• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokémon Resistance

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2012
    Hi all,

I want to present you here my idea for Pokémon Resistance.

Situation:
    You're living in the Region Teikoku, which is reigned by the Big Emperor and his supporters of the team "Toxic Teeth". This is a gang of fanatic poison fans.

Story:
    You're the son of the famous Professor Odon. One day, your father is kidnapped by members of Team "Toxic Teeth" and the only chance to rescue him is taking one of the pokemon from yout fathers lab and join the resistance organisation "Red Claw". Together you find out, that the only chance to rescue your father is, to fall the Emperor, and that for, you have to gain all 12 badges and win the national cup. How you can reach that is a surprise at the moment.

Features:

- a full new region
    - the four seasons, and special Pokemons for each season
    - some new Pokemons
    - Birthday, Christmas, and so on
    - new tasks after the main story
    - competitions for breeders
    - extra attacks for Baby Pokemons
    - many new things
    - after the main story, you can buy different outfits for your character
    and some more...

Helpers:
    Scripters - I need people who can script different things, so that they work in Pokemon Essentials. An example is scripting the effects of 4th gen moves.
    Spriters - I need people who can sprite new Charsets, Tilesets, Trainer and Pokemon Sprites
    Translators - Peoples who correct my grammar faults

I also need every idea I can get. It's not important if you have an idea for plot, Fakemons or places just send them to me via PM.

Credits:
    Poccil and Flameguru - Pokemon Essentials Starterkit
    Fangking Omega - FR/LG Charsets
    Kyledove - Tilesets
    Rm2k3Kid - Ripping D/P Charsets
    Hack Mew - Ripping HG/SS Frontsprites
    Chimcharsfireworkd - Tiles

first pictures will come soon...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2012
    So, thanks for the one post... ^^
    At the moment, I'm thinking if I should take Charsets in Style of FR/LG or in Style of D/P. I've made two screenshots, could you please tell what is better in your eyes.
    (Sorry for my bad english)

Greetings JuStuPro

Last edited:
    Years
  • I wish i could help you
    My skill:
    Spriting(0)>.<
    Mapping(a bit)
    Scripter(Oh Noooo I can't)
    Eventing(maybe but not skilled)
    Implementing new item(Maybe)

Sorry if i spammed but anyways nice plot keep going
    when it's done it will be great :)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    The d/p overworlds look better since ur using d/p tiles

Raikt

Fiction writer.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    Situation:
    You're living in the Region Teikoku, which is reigned by the Big Emperor and his supporters of the team "Toxic Teeth". This is a gang of fanatic poison fans.

"Toxic Teeth" is an odd name for a team; it's not bad, per say, but it's not good either. Perhaps you could work in something else? I don't have any ideas for it right now, but if I come up with any, I'll let you know.

Story:
    You're the son of the famous Professor Odon. One day, your father is kidnapped by members of Team "Toxic Teeth" and the only chance to rescue him is taking one of the pokemon from yout fathers lab and join the resistance organisation "Red Claw". Together you find out, that the only chance to rescue your father is, to fall the Emperor, and that for, you have to gain all 12 badges and win the national cup. How you can reach that is a surprise at the moment.

This is where it is good, but also bad; the premise for the story is interesting, and so far unique within Pokemon games. I've only seen one other plot line even remotely close. So, that's the good. The bad is how squished in with the Pokemon concept you made it. Getting gym badges to rescue your father? The only way I can see getting all the badges as a reliable way to defeat the Emperor, it still brings up another slew of questions. Why is the Emperor so easy to take down? It only requires getting the badges and defeating the Elite Four to set your plans into motion? If so, then why are you even necessary to the plot? Why couldn't they have just chosen something else?

I'm asking, because it seems like your storyline has potential but has the same pitfalls as the normal Pokemon games. It seems fun at first, but then you will feel disconnected with the story because it barely relates to you and you feel like you're just going through the motions.

Features:

- a full new region
    - the four seasons, and special Pokemons for each season
    - some new Pokemons
    - Birthday, Christmas, and so on
    - new tasks after the main story
    - competitions for breeders
    - extra attacks for Baby Pokemons
    - many new things
    - after the main story, you can buy different outfits for your character
    and some more...

- Region is nothing new, so nothing exciting.
    - Really? Now that is interesting and promising. I hope you can deliver.
    - Fakemon need to be interesting, otherwise people won't like them.
    - That's be done before, I believe, but not often enough. Interesting.
    - Post-game is where the games usually fall.
    - Eh, contests? I've never been a fan.
    - What kind of attacks?
    - Some more really doesn't give us anything to work off of, unless it is an absolute secret.

I can help with the translating, if you want. I'm helping a few others with story and text related issues as well. It, and mapping with some eventing, is about the only thing I'm good at. Anyway, these are just my suggestions. Take them or leave them, but I think if you consider them you will find they help.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2012
    Wow, thank you for the answers.

@Nintendork15 and Mavern:
    I think you're right. Thank you

@Raikt:
    Wow, thank you for this "monsterpost"

Raikt said:
    "Toxic Teeth" is an odd name for a team; it's not bad, per say, but it's not good either. Perhaps you could work in something else? I don't have any ideas for it right now, but if I come up with any, I'll let you know.
    Well, another name would be great, but i haven't got an idea now. I'll think about it again.

Raikt said:
    This is where it is good, but also bad; the premise for the story is interesting, and so far unique within Pokemon games. I've only seen one other plot line even remotely close. So, that's the good. The bad is how squished in with the Pokemon concept you made it. Getting gym badges to rescue your father? The only way I can see getting all the badges as a reliable way to defeat the Emperor, it still brings up another slew of questions. Why is the Emperor so easy to take down? It only requires getting the badges and defeating the Elite Four to set your plans into motion? If so, then why are you even necessary to the plot? Why couldn't they have just chosen something else?

I'm asking, because it seems like your storyline has potential but has the same pitfalls as the normal Pokemon games. It seems fun at first, but then you will feel disconnected with the story because it barely relates to you and you feel like you're just going through the motions.
    Well, only "getting badges" is not enough for rescue your father. But without the badges, you can't reach the point where you can begin with start the revolution. I don't want to tell you more now, because if I would do this, their would be no surprise anymore. At the moment it seems to be not really logical, but it will be logical at the end, You'll see.

Raikt said:
    - Region is nothing new, so nothing exciting.
    - Really? Now that is interesting and promising. I hope you can deliver.
    - Fakemon need to be interesting, otherwise people won't like them.
    - That's be done before, I believe, but not often enough. Interesting.
    - Post-game is where the games usually fall.
    - Eh, contests? I've never been a fan.
    - What kind of attacks?
    - Some more really doesn't give us anything to work off of, unless it is an absolute secret.
    - Yes, it's nothing new, but needed to set the story.
    - Well if I can make a script to read the date from the PC, then it won't be a problem to set different seasons.
    - well, that' why I don't want to make more then just few
    - see point two
    - Oh yes, i have many good ideas for the Post-game
    - I meant contests like the competition in National Park, and not like the competitions in RSE
    - Well, I want to make possible that for Example Water Pokemon can get Fire attacks from their fathers and strong attacks which the evolved forms can't learn
    - other things meant things I don't know yet

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • Well, another name would be great, but i haven't got an idea now. I'll think about it again.

Venom Battalion or Toxin Battalion or Virus Battalion. I know it's a little cheesy but it's better than "toxic teeth". Their leader could be called Dr. Thrax. He is secretly financed by the "Big Emperor" to terrorise the region. The people then see the "Big Emperor's" dictatorship as a form of security against the Venom Battalion and so the people do not revolt against him.

There's a little storyline help for you.

Last edited:

Obscurum intus

Darkness Within
    Years
  • Mapping skills: ok
    Spriting skills and fakemon: not so good
    scripting skills: basic
    tilesets: reasonable:
    and Over worlds: not so good

Back