• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT

ShadowAzelf

Lopunny Lova
    Years
    Alakazam @Focus Sash
    Hasty Nature
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP

-Psychic
    -HP Ice
    -Encore
    -Counter

This is still my starter, why? Because, it works so well. HP Ice takes out Mence leads when they try to kill off Kazam. Tyranitar leads cause Alakazam use a kamikaze strategy- Counter in the ST while Tyranitar Pursuits, once the Sash activates, Kazam will go down at the end of the turn.

Metagross @Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 32 SpA / 120 Spe / 104 Atk

-Grass Knot
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Polish

A new breed of AgiliGross. For some reason, Swampert and Hippowdon seem to get a free switch in whenever I have a RP under my belt. A minimum of 32 Special Attack EVs are needed to OHKO Pert and 2KO Hippo.

Jirachi @Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 240 HP / 56 Atk / 76 Def / 136 Spe

-U-Turn
    -Wish
    -Light Screen
    -Zen Headbutt

Eh, just the standard support Jirachi. Seeing as how I have a LO Metagross and Alakazam- who can still be useful after its Sash is gone- by healing their HP.

Shaymin @Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpA

-Leech Seed
    -Substitute
    -Seed Flare
    -HP Fire

The standard SubSeeder Shaymin, I could use Celebi, but, Shaymin is just my favorite pokemon. :D

Donphan @Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk

-Earthquake
    -Ice Shard
    -Rapid Spin
    -Roar

Basicly my spinner and Phazer. Standard set and EV Spread, so, there's nothing else to explain, really.

Mesprit @Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpA

-Ice Beam
    -Thunder Wave
    -Thunderbolt
    -U-Turn

Okay, I have no ground immunity or anything that can avoid Spikes/Toxic Spikes, so Mesprit will have do do.

Threat List:
    Azelf- Mesprit can cripple it and U-Turn into something that can finish it off.
    Breloom- Shaymin puts up a Sub, preventing Spore as well as scouting for Breloom's next move. It can hit back with HP Fire.
    Celebi- Shaymin's HP Fire puts a dent in it, Metagross can take it out with Meteor Mash.
    Dragonite- Honestly, this thing is too surprising, it's unknown what it'll do. Kazam can Encore any DDs and I can switch into Mesprit or Donphan.
    Dugtrio- Mesprit, Donphan, Shaymin and Alakazam can take it out.
    Electivire- For non- HP Ice variants, Donphan takes it out. Metagross should be able to take a LO EQ/Flamethrower, so, I can consider it a revenge killer. Other than that, I have no "solid" counter.
    Gallade- Shaymin absorbs status with Substitutes and it's only a matter of time unitl Seed Flare's Special Defense drop finally kicks in.
    Garchomp- No counter... yet. Alakazam (if its Sash han't been used up) can switch in and OHKO with HP Ice.
    Gengar- Jirachi for some reason can come in safely on Scarfed versions. Other than that, I have basicly no counter for it. ONly revenge kills with Kazam work.
    Gyarados- Mesprit's bulky ass gets in and says "**** you" to Gyara with Thunderbolt.
    Heatran- Metagross has to pray it can take a Fire Blast from it. Other than that, nothing.
    Heracross- Metagross... <.<. No ****. Kazam can also take it out with Psychic.
    Infernape- I can only revenge kill it. Damn monkey.
    Jirachi- Metagross and Shaymin can deliver the pain to it with their SE moves.
    Lucario- Meta can take whatever the (Pwnsome Brawling) puppy can dish out at it and hit back with Earthquake.
    Machamp- Barring a few Bulk Ups, Jirachi can take what it tosses at it and hax it to death with Zen Headbutt.
    Magnezone- Meta outspeeds and kills it.
    Metagross- Donphan hits it with Earthquake and takes a Meteor Mash like a man <.<.
    Porygon-Z- Metagross takes its Thunderbolts and Dark Pulses and OHKOs with Meteor Mash.
    Salamence- Read Alakazam's comments. Gyarados's comments, just switch Thunderbolt with Ice Beam.
    Togekiss- Metagross delivers the pain with Meteor Mash and Donphan takes it out with Ice Shard- which is a 4KO <.<. Okay, I have nothing that can take it out in one blow, avoiding a potential Thunder Wave.
    Tyranitar- Metagross/Meteor Mash, Mesprit/Thunder Wave + U-Turn, Donphan/Earthquake.
    Weavile- Who's the pokemon on my team who's neutral to all its attacks and can OHKO it easily?
    Zapdos-Mesprit cripples it and Beams that bird into its grave.

Last edited:

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Zam's set is way too gimmicky. Focus Sash just gets screwed by SS this gen. are you sure that's standard? 172 HP / 216 SPE / 120 SATK is the standard. Cario's set is good enough. i really wouldn't get rid of Torterra's other STAB move. It's pretty powerful. Anyway, w/o spikes, Roar isn't worth utilizing. Also, no cleric on this team...

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Trait: Steadfast
    EVs: 4 ATK / 252 SPE / 252 SPATK
    Rash Nature (+SPATTK, -SPDEF)
    - Close Combat
    - Aura Sphere
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Extremespeed / Bullet Punch / Crunch / Agility / Earthquake / Stone Edge. Just something to consider. i don't see why you need 24 attack, as this 2HKO's the pink whor-- erm... Blissey with 252 DEF / 40 HP / 216 SPDEF ; 31 DEF IV's ; and 31 HP IV's, which is more then enough imo. Obviously, Lucario has quite the movepool, and you don't to waste it. Tis' set, besides having a weaker attack then your set, is pretty fine. I wouldn't mind the attack anyways, just go with the SD Set if you want raw power with Life Orb = the sex. Lol. Beats the living daylights out of things imo. Anywho, just some things to ponder about and take into consideration.

Moving on... Hahaha. I lurv Sub-Punch Muk. Running Substitute with Explosion is pretty redundant, as it's kinda like running Rest + Explosion, which is also redundant. Wat's the point of it? imo.

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SPATK / 252 SPE
    Timid Nature (+SPE, -ATK)
    - Trick
    - Psychic
    - Thunder Wave
    - Energy Ball / Encore / whatever. Also has quite the movepool to choose from. i <3 this set. wat is more funnier then switching items w/ a Blissey while you just lol at them? you'll be wanting to do that when it's utililzing T-Wave, obviously. Like sais before, your set is pretty gimmicky, so consider tis' set. as Anti would say, "this is oh so fun." depending on if he agrees with this or not. <.< But, Blissey is just one of the many things you can switch this in on. I prefer Encore for the last slot. i was thinking Bulky, but obviously this thing is pretty frail, and wouldn't prove to have much of a point, especially w/o Intimidate.

Hehe. I borrowed Azelf's style of posting, but that's drifting away from the topic.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Roar is perfectly usable without spikes itachi, how else is he gonna phaze? I expected better from you ;)

But yeah, that zam set is ewwwww. Standard pleash

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Roar is perfectly usable without spikes itachi, how else is he gonna phaze? I expected better from you ;)

But yeah, that zam set is ewwwww. Standard pleash

Ah. thanks, Gofre, for correcting me. but, i make pretty terrible rates, however, that's drifting away from the topic again. <.< then again, if you think about it, its telling why i said that...

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Na its on topic, conflicting advice can be confusing for some people. And seeing as nothing in the OU tier has soundproof its a perfectly viable move.
    Urgh I've just seen that torterra's EV spread. There is no need for speed on this thing, base 55 is outrunning nothing. Please get rid of subseed, he cant pull it off and replace with the standard toreterra, which i am off to find *DisappearsIntoSwirlyMist*
    Will edit post when I've got it.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Na its on topic, conflicting advice can be confusing for some people. And seeing as nothing in the OU tier has soundproof its a perfectly viable move.
    Urgh I've just seen that torterra's EV spread. There is no need for speed on this thing, base 55 is outrunning nothing. Please get rid of subseed, he cant pull it off and replace with the standard toreterra, which i am off to find *DisappearsIntoSwirlyMist*
    Will edit post when I've got it.

actually, Subseed is pretty good on torterra, but i see where you're coming from, though. hint: speed. DDD: EDIT: however, he's bulky enough to use it. Hence, why he probably chose it.

Divine~Deoxys

Alakazam @Focus Sash
    Timid Nature
    EVs:252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
    Ability: Syncronise

Psychic
    Counter get Focus Blast, Alakazam isn't very physical
    Protect
    Encore

Protect is mainly just for scouting what other leads plan to do first before I attack. I'd be looking really stupid if I use Counter while Salamence uses Draco Meteor. Counter takes out Weavile and TTar leads from the start, however, with Tyranitar leads, it's more of a kamikaze type of thing. Encore stops Dos and Ninjask and Psychic is just a STAB filler.

Torterra @Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spe

Toxic
    Earthquake
    Substitute get Giga Drain or Leaf Storm,or you'll struggle against water types who have ice moves
    Leech Seed

It can subseed in a sandstorm which makes it pretty good at destroying things that tend to exist as bulky attackers/walls in ST teams. Toxic takes out rivaling Torterra who think they can overcome my Torterra by staying in and causing a stall war.

Starmie @Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 172 HP / 116 SpA / 220 Spe
    Ability: Natural Cure

Surf
    Recover
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam

Standard CounterStar, it's mainly for Garchomp. niice...if it's mainly for Garchomp, get Double Team or Minimize for Thunderbolt.

Donphan @Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def

Earthquake
    Rapid Spin
    Ice Shard
    Roar Stone Edge?!?!

An excellent Phazer/Spinner to add to my team. It's pretty standard, so, there's nothing much else to explain here. Needs another attack, a good anoyer would eat you alive.

Muk @Black Sludge
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 SpD

Substitute
    Focus Punch
    Explosion
    Shadow Sneak

A SubPunching Muk... wow. It actually works wonders in OU. Not much explaining here. The attack EVs give Shadow Sneak that extra, well-needed boost against the likes of Gengar.I'll take your word for it.

Lucario @Life Orb
    Mild Nature
    EVs: 252 Spe / 232 SpA / 20 Attk
    Ability: Inner Focus

Close Combat
    HP Fire what hapened to Aura Sphere??it's mint
    Shadow Ball
    Dragon Pulse

Eh, something I made up myself. It mostly comes in late game and sweeps whatever's left. Close Combat handles Blissey. Sweet pokemon, mine's good too.
    I have put my opinions in italics. what's HP Fire? Good team.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    1)HP fire is hidden power bred for fire type.
    2)Minimize and double team are hax moves and not allowed
    3)Counter doesnt rely on stats, it just hits back at twice the strenght of the foe's physical move. This is what makes it bad, as mixed sets make it useless.

Oh and itachi, bulky as it is, those speed EVs are achieving nothing. I'd rather improve my good stats than bump my useless ones.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    1)HP fire is hidden power bred for fire type.
    2)Minimize and double team are hax moves and not allowed
    3)Counter doesnt rely on stats, it just hits back at twice the strenght of the foe's physical move. This is what makes it bad, as mixed sets make it useless.

Oh and itachi, bulky as it is, those speed EVs are achieving nothing. I'd rather improve my good stats than bump my useless ones.

ah. yeah, those are bad. i was just saying Subseeding is good on torterra.

Golden Shaymin

Taking a short break
    Years
    hp fire is hidden power fire type so that lucario can use an attack like flamethrower but not so powerful hidden power can max 70 power which is a waste instead of aura sphere because stab brings aura sphere up to about the same total in power as max hp fire would with super effective plus aura sphere can still get super effective and double damage again

ShadowAzelf

Lopunny Lova
    Years
    <.< Hm, I thought this RMT was ignored.

Anyway:

-The speed EVs on Torterra allow it to outspeed whatever it needs to counter. A base 55 speed isn't anything to leave out, Magenzone is an example of that. As said before, it's bulky enough to run speed EVs as well.

-I just realized how useless HP Fire + Dragon Pulse is when compared to HP Ice + Psychic <_<...

-I have tried the Trick set, however, at least 80% of the time, my opponent outpredicts me and switches to something that can take their item being swapped.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    <.< Hm, I thought this RMT was ignored.

Anyway:

-The speed EVs on Torterra allow it to outspeed whatever it needs to counter. A base 55 speed isn't anything to leave out, Magenzone is an example of that. As said before, it's bulky enough to run speed EVs as well.

-I just realized how useless HP Fire + Dragon Pulse is when compared to HP Ice + Psychic <_<...

but 240 is overkill. id rather run just 4 speed EP's, as Blissey has had that set before im pretty sure.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Dugtrio is anything but nice to this team. It KOs half of your pokemon, potentially even more than that. Weavile is equally troubling.

The lack of a special wall is a really big pain, and there isn't even a bulky water (I really don't see Starmie as bulky enough to be a bulky water). About any special sweeper in the game can really mow down this team. I suggest replacing that repulsive Alakazam set with a special wall.

Torterra and Donphan on the same team is only causing you problems as well, as having both isn't really necessary. I would also take out Torterra for a water or something that can absolutely smash your biggest weaknesses that the special wall will not solve. I would recommend something, but it depends on the wall you choose.

Also, I'm pretty sure roar has uses outside of abusing Spikes Itachi :0

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    What happens when a TTar/hippowdon lead starts a sandstream, and they set up with dragondance/stealth rock while you use protect. Goodbye focus sash alakazam!

Years
    What happens when a TTar/hippowdon lead starts a sandstream, and they set up with dragondance/stealth rock while you use protect. Goodbye focus sash alakazam!
    I agree.You're better off with a Choice Specs Alakazam that can Trick Choice Specs onto Tyranitar while it's Dragon Dancing or Hippowdon when it's using Stealth Rock.

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    -I have tried the Trick set, however, at least 80% of the time, my opponent outpredicts me and switches to something that can take their item being swapped.

Also, I've never ever suspected someone of using a trick set on an alakazam that ive battled. Its a good idea. I dunno how you got predicted 80% of the time, either you have bad luck, or your alakazam is nicknamed "TRICKEDYA!"

Back