• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rmt

Achilles

Years
  • Rmt. Pretty please, with sugar on top

This is my in game team, I made it so it can be used for both Single and Double Battles. I am not going to post the EV spreads since I don't really need help with those. Any suggestions?

Sceptile@Leftovers
    [Modest]
    - Leaf Blade
    - Dragon Claw
    - Crunch
    - Protect

Attack, protect, attack, protect. Nice Special sweeper if I may say so. It's pretty fast as it is and it will never outrun an Alakazam, so I went with Modest.

Lanturn@Leftovers
    [Calm]
    - Thunderwave
    - Confuse Ray
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt

Annoying, has staying power and makes use of double STAB, I love this one.

Ludicolo@Leftovers
    [Bold]
    - Rain Dance
    - Leech Seed
    - Toxic
    - Dive

It has Rain Dish. It is standard but it works great for me. It also helps set up Gorebyss. Great in a Double Battle with Gorebyss.

Gorebyss@Leftovers
    [Modest]
    - Surf
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam
    - Rain Dance

High defense but low HP. I love the high sp.att+Swift swim. Rain Dance is there since it has all the attacking moves it needs and because Ludicolo doesn't always set him up.

Hariyama@Leftovers
    [Adamant]
    - Bulk Up
    - Brick Break
    - Earthquake
    - Wirhlwind

It both sweeps and Phazes. Wirhlwind is also good in a Double Battle if it's teamed up with Lanturn or Ludicolo.

Crobat@Leftovers
    [Jolly]
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Aerial Ace
    - Haze

Hazes and makes use of double STAB. It's great when teamed up with Haryama.

Thanks in advance for the rates.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • well it's near impossible to do EVs ingame unless you're only focusing on 2 stats, or just going to use pen+paper to jot down exactly everything that you've beaten up >>;

As for ingame... really anything will win, and if this is ingame link battle with friends, then I still don't recommand you training a team that's used for both 1vs1 and 2vs2... 2vs2 is so dramatically different.

Achilles

Years
  • Spike Razzor said:
    I saw some info on Ev's online. Took a while to do all the math, and it wasn't fun at all =(.
    Well it's just a matter of writing it down or if you have a good memory, remember it all.
    As for my EV spreads, all of them are pretty straight forward so I don't think they will need any help.
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys.
    frostweaver said:
    As for ingame... really anything will win, and if this is ingame link battle with friends, then I still don't recommand you training a team that's used for both 1vs1 and 2vs2... 2vs2 is so dramatically different.
    Well I also use this team to beat Colosseum and they do pretty well in both 1v1 and 2v2.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • and as long as you're battling AI, you really don't need that great of a team to win at all

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • If you'd seen some of the teams on Colosseum, you may beg to differ on that one. I believe they also have max EV (or at least it seems that way), and perfect HP types as well. But then again, they like throw in legendaries as well, which just makes things even cheaper and harder to beat.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Toothache said:
    If you'd seen some of the teams on Colosseum, you may beg to differ on that one. I believe they also have max EV (or at least it seems that way), and perfect HP types as well. But then again, they like throw in legendaries as well, which just makes things even cheaper and harder to beat.

They do. I've done some damage calculations showing maxed EVs -- like Zam with maxed SpAt and Spd. There are Gyarados with HP Flying 70, et cetera. The AI in the game still isn't all that good. It's disappointing.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Toothache said:
    If you'd seen some of the teams on Colosseum, you may beg to differ on that one. I believe they also have max EV (or at least it seems that way), and perfect HP types as well. But then again, they like throw in legendaries as well, which just makes things even cheaper and harder to beat.
    As long as their stats are within legal limits, it's not that difficult to defeat the AI... Hence why the lvl 100 Battle Tower in Crystal version is so easy, but lvl 30 is a lot more difficult. The movesets for both lvls are the same basically, and they got max stats on both lvls, but you can easily achieve max stats at lvl 100, yet it's very difficult to achieve max stats but capped at lvl 30...

They'll never know to always pull in Blissey against your Alakazam, and other tricks that only a living players know about, unless the AI is really that delicate... which is hardly the case in almost any games.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Funnily enough, I was about to start EV training a Chansey. Just bred one with Roselia to get Toxic and Aromatherapy, and now I'm gonna give her Seismic Toss and then go start beating up things for Defence EV. Any suggestions for EV distribution, since this is the first time of me using Blissey (and I have a L100 Skarmory already, so that makes things fun).

Back