• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"ROAR" going first??

luckyCHARMS

filler
    Years
    • Age 34
    • L.A.
    • Seen Feb 7, 2011
    ok so yeah i wus battling this guy from serebii nd i had my claydol up against his skarmory .. he previously set out SR from an earlier turn so i use rapid spid but to my surprise skarm went first with a roar?! so i just went along with it knowing that its a second turn move no matter the speed. my weavile wus forced out. i try ice punching it but yet again roar went first?! my swampert wus forced out so i try switching out to claydol but he roars yet again?! before my switch?! am i going mad or am i going madd?!?! is there even such a cheat for that or is there some fine print rule about roar that i dont kno about?? help me out ppl

scwizard

Starcraft Wizard
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    The bulbapedia article doesn't say anything about it always going second:
    bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Roar

Also I'm pretty sure I've seen it go first before.

luckyCHARMS

filler
    Years
    • Age 34
    • L.A.
    • Seen Feb 7, 2011
    it doesnt say anything about it being a second turn move anywhere but it just is .. im guessing youve never seen roar used eh?

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Obviously, you guys NEVER seen Roar. ROAR & WHIRLWIND ALWAYS GOES LAST. DESPITE SPEED.

The guy obviously cheated. There's a reason Roar & Whirlwind goes last-to prevent that very situation. That Skarmory was invincible. It could never be touched, since it'll always go first & force a switch.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Obviously, you guys NEVER seen Roar. ROAR & WHIRLWIND ALWAYS GOES LAST. DESPITE SPEED.

The guy obviously cheated. There's a reason Roar & Whirlwind goes last-to prevent that very situation. That Skarmory was invincible. It could never be touched, since it'll always go first & force a switch.
    Truth.

However, I'm interested in how the guy actually managed to cheat the "cast speed" of Roar.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Trick Room doesn't effect Speed priorities right?

(Only suggesting it because CHARMS ever so loves Trick Room)

For the record, both Whirlwind and Roar have a speed priority at 250

scwizard

Starcraft Wizard
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    That's what I thought, but what he was saying confused me. I wouldn't think it would be possible to hack stuff like that.

Phatkav

Zero Creativity
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2021
    He cheated. Simple

Though I wonder how he was able to hack the game and make Roar always goes first. PokeSav doesn't do it and I don't believe there is an AR code that does it.

This guy is good hacker.

Kreaps

_
    Years
    The only time Roar/Whirlwind would go second if it's between two Pokemon who both used Roar/Whirlwind, then the faster of the two Pokemon goes first. It happened to me once and that caught me by surprise.

luckyCHARMS

filler
    Years
    • Age 34
    • L.A.
    • Seen Feb 7, 2011
    nd to answer if trickroom were up .. it wus not. even if it were up .. roar/whirlwind still goes last .. mann i got crazy cheated! .. but im wondering how the dude did it .. i didnt think i wus possible to hack in such a way .. crazy hacking skills i guess

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    By any chance he didnt use Steep Talk with Skarmory did he , because that bypasses it going last.

Back