• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

• Rock Band

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Guitar Hero

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • None of em

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

GoodlyMike

The Comedian
    Years
    I prefer Rock Band, I think the setup is alot better. Also, I think the buttons on the guitar are alot easier to press, the ones on Guitar Hero are too small. But thats just me, what do you think?

Years
    Guitar Hero!
    I loved it since the first game.

I am that sad, I have to complete them all on expert!
    I only got decent at the end of II! ><'

jaimelectric

Has finally obtained all 493!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    Never played Rock Band, to be honest, but I LOVE guitar hero. It's a game that I can play with my friends who don't play guitar. hahha

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    GH1/2/3 >>>> Rock Band
    GH4 <<<< Rock Band 2

hmm.

Not going to vote.

GoodlyMike

The Comedian
    Years
    Rock Band is far more superior, I just think Guitar Hero is over rated, there is always a new one coming out. Rock Band doesnt do that.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Haven't played Rock Band, but I own the first four renditions of Guitar Hero, and I enjoy them all. I've never liked how Rock Band's notes looked. Guitar Hero's notes are circular and they just seem easier to hit.

But obviously I'm going off of a view, not having actually played Rock Band. :>

GoodlyMike

The Comedian
    Years
    If you ever get the chance, try playing Rock Band. The note setup is alot better than Guitar Hero. It is much easy to play the notes too.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Rock Band, obviously. In all fields from gameplay to presentation; it wins out. Not surprising, given it's the original GH devs <3

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    After playing both for a consistent amount of time, Guitar Hero is far superior. Mainly because I like the song choices made by Neversoft and Red Octane more than Harmonix, and Guitar Hero has a way more accurate note precision system.

GoodlyMike

The Comedian
    Years
    After playing both for a consistent amount of time, Guitar Hero is far superior. Mainly because I like the song choices made by Neversoft and Red Octane more than Harmonix, and Guitar Hero has a way more accurate note precision system.
    Rock Band is better in my opinion, though Guitar Hero 2 was really good.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I say rock band is better. It has a much larger playlist to choose songs from than guitar hero, besides, guitar hero went from guitars only to a full band and still kept its original title.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    hard for me to say. I own Guitar Hero, never have played Rock Band, but my stupid guitar keeps breaking. I find that it is kind of hard to play drums on Guitar Hero as well. Maybe I just suck at Guitar Hero :laugh:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I've only got Guitar Hero so I can't really say too much about Rock Band. I thought the two were very similar, except just made by different companies?

But I wouldn't really mind either one. I just like its concept and I've never had the spare time to learn an actual guitar (even though I really want to).

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    ... and Guitar Hero has a way more accurate note precision system.

Not quite. Rock Band has a smaller timing window than Guitar Hero, so that's why songs are easier to play on Guitar Hero. Rock Band is more challenging and forces the player to hit the notes more accurately.

Anyway, I choose Rock Band. I like the idea of playing with a full four-player band. I thought I get the same thrill with GH:WT, but sadly, I just thought of it as some rip-off. Not to mention Rock Band completely dominates Guitar Hero when it comes to their music library, consisting over 500 songs.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I've got to vote for Rock Band, its made by the original creators of Guitar Hero, who were kinda kicked to the curb after making Rocks the 80s, when Neversoft took over the franchise. So, in a way, a vote for Rock Band is a vote for the original 3 Guitar Heroes. Not to mention it has the "Still Alive" song from Portal as DLC.

Back