• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMXP Event Exporter

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Ever needed to search for something in your events, but had to manually click through all of them to find what you were looking for? Now you don't have to! Here is a plug-and-play script that will take all of your events (including common and battle events, if you're using those) and dump them into a single txt file, using the same format to display event commands that the event editor in RPG Maker XP uses. This script works not only with any Essentials version, but also any game in RMXP!

If you're using the GitHub version of Essentials, then you can easily install this plugin by adding a remote using the GitHub link to my repo provided, and pulling changes from that remote whenever I release a new version (make sure to remove "Plugins/" from your .gitignore file first!). Otherwise, you can click on the button that says "Code > Download ZIP" to download and install it manually.

Tested Pokemon Essentials Version: Any RMXP game works

Latest Script (Edited August 3, 2021):
    v1.4.1: https://github.com/usabhinav/rmxp-event-exporter

Attached below is an example of this script used on a clean copy of Essentials v18:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/19jvCu5iBDHf5wmP_puiqWNrS1Vm3eIjP/view?usp=sharing

Changelog:
    https://pastebin.com/xRnUgkCJ

If you notice any bugs, or even anything off about how the commands are displayed, please don't hesitate to tell me! I want to make this as bug-free and close to RMXP as possible. I hope this script makes your development process easier!

Credits: None needed, but credits to NettoHikari would be appreciated :)

Attachments

• Pokemon Essentials v17.2 Exported Events.txt
      613.4 KB · Views: 31
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Update: Added more detailed error messages in case the script crashes due to invalid event command data, and added more map information in the export text (tileset, dimensions, BGM, etc.).

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This is awesome! A recommended script for every RPG Maker XP user!

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    so im understanding its capability correctly , can we re import changes we make? for example I have a change to make to like 40 events on map and would love to export and re import, is it possible?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    so im understanding its capability correctly , can we re import changes we make? for example I have a change to make to like 40 events on map and would love to export and re import, is it possible?

Currently, this script only exports events - it does not reimport them back. This is a feature that I've wanted to implement for some time, but haven't found the time to do so. I might include it in a future version of this script, but for now your only option will be to go through each event manually.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I found an error. In Common Event's Condition Switch, it was showing variable name instead of switch name.

Last edited:
    Back