• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

/RMT.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
  • Yeah, so this is the team that I've been training for a while. It hasn't seen much action (read: none), but I think it's alright. Of course, I actually have no idea, so I could use some help. Onto the team!

NOTE: This is a WiFi team, so a number of Legendaries will be very difficult for me to obtain. Feel free to suggest them anyway, however.

Porygon-Z@ Choice Scarf
    Modest
    252 SAtk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
    -Tri-Attack
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Dark Pulse

Lead. Raises hell when he can get a hit in.

Metagross@ Choice Band
    Adamant
    252 HP/ 236 Atk/ 20 Def
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake
    -Explosion/ Thunderpunch
    -Bullet Punch

This guy hasn't actually been bred yet, so I have no idea how to really use him. Bullet Punch for priority. I'm not completely sure I want Explosion on this guy, so I may want to replace it with Thunderpunch. But I honestly have no idea.

Infernape@ Life Orb
    Naive
    24 Atk/ 252 SAtk/ 232 Spd
    -Flamethrower
    -Close Combat
    -Grass Knot
    -Nasty Plot

Mixape. Very powerful, especially when he can get a Nasty Plot in.

Dusknoir@ Leftovers
    Careful
    252 HP/ 76 Def/ 180 SDef
    -Thunderpunch
    -Shadow Sneak/ Fire Punch
    -Will-o'-Wisp
    -Pain Split

Excellent wall. I may replace SS with Fire Punch, since I now have Metagross to cover my priority move niche with Bullet Punch. However, I still don't know.

Slowbro@ Leftovers
    Bold
    212 HP/ 252 Def/ 44 SAtk
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam/ Grass Knot
    -Calm Mind
    -Slack Off

I love this guy, but I'm not sure if I should replace Ice Beam with Grass Knot. I think I may keep Ice Beam, if only as a way to deal with Dragons (namely Garchomp).

Blissey@ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SDef
    -Seismic Toss
    -Thunder Wave/ Ice Beam
    -Softboiled
    -Aromatherapy

The fat pink whore. She was a huge pain to get (trade over Roselia to Emerald for Aromatherapy using 2 GBAs and a link cable, breed >9000 eggs for a half-decent one with a 20 HP IV, then rack up enough BP to teach her Seismic Toss and Thunder Wave), but I think it was worth it. Currently, she's just a placeholder, as I dislike using her a bit, but she certainly fits the role well. After a recent stall war with my friend's Dusknoir, I'm a bit inclined to replace Thunder Wave with Ice Beam just to be able to do something to enemies. However, I'm not sure if I want to jump the gun just yet.

That's my team, and yes, I know it doesn't match the card in my sig. I'll fix the sig up when I reinstall Photoshop, and when I feel like it. So, rate!

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Yeah, so this is the team that I've been training for a while. It hasn't seen much action (read: none), but I think it's alright. Of course, I actually have no idea, so I could use some help. Onto the team!

NOTE: This is a WiFi team, so a number of Legendaries will be very difficult for me to obtain. Feel free to suggest them anyway, however.

Porygon-Z@ Choice Scarf
    Modest
    252 SAtk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
    -Tri-Attack
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Dark Pulse

Yay, Pory Z as a lead. Set's Fine :)

Metagross@ Choice Band
    Adamant
    252 HP/ 200 Atk/ 56 Def
    -Meteor Mash/Thunderpunch
    -Earthquake
    -Explosion
    -Bullet Punch

This guy hasn't actually been bred yet, so I have no idea how to really use him. Bullet Punch for priority. I'm not completely sure I want Explosion on this guy, so I may want to replace it with Thunderpunch. But I honestly have no idea.
    More defence please, he already kills well enough with CB. Explosion stays, consider losing MM due to its lack of coverage, it only really has STAB going for it. Good set otherwise

Infernape@ Life Orb
    Naive
    -Flamethrower
    -Close Combat
    -Grass Knot
    -Nasty Plot

I personally don't like the stupid monkey, but this looks like it should

Dusknoir@ Leftovers
    Careful
    252 HP/ 76 Def/ 180 SDef
    -Thunderpunch
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Will-o'-Wisp
    -Pain Split

Excellent wall. I may replace SS with Fire Punch, since I now have Metagross to cover my priority move niche with Bullet Punch. However, I still don't know.
    Yay, someone actually using pain split. Definately Sneak, priority+STAB make it just as effective as fire punch.

Slowbro@ Leftovers
    Bold
    212 HP/ 252 Def/ 44 SAtk
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam/ Grass Knot
    -Calm Mind
    -Slack Off

I love this guy, but I'm not sure if I should replace Ice Beam with Grass Knot. I think I may keep Ice Beam, if only as a way to deal with Dragons (namely Garchomp).
    I've never used, so ill smile and nod :)

Blissey@ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SDef
    -Seismic Toss
    -Thunder Wave/ Ice Beam
    -Softboiled
    -Aromatherapy

The fat pink whore.
    Lol
    She was a huge pain to get (trade over Roselia to Emerald for Aromatherapy using 2 GBAs and a link cable, breed >9000 eggs for a half-decent one with a 20 HP IV, then rack up enough BP to teach her Seismic Toss and Thunder Wave), but I think it was worth it. Currently, she's just a placeholder, as I dislike using her a bit, but she certainly fits the role well. After a recent stall war with my friend's Dusknoir, I'm a bit inclined to replace Thunder Wave with Ice Beam just to be able to do something to enemies. However, I'm not sure if I want to jump the gun just yet.

That's my team, and yes, I know it doesn't match the card in my sig. I'll fix the sig up when I reinstall Photoshop, and when I feel like it. So, rate!

Changes in bold. There arent many cuz this looks fine to me. Just some minor adjstments :)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Yeah, so this is the team that I've been training for a while. It hasn't seen much action (read: none), but I think it's alright. Of course, I actually have no idea, so I could use some help. Onto the team!

Porygon-Z@ Choice Scarf
    Modest
    252 SAtk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
    -Tri-Attack
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Dark Pulse

Much better with Nasty Plot or choice specs but sure.

Metagross@ Choice Band
    Adamant
    252 HP/ 236 Atk/ 20 Def
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake
    -Explosion
    -Thunderpunch

I tried Bullet Punch once and it isn't worth it at all. thunderpunch will DESTROY Skarmory and most waters and explosion is the perfect finishing move...basically CBgross needs both.

Infernape@ Life Orb
    Naive
    -Flamethrower
    -Close Combat
    -Grass Knot
    -Nasty Plot

I don't really like Mixape but sure.

Dusknoir@ Leftovers
    Careful
    252 HP/ 76 Def/ 180 SDef
    -Fire Punch
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Will-o'-Wisp
    -Pain Split

I don't see how dusknoir needs Thunderpunch when you already massacre Gyarados and most waters anyways.

Slowbro@ Leftovers
    Bold
    212 HP/ 252 Def/ 44 SAtk
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam/ Grass Knot
    -Calm Mind
    -Slack Off

Might as well keep Ice Beam.

Blissey@ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SDef
    -Seismic Toss
    -Thunder Wave / Toxic
    -Softboiled
    -Aromatherapy

Thunder Wave is more useful. Toxic is fun to kill bulky grounds and crap. Oh, SDchomp and stuff like that that will try to come in on you lose their ability to sweep with Toxic.

The fat pink whore. She was a huge pain to get (trade over Roselia to Emerald for Aromatherapy using 2 GBAs and a link cable, breed >9000 eggs for a half-decent one with a 20 HP IV, then rack up enough BP to teach her Seismic Toss and Thunder Wave), but I think it was worth it. Currently, she's just a placeholder, as I dislike using her a bit, but she certainly fits the role well. After a recent stall war with my friend's Dusknoir, I'm a bit inclined to replace Thunder Wave with Ice Beam just to be able to do something to enemies. However, I'm not sure if I want to jump the gun just yet.

Toxic Blissey is so cool it isn't even funny.

One of the few teams that doesn't get totally slaughtered by Physical Infernape but mixed is a problem.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • I did some testing with this team on Shoddy. After a lot of losses (which I'll attribute to being extremely rusty), I found some sort of groove, and the following changes have been implemented:

- I may change my lead. Scarf Z just isn't as powerful as I'd like. Any suggestions? Azelf, maybe, as I could use someone to switch in on EQ.
    - Metagross gets Thunderpunch. Bullet Punch just isn't very useful on a CB set. It helps quite a bit, since Meta was originally included to help my blatant Yanmega weak.
    - Meta's EVs are now what Gofre suggested.
    - Nape stays. Seriously.
    - T-Punch changed for Fire Punch on Dusknoir. It helps to kill Lucario and other Steels.
    - I may switch Slowbro out for a different wall. He's an awesome Garchomp counter (takes ~20% from an EQ), but he's weak to too many other things to safely switch into other threats (like Weavile). Suggestions?
    - Toxic Blissey sounds like fun. I'm trying that.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Toxic Blissey is really fun and will beat anything without rest (and stels/weezing)

Yuck, CBgross wants max attack. It doesn't need max HP anyways.

As for Porygon-Z it'll be a lot better with Nasty Plot but if you'd rather just not use it there's always Life Orb or Nasty Plot Azelf as well as Raikou.

Considering this is WiFi though and Raikou is a no-no I'm going to say Calm Mind Alakazam with Recover.

It seems really novelty but it DOES work.

Alakazam @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk <--as in I don't remember
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Fighting] / Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover

Will outstall every kind of Blissey there is. Be wary of Weavile.

Seriously it's a pretty decent set. you can also run a mock of CM Raikou but that's just kind of no.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Life Orb Azelf sounds really good, I think. If I put him in, though, that means no Boltbeaming, so I'd need to put someone else in. Any ideas? Note that I still could use a replacement for Slowbro.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • Specs-Z is the strongest special sweeper I've ever used. I lurves him. But if you want a Chomp counter physical wall, your best bet IS Slowbro, he's amazerific at it. Others could be Donphan can do it with Ice Shard, but he;s more tankish.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Donphan is also good to take out those speedy Focus Sash users (w/ Ice Shard of course)... Especially since you don't have the weather or spikes/stealth rock to take care of them

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • It does seem to fit, since along with that, Donphan can rapid spin, which your team doesn;t really need, but still helpful.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Honestly I don't really like donphan anymore. I've found the only reason I use it is for Rapid spin.

If you want a wall with a priority move to screw sashers dusknoir is the man. considering you have that already...hehe

Physical Infernape falls to swampert which is my favorite lead in DP and one of the best. I'd try it out maybe over Slowbro if that floats your boat.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Alright, I've been battling a bit more lately, and I've decided that Slowbro is too awesome to ditch. However, the more I battle, the more annoyed I get at Porygon-Z's weakness. I think I'll run a Specs-Z build. However, my current Z is Modest- should I stick with that, or rebreed for Timid?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Honestly Timid Specs-Z is outclassed by Modest anyways so that'll work in your favor.

now you know why I always say Scarf Porygon-Z is inferior :P

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Funny you should mention Swampert. I had a battle with a friend the other day. My Dusknoir was easily able to kill Swampert, his last Pokemon (during a Sandstorm). WoW + repeated Shadow Sneaks = eventual death.

Back