• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rmxp questions

Years
  • okay im new to rmxp. i mean REALLY new and i have a few questions.

here goes .

1) i know you can change the battle system somehow and i was wondering can someone help me (and explain in extreme detail) how to make a battle system that instead of it being enemies top and group bottom, makes it so enemies are on the left and grou[ is on the right (and maybe if possible not in a clear verticle line, maybe dispursed a little).

2) i was wondering if there is any way to make animate the sprite of the battler. i know you can change attacks and the actual picture for the battler but it only supports .bmp, .png and another format (i cant remember the name at the moment), but is there any way to say import animated .gif and set them to loop the animation.

3) is there any way to get one battle sprite to morph into another (say if a sprite was summoning or transforming) and is this done easily or through pits of coding?

okay there are my questions. If anybody can help me out with any of them please PM me about it.

thanks

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • okay im new to rmxp. i mean REALLY new and i have a few questions.

here goes .

1) i know you can change the battle system somehow and i was wondering can someone help me (and explain in extreme detail) how to make a battle system that instead of it being enemies top and group bottom, makes it so enemies are on the left and grou[ is on the right (and maybe if possible not in a clear verticle line, maybe dispursed a little).

2) i was wondering if there is any way to make animate the sprite of the battler. i know you can change attacks and the actual picture for the battler but it only supports .bmp, .png and another format (i cant remember the name at the moment), but is there any way to say import animated .gif and set them to loop the animation.

3) is there any way to get one battle sprite to morph into another (say if a sprite was summoning or transforming) and is this done easily or through pits of coding?

okay there are my questions. If anybody can help me out with any of them please PM me about it.

thanks

Well, first off, this should be posted in the help and request thread. Second, everything you asked for requires scripting, some much more than others.

Years
  • okay

thanks for the help glitchfinder and i apologise about the wrong place. would somebody please move it to the correct thread because i dont want to end up double posting it.

and my next question is, does anybody have the knowledge of the things that i am asking, and if they do could they help me with it

thank you all

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Even if this was to be posted on Help and Request Thread, asking on how to make a Battle System and/or any other system is not allowed.

As is in the Rules for requesting, you can only request simple scripts. Battle systems are very hard to do hence the fact that they represent the part of the game people generally give up.

There a few people here that can do such thing, however it's almost impossible for you to find someone willing to help you out. Again I suggest (as for everyone who PMs me about how to make a CBS) you learn how to script and do it by yourself.

I'm pretty sure that is all the help you'll get around here.

~Azura.

Years
  • okay (i really got to stop starting posts like this)

thank you for enlightening me azura

im sorry, i didnt realise the battle system was so complex and hard.

im sorry about this thread, can it be deleted or removed please.

thank you

Back