• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokemon Aurum

The Blueprint

Pokemon: Aurum
    Years
    Well, after going a temporary leave form the forums, I've decided to return with a project I have started to work on over the last few weeks. I haven't had as much time as expected, so my progress has been slow, but I plan to spend more time on it over the next few weeks.

Pokemon Aurum
    RMXP

Story -

You are a 15 year old boy currently living in Cerulean City, Kanto. You where born in Johto, but at the age of 5, your father went missing. A few months after his disappearance, you and your Mother moved to Kanto. The police closed the case on your Father and he was presumed dead, something you never could accept, especially with the 'Users' around.

The 'Users' are a business know by the name of (Name Needed).

They first started to sell their products around 10 years ago, around the time that your Father went missing. At the time, the products were just as good as any others, and the prices weren't any cheaper. As thh years went on, the prices started to decrease so much that nobody could keep up with them, and most stores went bankrupt, leaving the market open to (Business Name).

Nobody questioned the prices. After all, if you could get 3 Greatballs for the price of a single Pokeball 10 years ago, would you complain? Unknown to the public, there was a reason these products were so cheap.

Since the start of the industrial revolution, pokemon had been used in factories. The Pokemon where never forced to work. They would work at their own will, and would be given regular breaks so they were not over worked. This was not the way the users worked.

A Pokemon working in a factory has to be tame and pretty strong. This requires training, which requires time, something the 'Users' did not have. They steal Pokemon from trainers and work them to death. If a Pokemon stopped working, it would be whipped. This was the the secret to the business, the reason the producst where so cheap. If ever anyone found out about this, the 'Users' would be brought down.

The business as a whole is run by 12 (that's a nice number) members of the executive board, each one with their own branch of business. As well as these 12, there is one overall leader, known as the Illusive Man (Good ol' Mass Effect 2).

One of the branches of business includes their own private security firm, (Name Needed). These are really the equivalent to Team Rocket Grunts. The are the footsoldiers that run the factories, steal the pokemon and make sure the companies secrets are kept safe.

6 of the executive board are based in Johto, the other 6 in Kanto. They oversee all operations in each region. The main headquarters are based on south of Johto and Kanto, and the 12 executives regularly travel here for meetings with the Illusive Man.

Nobody outside of the executive board has ever seen the Illusive Man.

To avoid them being exploited, they have bought off a few members in the government who are in charge of trading standards. These members keep them shielded, allowing them to go ahead with their work without worry of being exposed to the public.

Your Mum always told you to accept that your Father was dead, but you never could. You never believed he was really dead, but even more so recently. A few months ago, you started to have strange dreams where your father would speak to you. You told your mum, but she just said it was your imagination due to it being 10 years since he went missing in a few weeks.

Each day, the dreams became more vivid, almost as if he was next to you, and you decided there was something you had to do about it. You started to pack your bags, because next week, you would leave on a journey to find your father. Today is that day.

Features -
    Original Storyline
    Kanto and Johto Regions (With some changes)
    Part of a New Region
    (Possibly) D&N System
    New OW's
    Some Fakemon

Mapping Progress
    Spoiler:

Team-
    The Blueprint - Mapper, Spriter, General Ideas.

Support -
    Support the game by putting a userbar in your sig -
    [RMXP] Pokemon Aurum

HTML:
    [URL=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=216282][IMG]https://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv223/AiiNZ-/Aurum.png[/IMG][/URL]

Any help is welcomed, so if you would like to be involved, please let me know how you can help.

Credits -
    Poccil for the RMXP Pokemon Kit.
    Wesley & Alistair for the tiles.
    Everyone at Pokecommunity for the support.

Last edited:

Milk

ガットミルク
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    this is sooooo gay no one with good games is posting the download thingo u guys are a load of ****en pussies
    Nerd rage ;D
    On Topic :: this game sounds kinda cliche, like bad guys you beat them up ;D
    GAME OVER!

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
    this is sooooo gay no one with good games is posting the download thingo u guys are a load of ****en pussies

Saying things like that just gets you kicked out.
    If you don't have anything constructive to say don't bother posting on games.
    It takes time out of people to make these games so be patient and wait.

On Topic:

I've read through your plot so far and it seems interesting.
    But, could you elabourate a bit more on the whole idea of 'The Users'.
    It seems like a good idea about them but what are they trying to achieve from doing so.
    Overall the idea is good, hope to see this become big.

The Blueprint

Years
    Well, the user kind of Enslave pokemon and use them in factories. For example, using fire pokemon to melt down metal, or ice pokemon to keep things cool etc.

That is something I need to develop. I started this over on a different forum, and 'The Users' where from somebodies RP. He said I could use that element of his RP in my story, so I'm not quite sure on their overall goal, as we never did finish it.

But yes, I will be sure to work more on what part the users play and update it when I have a decent idea.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
    Well...if the "Users" use pokemon for work in factories, 1. How is this illegal (besides the stealing) there is solid evidence from canon that pokemon work in manual labor (and it could definitely be considered force slave labor, cause they're probably not paid) 2. How did a group of "Evil Bourgeoisie Factory Owners" turn into a gang and 3. Why are they killing people?

Besides that, I really like your plot and story. Good luck!

The Blueprint

Years
    There is no mention of them 'Killing' anyone.

As for the use of Pokemon, the work them to death, that's why they often steal Pokemon. If a Pokemon get's injured, they would just abandon it, considering it 'weak', and steal another Pokemon.

Also, they haven't gone from factory workers to a Gang. They started off as a small industrial company. After the company nearly went Bankrupt, it was bought by a rich, corrupt person who manipulated the workers into his evil money making scheme. e then expanded the company into a larger buisness.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
    I'll address your answers one by one.

First, in your intro you claim it is believed your father was killed by the "Users." So it makes me think they are capable of killing.

Secondly, I guess "working them to death" kind of works, but since we have no idea of the laws governing use of pokemon...yeah. Do with that what you will.

Thirdly, why are people afraid to leave their homes because of factory owners?

And finally, most glaringly...

These "Users" are a business. Quite simply they manufacture products and sell them. If people are afraid to leave their homes, and if everyone knows they are evil, the "Users" would simply fall, because no one would buy their product. You could argue that they sell to the black market; however, if the "Users" have gotten so big the average citizen fears them, then they have a greater means of production and more factories, ie. more product being made. If the "Users" are then generating more product, the law of supply and demand argues that they have to sell that product as well, or else they lose money. The black market is only so big. If the "Users" have achieved this much prominence, they are making a surplus product more then the black market can handle. Unable to sell this surplus to average citizens, the "Users" will ultimately fail, as their costs will begin to out way their profits. In short, the "Users" are economically unfeasible.

In short, these are my problems with the plot. Don't think I'm trying to bash you. You're putting in a good effort and I want you to succeed. These are just some things to think about.

The Blueprint

Years
    Ok, more answers -

1) Fair point, but I can't really say much about that as it will contain spoilers

2) This doesn't necessarily take place in the generic world you see in the anime. Possibly an alternate one with definite laws.

3) People are more scared of the power they posses rather than the Users them selves. Almost all products are made by the Users, ranging from potions to Pokeballs, therefore people are forced into buying their items. In game, your character will obviously be against the Users and what they stand for, therefore you will refuse to buy from pokemarts. In each town, you will have to find an undercover salesman who deals with 'Fairtrade' products if you will. The result is that supplies are harder to come across and will cost a bit extra.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
    You give fair enough answers, here's one last point:

If its gotten to the point that the "Users" have a monopoly on commerce and the police refuse to do anything about it, and the government does nothing, this game takes place in one of the most de-centralized governments in history. Also, the sheer fact that there are "undercover" salesman suggests that the "Users" are legal and any product not authorized by them is illegal, suggesting they have government contacts.

I might have just started digging to far, but this is really for your benefit. A lot of times, people come up with a plot point that on a closer inspection isn't logical. You seem to have thought this out really through, though, so I commend you.

The Blueprint

Years
    Hmmm, now you mention that, I think I have a better idea for them.

So everything about the company and someone buying them, but they developed the business to be more than a few factories. A branch of the executive workers formed together to create a political party, and due to their good reputation as a business (at first) they ended up winning. From there, the corruption started, and the Government decided there would be no more elections and they would be the definite Government from then on.

Raikt

Fiction writer.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    Sorry if I'm overstepping my bounds here, but after reading the thread I felt the urge to comment. It's mostly my thoughts on the plot and how you could flesh it out more. So, starting:

- It sounds like you want "The Users" to be an evil syndicate that has basically taken over most of the world, but no one can really stop it. That could actually be Team Rocket, had Red not put an end to their plans. (Most of their enterprises were also surprisingly legit.)

- I don't think you need anything as fancy as them taking over the government, though that would be interesting, in order to portray them. Try something more like: They are a group of businessmen. (Imagine a long, wooden table with 12 [Random number] shady gentlemen sitting around) They are all holders in the massive corporate body known as "The Users", though they are really the minds behind the body. Nearly all of their enterprising is completely legitimate. They sell Pokeballs, Potions, Mail, etc. at discount prices. So much so, that most of the others are put out of business. However, not enough to gain a monopoly on the product, since that would draw the attention of the government. Their prices are so cheap, though, that even the other stores that can compete aren't making a huge profit. The whole, "working Pokemon to death and stealing them" thing could go along with their image. As in, people have claimed it happens. There have been inspections, but nothing has ever been concretely proven. Like Team Rocket stealing Pokemon, but the police rarely ever being able to find them.

- Once that is fleshed out, it would be easy for the Pokemon world to become afraid of them. They are a secret, shadow organization with terrible rumors being spread around them. In fact, you could flesh out the other idea of them controlling quite a bit and have them, say, bribing the police force. Later on, your character could meet up with "renegade" pockets of police officers that are trying to, undercover, discover what really lays at the heart of "The Users".

Again, sorry if I overstepped any bounds or if I seemed to ramble. I wanted to post this idea while it was fresh.

The Blueprint

Years
    Over stepped your bounds? Not at all.

That's a brilliant idea. Maybe even to develop that further -

The 'Users' are a business know by the name of (Name Needed).

They first started to sell their products around 10 years ago, around the time that your Father went missing. At the time, the products were just as good as any others, and the prices weren't any cheaper. As thh years went on, the prices started to decrease so much that nobody could keep up with them, and most stores went bankrupt, leaving the market open to (Business Name).

Nobody questioned the prices. After all, if you could get 3 Greatballs for the price of a single Pokeball 10 years ago, would you complain? Unknown to the public, there was a reason these products were so cheap.

Since the start of the industrial revolution, pokemon had been used in factories. The Pokemon where never forced to work. They would work at their own will, and would be given regular breaks so they were not over worked. This was not the way the users worked.

A Pokemon working in a factory has to be tame and pretty strong. This requires training, which requires time, something the 'Users' did not have. They steal Pokemon from trainers and work them to death. If a Pokemon stopped working, it would be whipped. This was the the secret to the business, the reason the producst where so cheap. If ever anyone found out about this, the 'Users' would be brought down.

The business as a whole is run by 12 (that's a nice number) members of the executive board, each one with their own branch of business. As well as these 12, there is one overall leader, known as the Illusive Man (Good ol' Mass Effect 2).

One of the branches of business includes their own private security firm, (Name Needed). These are really the equivalent to Team Rocket Grunts. The are the footsoldiers that run the factories, steal the pokemon and make sure the companies secrets are kept safe.

6 of the executive board are based in Johto, the other 6 in Kanto. They oversee all operations in each region. The main headquarters are based on south of Johto and Kanto, and the 12 executives regularly travel here for meetings with the Illusive Man.

Nobody outside of the executive board has ever seen the Illusive Man.

To avoid them being exploited, they have bought off a few members in the government who are in charge of trading standards. These members keep them shielded, allowing them to go ahead with their work without worry of being exposed to the public.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
    This is very, very, very good.

A much better improvement over your original idea.

I would suggest researching the Industrial Revolution to develop it further. For example, the factory-owners would often set up propaganda pieces to make it look like work was good for the working class. One owner said the child-laborers he employed were "happy" to be working all day and "testing out a skill." This was all to get the public and the government on their side. Eventually, around 50 years after Industrialization, the English government ordered an investigation into factories that took years and showcased thousands of testimonies from across classes.

I'm not saying to incorporate any of this. I'm just saying its worth studying the Industrial Revolution, because your plot mirrors it very closely.

The Blueprint

Years
    That's a good point. That could also help with more of the detailed areas in game.
    Sadly, I dropped history at school or I would have already been though this, but that's fine. Shouldn't take too much time to get the idea of what I need to know for the story.

Raikt

Fiction writer.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    Glad I could be of help. I always love seeing a well thought out plot coming to fruition. The Illusive Man was a nice touch. (I love Mass Effect 2) and would add even more mystery to the organization. Another idea:

- You could end up battling each of the 12 Board Members. They could be like the Rocket Admins. A custom sprite for each one, battle music, etc. Whatever you felt like implementing. They could control a specific "something" in each area. Ex: One executive would control shipping between Johto and Kanto. I'm not quite sure how you would implement defeating them as a blow to their trade, (Pokemon hasn't been known for intelligent criminals. "I LOST A POKEMON BATTLE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD! MY BUSINESS IS RUINED!") but after you defeat all of them, it could annoy the 'Illusive Man' to the point of confronting you himself.

The Blueprint

Years
    I was maybe thinking that instead of the 6 Gym leader in each Region, you fight the executives instead. The Gym leaders can still be an option to help you get stronger though.

Edit: Encountered an issue in RMXP, hoping someone can help.

I need to add in some extra tiles to my outside set. This make the total size 256 x 30,000. When ever I insert them, half of the set is cut off. Why is this?

I did have a set that was around 31,000 high inserted and they where fine. . . :/

Last edited:

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
    To answer Rakit's problem of dumb criminals, I have an idea:

First of, I like that the character is 15, not 10. That's a bit more credible, and no one says the character always has to be 10. In the game I'm working on, the protagonist is an 18 year old high school grad.

But the real point is how would your defeat in a pokemon battle affect them. Well, you mentioned "undercover" traders. Perhaps there is a whole underground resistance team. Perhaps you get involved in that team, and, similar to Lance's raid with you in the original GSC, this resistance raids their bases. Of course, cause its a game, you get all the dirty work :P. But I think having a resistance that you can join would solve the "Oh no I was beaten by a kid" problem.

The Blueprint

Years
    Seeing as we developed a new plot, it wouldn't be necessary for 'undercover' salesmen. Think of them more as just not mainstream. Also, the product from these people would not be as of good quality as they are trying to sell them as cheap as possible, meaning less effort and resources go into them.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
    Well, really I'm trying to give a solution to Raikt's problem of stupid businessmen quitting after their beaten by a teenager. If you align with an underground resistance, it makes this scenario less implausible.

Back