• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokemon Bronze (Steel, and Cobalt)

Years
  • POKéMON BRONZE

I am making a series of fan games using the program RPG Maker XP, in combination with the Pokemon Essentials kit from UPC. I am planning to make 3 separate games, mimicking the standard release of Pokemon games - 2 nearly identical games with the difference of a few Pokemon that are able to be found in the wild, and a 3rd that is mostly the same with a couple of differences. (Seems a little intimidating, but really the second game will simply be copied from the 1st, change the title screen, and certain wild Pokemon, and then its done, while third will be started from repeating that process and then adding a little more story).

These games are entitled Bronze, Steel, and Cobalt (if only mithral was a real metal :P), and the title screens will display Regirock, Registeel, and Regice, respectively. They are set in a new region called Shinnen, and are set 10 to 20 years before RBY/FRLG. I plan on, among other things, having a couple of cameos from young versions of iconic characters, such as Oak, Lance, and the player's rival, Giovanni (I thought it'd been fun to follow the rise of Team Rocket ^_^).

Map
    Spoiler:

Characters
    Spoiler:

List of Pokemon (just fyi, I already have the sprites I need)
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

So, since most everything else is taken care of, the main thing that I need help with is constructing the maps. Also, critique on the unique elements of the game (e.g. Pokémon selection via shoe colour), and help on the occasional script bug.​

Attachments

• bronze title.PNG
      bronze title.PNG
      26.5 KB · Views: 40
    • shinnen_region___digital_by_ken_no_shi-d2z55ai.png
      shinnen_region___digital_by_ken_no_shi-d2z55ai.png
      17.2 KB · Views: 47
    • pokemon_bronze_screenshots_by_ken_no_shi-d2zo22i.gif
      pokemon_bronze_screenshots_by_ken_no_shi-d2zo22i.gif
      315.5 KB · Views: 45
    Last edited:

Pokeman298

Life knows not right nor wrong
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    i like the way this game looks. seems like u put in the effort for this game.

Years
  • This game is not unique in any way, please don't bore us T_T

While it is true I am not integrating any ground-breaking features into this game, that is not it's aim. I am making this game as though to seamlessly fit it in with the other GenIII Pokemon games.
    In that respect it is as unique as one Pokemon game is from another.

@others: Thank you for the compliments. ^_^

Years
  • If I remember the rules correctly, it's not exactly a double post if a certain amount of time passes between posts (can't remember if its 24 hours, or 48 or what, but it's been a week, which I imagine is plenty of time).

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    There already is a game called "Pokemon Cobalt", in the showcase area. So I would drop that name and choose another.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    There already is a game called "Pokemon Cobalt", in the showcase area. So I would drop that name and choose another.

Doesn't really matter much, so long as they show something that makes it easy to make them apart.

Years
  • Please do not bump threads unless you have something meaningful to add.

Apparently, I didn't remember the rules correctly... Much apologies. ^_^'

Doesn't really matter much, so long as they show something that makes it easy to make them apart.

Bugger... I'd rather not use the same name, even if I can figure out a way to tell them apart... Didn't really like Cobalt much anyway... Any other suggestions of blue(ish) metals?

Back