• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMXP for Mac?

Do you think there will be RMXP for Macintosh Computers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
  • What will happen if there is a RMXP for Mac? It will be named: RPG Maker Mac. And, tell me your ideas about this.
    My own idea:
    Pokemon Essentials for Mac, Music Remakes, Touching Screen. etc..

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • What is this? If you're asking if there will ever be a Mac Compatible RPG Maker then you're wrong. It'll never happen. Mac's are an American phenomenon. Since Enterbrain is a Japanese company, they won't have their products on a Mac.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • What is this? If you're asking if there will ever be a Mac Compatible RPG Maker then you're wrong. It'll never happen. Mac's are an American phenomenon. Since Enterbrain is a Japanese company, they won't have their products on a Mac.
    That reason does not even make sense.

This thread doesn't really make a lot of sense either. :)

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
    And you think Microsoft isn't American?! I'd say that if the Japanese hated American products, they'd rather be using Apple than a massive company like Microsoft.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, since Windows can be run on a Mac.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Sure Microsoft is American. I wasn't thinking clearly when I typed that post...

I meant to say that the Japanese demographic like the setup of Windows more than Mac.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • Sure Microsoft is American. I wasn't thinking clearly when I typed that post...

I meant to say that the Japanese demographic like the setup of Windows more than Mac.
    Japanese do use Macs.
    Windows is still the most common OS pretty much everywhere.

But that's not the point. RPG Maker runs in Mac through a software called WINE, which allows OSes based on Unix to run some Windows software.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Or, just run RMXP on Mac using Wine. Simple as that.
    This isn't really much of a topic to be discussed so I'll just lock this.

-locked-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back