
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    A great tank, a great status absorber, and a decent attacker--Heatran's the man. Besides taking hits and status for my team, he's also my check against Scizor and switch-in against Bronzong.

Machamp @ Choice Band
    Guts
    128 HP/252 ATK/128 SPD
    Payback
    Thunderpunch
    Ice Punch
    Close Combat

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
    Timid
    4 HP/252 SPATK/252 SPD
    Hidden Power [Ice]
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    My main revenge killer; the amount of standard threats he can kill is just staggering. He can outspeed DDTar even after 2 Dragon Dances, and Mence and Gyara after one.

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Naive
    24 ATK/252 SPATK/232 SPD
    Close Combat
    Nasty Plot
    Grass Knot
    Flamethrower
    Mixed sweeper, wall breaker, standard NP Mixape... He eliminates the big walls that stand in the way of one last Pokemon I'll send in, at the end of the battle...

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 ATK/4 DEF/252 SPD
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Fang
    Stone Edge
    Waterfall
    And every single damn thing the rest of my team does is just so Gyara can sweep whatever's left. Gyara's an absolute beast. Anyways, 252 SPD is to outspeed Skymin after a Dragon Dance, and the 4 DEF is so Stealth Rock/Sandstorm damage round down.

rateplz. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated (provided you know what you're talking about).

Last edited:

Legacy Raider

Motion Blur...
    Years
  • Maybe change Focus Blast on Gengar for Trick, Destiny Bond or Explosion. FB isnt the most reliable of attacks, especially when you're locked into it.

Earthquake over Ice Fang would give Gyarados considerably more power and coverage.

Otherwise great team, well done.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • Maybe change Focus Blast on Gengar for Trick, Destiny Bond or Explosion. FB isnt the most reliable of attacks, especially when you're locked into it.

Earthquake over Ice Fang would give Gyarados considerably more power and coverage.

Otherwise great team, well done.
    With Earthquake over Ice Fang, I'm walled by Celebi. And Focus Blast is necessary to revenge kill things like TTar, Tauros, Ambipom, etc.

Either way, thanks for the suggestions.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Finally found a team that's been bringing me some degree of success. The lineup:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
    Naive
    4 ATK/252 SPATK/252 SPD
    Stealth Rock
    Fire Blast
    Psychic
    Explosion

The standard Suicide Lead. Sets up stealth rock, deals some hits when I need it to, and when I don't need him anymore, BOOM!
    Pretty nice, consider Taunt on here somehwere if you want to stop other SR suiciders. Just an opinion.

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Modest
    248 HP/56 SPATK/204 SPDEF
    Lava Plume
    Earth Power
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    A great tank, a great status absorber, and a decent attacker--Heatran's the man. Besides taking hits and status for my team, he's also my check against Scizor and switch-in against Bronzong.
    Kudos for using this. Everyone uses Scarftran these days. T_T. NO ORIGINALITY= FAIL.

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD
    Earthquake
    Ice Shard
    Stone Edge
    Superpower
    This thing's just beastly. He deals with Zapdos (who would otherwise give me one helluva lot of trouble) and can revenge kill Skymin and dragons. He also helps soft the opponent's defenses up.
    KK

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
    Timid
    4 HP/252 SPATK/252 SPD
    Hidden Power [Ice]
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    My main revenge killer; the amount of standard threats he can kill is just staggering. He can outspeed DDTar even after 2 Dragon Dances, and Mence and Gyara after one.
    STANDARD

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Naive
    24 ATK/252 SPATK/232 SPD
    Close Combat
    Nasty Plot
    Grass Knot
    Flamethrower
    Mixed sweeper, wall breaker, standard NP Mixape... He eliminates the big walls that stand in the way of one last Pokemon I'll send in, at the end of the battle...
    MK.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 ATK/4 DEF/252 SPD
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Fang
    Stone Edge
    Waterfall
    And every single damn thing the rest of my team does is just so Gyara can sweep whatever's left. Gyara's an absolute beast. Anyways, 252 SPD is to outspeed Skymin after a Dragon Dance, and the 4 DEF is so Stealth Rock/Sandstorm damage round down.
    KK

rateplz. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated (provided you know what you're talking about).

Pretty nice team. No glaring weaknesses stare out at me.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I don't see the point of Superpower on Mamoswine besides doing more to Bronzong, and really even if it does it's still not as valuable as something like Ice Fang, which is necessary for beating Celebi and Hippowdon (and a more reliable shot at hurting Zapdos given Stone Edge's poor accuracy and PP). Even Blizzard would be preferable to beat Hippowdon and Skarmory. I don't see the merit in Superpower since it's really only useful for one pokemon, and it isn't even going to 2HKO it.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • You had better hope Gengar's Focus Blast hits, or else DDTar > this team. With a Life Orb, it OHKOs every single thing on this team (Mamo is OHKO'd by a +1 Stone Edge with Life Orb, and without LO, it has a 67% chance to die on an SR switch-in. I should also mention it outpaces everything else on your team after a DD as well. Luckily for you, it can't find a lot to set up on except for Ice Shard from Mamo.

So yeah...just watch out for it. That's all I see for a weakness though.

DarkTyphlosion157

All-Mighty Idiot
    Years
  • Heatran isn't a brillinat Scizor check, many do run Superpower, add to the fact not much else is useful against it and meh.

Superpower on Mamoswine is overrated to be honest, Ice Fang or another Ice attack would be better to be honest.

Don't see a Gyarados counter in this team. Revenge killer, sure, but counter, no.

Oh yeah, and Taunt leads aren't as useful now that DeoxysS was tossed back in ubers. Those idiots at Smogon can never make their minds up.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Heatran isn't a brillinat Scizor check, many do run Superpower, add to the fact not much else is useful against it and meh.

Superpower on Mamoswine is overrated to be honest, Ice Fang or another Ice attack would be better to be honest.

Don't see a Gyarados counter in this team. Revenge killer, sure, but counter, no.

Oh yeah, and Taunt leads aren't as useful now that DeoxysS was tossed back in ubers. Those idiots at Smogon can never make their minds up.

The only real thing that a Gyara can come in on and set up is heatran. Maybe a CC from ape. but after a quick NP, Grass Knot does quite a sum to even bulkyGyara.

and even if he takes a fall to Gyara, ScarfGengar is made to come in and Revenge his ass with a speed that out paces +2 reguardless.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Tyranitar @ CB
    - Stone Edge

>> you

Thats it..it doesnt even NEED the rest of its moveslots.

The usefulness of Mamoswine is questionable this metagame since so much stuff eats it and Gengar already revenge dragons and skymin. Additionally Mamo is a really bad Zappy counter since Heat Wave rips it a new one.

So something like..well CB Lucario or CB Machamp would be so much more useful >> Swine serving as a Tar check.

For your zappy problem, something like Expert Belt (Ice Beam/Stone Edge/Fire Blast/Crunch) Mixtar >> Mixape possibly ? Or you could use*Gasp*vire aaaaa.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Alright. Given you guys's advice, I've...

replaced CBMamo with CBMachamp

What's the EV spread for MixTar, D_A?

252 Atk / 232 SpA / 24 Spe @brave

Although i run 216 att / 96 sp.att / 196 speed @ Naughty/Lonely for a faster spread, so its up to you...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back