• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT: Shoddy Team

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
Years
  • Really old team I made during the Smogon tutoring program, I decided to submit it for rating =DD

Team at a glance:
    dpmfa248.png
    386E.png
    dpffa227.png
    dpffa134.png
    dpmfa445.png
    dpmfa130.png

dpmfa248.png

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP/42 Atk/216 SDef
    Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Pursuit
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

The specially defensive Tyranitar spread. Lately I have had problems leading with this due to the immense number of leads who counter, status or wall me. Any suggestions for a better lead would be appreciated.

386E.png

Deoxys-e @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 108 Atk/148 Spd/252 SAtk
    Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Superpower

LO Deoxys-E makes a great revenge killer, outspeeding many pokemon. 148 speed is for Modest ScarfGar and +natured 95 or below speed. I'm reluctant to add in more speed taking out of attack to outspeed Jolly ScarfChomp due to the need to 2HKO Blissey.
    LO recoil also adds up in a Sandstorm, potentially hindering my chances to sweep. I have considered Expert Belt over LO, but it decreases the damage I would do.

I don't know why this isn't Uber to be honest. This completely rapes offensive teams =D

dpffa227.png

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Keen Eye
    EVs: 252 HP/88 Atk/156 Def/12 Spd
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Whirlwind
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost
    - Stealth Rock

Physical wall and phazer, also spikes up the field at its leisure.
    One thing I have encountered with Skarm is that it can't wall neutral physical hits well, mainly STAB Close Combats. I tried out Gliscor but Phazing support seemed invaluable in the long run.

dpffa134.png

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 SAtk
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power [Electric]
    - Ice Beam

Wishpasser and Gyara counter. I mainly wishpass to Tyranitar, or depending on the situation an appropriate wall.

dpmfa445.png

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang

Garchomp fit in well with this team, providing fast sweeping and poses a huge threat to teams. The rest of my team sans Deoxys-E is kinda slow, and as I typically bring D-E out lategame, Garchomp provides a fast and efficient method to weaken the foe's team.

dpmfa130.png

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 212 HP/56 Atk/136 Def/104 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Status absorber and physical tank. This is my first switchin to Hera and other stuff. I might consider leading with it.
    Stealth Rock hinders Gyarados' walling capabilities however.

Problems I faced with this team:

• Lack of Special Walling
    • Skarmory and Gyarados being inadequate for physical walling
    • Tyranitar isn't a good matchup against most leads except Azelf
    • Toxic really rapes this team
    All comments and suggestions are appreciated.

I might post the stuff the raters at Smogon suggested.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • Team looks okay... apart from -
    No rapid spinner, taking SR damage and also spikes/toxic spikes 4/6 of your team. =/

EDIT:
    Lucario - SD, CC, SE and extreme-speed takes this team apart, apart from garchomp. ;) or Gyarados, depends how much it takes from SwordsDance SE.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2009
    The team over all looks pretty good. I would replace vaporeon for wish pass blissey(srry for being so standard but your lack of a special wall is really filled by blissey) i would also replace gyrados for rapid spin forretress. you could also use him to lay down some spikes stealth rocks etc. of your own.

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
  • That Gyara makes a great lead being able to receive status.. I've used it with success.

As for TTar, I'm not sure how Earthquake really functions in there. Sure it's a great move and all that, but personally I haven't needed it much because Stone Edge was already hitting extremely hard.. and getting locked on a ground move, isn't that great. Perhaps try Fire Punch or Flamethrower for pokes like Scizor or Forretress who aren't usually afraid of switching in and start setting up Toxic Spikes / Swords Dance which your team can't handle at all..

Skarmory doesn't look so appealing in this team, although I have nothing to suggest in its place.

Aquilae

Years
  • Wishpass Blissey would not cover Mixape and Gyarados, Mixape might be handled by Gyarados but it is shaky considering how Mixape does it in with NP Grass Knot, as well as my reliance on Gyarados to counter a lot of threats like Heracross.

Enemy Gyarados could be handled by Deoxys-E but it would wear it down quickly considering Deoxys-E is easily walled. 95% of people leave their Gyarados on Vaporeon to get HP Electriced to death, Vaporeon also can accomplish stuff during the free turns it gets.

Forry doesn't stop Lucario and Heracross.

---

Syaoran, by my experience Gyara doesn't really lure sleep in =( A lot of the common sleepers will either switch out for fear of Taunt (too slow), or pack an SE move to down Gyara like in the case of Gengar.

I've tried out other walls like Hippowdon and Forretress over Skarm, the main thing that irked me was the lack of recovery in Forry's case, and Hippowdon doesn't stop Yanmega who I have found is a major threat to this team.

I'll be looking into your suggestion of replacing Earthquake, with possibly Ice Beam or HP Grass, for Gliscor and Forry respectively. I doubt FT/Fire Punch would help much, Forry/Scizor are 2HKOed by Max Attack CBtar, so I doubt that they would be going to switchin.

I think that Gliscor may be a better fit over Gyarados, for a more reliable counter to Hera and Luke. The problem is, I lose a sleep absorber which might be detrimental to the synergy of this team.

Through my experiences with this team I found that Bulky Waters like Suicune hurt a lot. Any suggestions?

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    Yes, replace Vaporeon for a WishBliss.

IMO, you have plenty of Bulky Pokemon and few walls. Also, you have Physical power overkill.....

My suggestions? If Tar isn't good.....then don't use it. Lead with Gyara and replace Tar with a wall - if you're keeping Vaporeon, mae it a special wall. Otherwise, make it a Physical or Mixed Wall. Skarm needs more defense than that, too.

On Deoxys, Psychic doesn't do much. Psychic is a bad coverage type, and the only reason you would want to use that horrible attack typing would be for extreme power. Go Psycho Boost instead.

Oh, and, about your Mixape issue, Deoxys can switch in on CC with no problem and kill it.

Should you go Gliscor, then lead with Chomp. I dunno, if you want even more speed, Scarf it.

Aquilae

Years
  • >_>

What does the Bulky Pokemon and Walls have to do with anything?

Almost all my teams nowadays do not have a special sweeper, I found that Vaporeon/DeoE can handle all the physical walls decently 2HKOing them.

Please read the comments on Gyarados leading, I think I have made it clear back there that Gyarados isn't a good lead, Tar would be better at leading than it.

I think I've said in countless Deoxys discussions about why Psycho Boost sucks. Psychic gives a STAB to hit neutral on many things, and also OHKOing Gengar and Fighting pokemon. In contrast Psycho Boost gives a reduction to the special attack power of Deoxys which is contrary to what I am hoping to achieve with Deoxys- clean up lategame.

Deoxys isn't even supposed to switch in on CC, the health of Deoxys needs to be kept in optimal health in order to clean up effectively lategame, not to mention Deoxys lacks a recovery move and it would be worn down quickly.

ScarfChomp and YacheSDChomp are completely different things, ScarfChomp lacks the necessary power to carry out a sweep.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    If anybody's been following recent events on Shoddy, you can't get WishBliss anymore. I'm not actually sure on all the details, but apparently there's inaddequate information on which IVs and natures are possible. I was surprised too.

Shed Shell > Leftovers on Skarmory to avoid being Magnepwned. But you're looking for a Spinner, so you could always pack Forretress instead. Sure, it lacks recovery, but that's what you have Vaporeon for.

Back