• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT: Sandstorm OU Team for Platinum

KodiakBlackout

Espionage Expert
    Years
    Please give your input on this team, I take your opinions into serious consideration for the development of my teams.

Here it is then. (Changes in BOLD)

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
    Pressure
    Jolly
    4HP/252Atk/252Spe
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Stone Edge
    - EQ

Typical suicide lead. Will Taunt first turn, then SR. Focus Sash to ensure SR being set up. Once its job is done, it isn't needed around much, so will EQ or Stone Edge and try to take an opponent down with it.

Forretress @ Shed Shell
    Sturdy
    Relaxed
    252HP/128Def/128SpDef
    - Gyro Ball
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin

Provides RS support and Spikes support. Switches in to Spin, and can escape again if needed. Shed Shell to prevent Magnezone trapping him. Will wall opponents and set up Spikes + Toxic Spikes for maximum effect. Gyro Ball needs a low speed, so Relaxed + 0EVs and a low Speed IV is necessary.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Sand Stream
    Jolly
    4HP/252Atk/252Spe
    - Dragon Dance
    - EQ
    - Taunt
    - Stone Edge / Crunch

DD sweeper Tyranitar. Will find a point to DD, and hopefully Taunt to stop Whirlwind/Roar/Haze attempts. Crunch for powerful STAB, and the coverage of Ghosts and Psychics, which is lacking in the rest of the team.

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Clear Body
    Adamant
    4HP/252Atk/252Spe
    - EQ
    - Agility
    - Meteor Mash
    - ThunderPunch

AgiltyGross. Will find a spare turn later on in the game and use Agility to outspeed threats. Moves provide great power and coverage. Carries ThunderPunch over anyting else for Skarmory, and Gyarados, and other threats otherwise uncovered. Could go with Life Orb for the item, for the extra power it will bring.

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Torrent
    Relaxed
    252HP/196Def/60SAtk
    - EQ
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Toxic/Roar

MixPert. Provides a way of weakening the opponent, and walling Electric types and various others. Last slot is a toss up, either to weaken tough opponents (Zapdos) or to force them out, along with set up sweepers amongst other troublesome things.

Gengar @ Life Orb
    Levitate
    Modest
    4HP/252SAtk/252Spe
    - Focus Blast
    - TBolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Will O Wisp

This Gengar has been considered for the team as a Rapid Spin wall primarily, to block attempts to remove the entry hazards that have taken half of the match to set up. Aside from the RS Wall duties, he can act as a Sweeper later on, if needed.

I considered a few other options, such as a Bronzong Wall, Hippowdon Wall, Gliscor Wall and Scizor Sweeper etc. These slots have been filled by other members, however (eg Hippowdon's SS support coming from Tyranitar, other members with Walling properties, and enough Physical sweepers)

So please give your input, and i will read and respond to all (for clarification if nothing else).

Thanks guysss :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Please give your input on this team, I take your opinions into serious consideration for the development of my teams.

Here it is then. (Changes in BOLD)

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
    Pressure
    Jolly
    4HP/252Atk/252Spe
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Stone Edge
    - EQ

Ok, i guess.

Forretress @ Shed Shell / Leftovers
    Sturdy
    Relaxed
    252HP/252 sp.def /6 def
    - Payback
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin

The new standard for Forry and it is by far its best set. Having used Forry multiple times on my stall teams Magnezone really isnt much of a problem if you scout for it and Forry is one of those pokemon who NEEDS Leftovers recovery. Def evs are pointless as they only increase forrys defensive ability by 19%, however max sp.def increases its sp.def ability by 42%, which is huge. This lets you switch into things like Swampert, Latias etc and spin MUCH easier. Payback is pretty much a given, it OHKO's Gengar, 2hko's most Latias and 2hko's offensive Rotoms with SR up and 3HKO's defensive versions.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Sand Stream
    Jolly
    4HP/252Atk/252Spe
    - Dragon Dance
    - Aqua Tail
    - Stone Edge

- Crunch

Honestly Phazers cant touch DDTar like at all.

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Clear Body
    Adamant
    4HP/252Atk/252Spe
    - EQ
    - Agility
    - Meteor Mash
    - ThunderPunch / Zen Headbutt.

I think max speed is redundant, what does max speed accomplish ? Id just use the standard evs. Consider Zen Headbutt, its biggest counters aka Swampert, Rotom and Zapdos DO NOT like switching into it and you still maintain alot of neutral coverage.

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Torrent
    Relaxed
    252HP/196Def/60SAtk
    - EQ
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Toxic/Roar

Sure.

Gengar @ Life Orb
    Levitate
    Timid
    4HP/252SAtk/252Spe
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power Fire
    - Shadow Ball
    - Will O Wisp

Will-O-wisp so you can hit the omnipresent Scizor and other steels. HP Fire ensures you can OHKO sp.def Payback forry.

Comments in bold.

If Gyarados, Salamence Kingdra or Tyranitar get in a Dragon Dance you lose, Mixmence hurts you badly and so does Starmie and Offensive Suicune Scizor eats you alive, all versions. The reason for this is lack of revenge killing abilities and lack of checks to common pokemon.

I urge you to take a look at our stickied threads to help cover threats more sufficiently.

KodiakBlackout

Espionage Expert
    Years
    Okay thanks for those comments, i will edit my plans accordingly :)
    Also if anyone has any ideas for Pokemon i can substitute into the team in place of another, I would love to see them.
    Much appreciated.

EDIT: Would a Scizor of some sort cover the Revenge kill position?
    Possibly with a Choice Scarf..

Last edited:

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    If you want to use Scizor, then Choice Scarf is a big no no. Choice Band is 10000% better. Why? It has Technician Bullet Punch to revenge a ton of threats, and other threats are met with a CB STAB U-Turn/Superpower.

I honestly don't see too much issues with Stealth Rock hurting you here. You have nobody weak to it, and in fact, a 3rd of your team resists it. Rapid Spin probably won't be a necessity, so it is changeable.

New style of MixMence (Draco Meteor/Outrage/EQ) really slams you apart with nothing to put it in check, although SR/SS will wear it down after 3 switch-ins, unless it carries Roost of course.

You have a good start, but it needs defense against swift Pokemon, which outpace most of your team. Again, Scizor is a good candidate as a revenge killer with CB Bullet Punch, or you can opt for a random scarfer on your team to check many threats.

KodiakBlackout

Espionage Expert
    Years
    If you want to use Scizor, then Choice Scarf is a big no no. Choice Band is 10000% better. Why? It has Technician Bullet Punch to revenge a ton of threats, and other threats are met with a CB STAB U-Turn/Superpower.

I honestly don't see too much issues with Stealth Rock hurting you here. You have nobody weak to it, and in fact, a 3rd of your team resists it. Rapid Spin probably won't be a necessity, so it is changeable.

New style of MixMence (Draco Meteor/Outrage/EQ) really slams you apart with nothing to put it in check, although SR/SS will wear it down after 3 switch-ins, unless it carries Roost of course.

You have a good start, but it needs defense against swift Pokemon, which outpace most of your team. Again, Scizor is a good candidate as a revenge killer with CB Bullet Punch, or you can opt for a random scarfer on your team to check many threats.

Okay so who shall i switch out for Scizor?

A Scizor like this maybe;
    @ Adamant @ Life Orb @ Technician
    4HP/252Atk/252Spd
    Bullet Punch
    Brick Break
    Roost/U-Turn/Swords Dance
    Roost/U-Turn/Swords Dance

And how can i deal with Salamence? Swampert clearly isn't fast enough, any suggestions?

What about the substitute for Rapid Spin on Forretress? Gyro Ball? Earthquake for Magnezone? Explosion?

Back