• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [RMXP] ROM Hacker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Updated with a new version. Now includes an easy-to-use Pokémon sprite editor - no more tedious indexing, having to memorise image offsets, or sorting out shiny palettes!

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
    You have officially outdone yourself now.

First, you make the de-capitilization patches, and now this?

I am very impressed.

Seeing as how you have the de-cap patch for Emerald, will this program have an ini for Emerald?

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    Question:

We can edit the ? & ?? and missingo sprites, right? I think........
    thats what I thought when i looked at the pictures

It looks good

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    excuse me wichu, I know you should not be concerned about this, but I have a macbook, and am running crossover, the first version worked perfectly, but the new version 1.03 is extremely slow, I have to hold the mouse button down for about ten seconds each time I want to go to the next sprite...I'm wondering if you have any suggestions...

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
    Wichu, you are a god! If you manage to incorporate item sprites, too, this program could very well succeed Unlz.gba as the next generation of ROM hacking! Good work.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You have officially outdone yourself now.

First, you make the de-capitilization patches, and now this?

I am very impressed.

Seeing as how you have the de-cap patch for Emerald, will this program have an ini for Emerald?

Maybe in the future. If you know the offsets, you can actually do this yourself; look at how the other .inis are laid out, and replace the offsets with the ones for Emerald. If you do so, please post it in this thread :)

excuse me wichu, I know you should not be concerned about this, but I have a macbook, and am running crossover, the first version worked perfectly, but the new version 1.03 is extremely slow, I have to hold the mouse button down for about ten seconds each time I want to go to the next sprite...I'm wondering if you have any suggestions...

The first version only had an icon editor. The icon sprites aren't compressed, so they load very fast. However, the Pokémon sprites are compressed, so they take a while to load. I guess running it on Crossover wouldn't really help with that...
    Instead of using the arrows, try clicking the Pokémon's name at the top, and jumping to the Pokémon you want to edit directly.
    The tool is a lot slower compared to tools like unLZ-GBA, since RGSS (the language it's coded in) is interpreted rather than compiled. Basically, your computer has to read and make sense of every line of code in turn, rather than running a precompiled version. Maybe one day I might remake this with another programming language, to make it faster :)

Question:

We can edit the ? & ?? and missingo sprites, right? I think........
    thats what I thought when i looked at the pictures

It looks good
    Yes, you can edit the sprites of the glitch Pokémon.

Wichu, you are a god! If you manage to incorporate item sprites, too, this program could very well succeed Unlz.gba as the next generation of ROM hacking! Good work.
    Item sprites aren't that hard to edit in unLZ-GBA... Unlike Pokémon, which have two sprites (that require matching palettes), items only have one sprite and don't need to worry about matching normal/shiny/back palettes. But I guess it wouldn't be too hard to add...

Years
    Can you add a new feature to this tool?
    I was wondering if you could add a battle backround inserter, so it's much easier for us.
    Well good luck with the progress!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Well, everything in this tool is to do with sprite insertion. So why would he make a bg inserter? Also, why request it if Wichu hasn't even inserted a bg ever?

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Looking at it, and i have to say im impressed. This will make some sprite management easier.

Also Could a TitleScreen editor be a useful asset to this tool? And what about a Trainer sprite editor? Or is this tool only meant for pokemon sprites?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    I download the latest version wow big improvements since you first posted the programs new features and now the program works for me I have one question after you insert a pokemon in a empty slot (? slot)How can you change the name

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
    Maybe in the future. If you know the offsets, you can actually do this yourself; look at how the other .inis are laid out, and replace the offsets with the ones for Emerald. If you do so, please post it in this thread :)

I'd be glad to make an Emerald ini. As you said, I'll post it here when I'm done with it. I don't have a lot of time to do this though, so it might not be done for a while.

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    i have a problem I edit a icon and tryed importing it but this happened
    [RMXP] ROM Hacker XP

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    This tool is perfect for me!
    I want to make a game but also want to hack, thanks for this tool!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Wichu, the problem that narutoactor is saying also happens to me. I think I'll stick to unlz and IconED for the time being, as I am used to and find these tools very easy.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I've uploaded a new version, fixing that bug and another bug MegaMaccer found (it would crash if an imported sprite had more than 16 colours).
    I think your problem was that you didn't have a correctly-named icon in the Icons folder. If that happens now, it should give you a message instead of crashing :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back