• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rock Smash/Cut "reload" tutorial

Is the tutorial needed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Syllyra

Pokémon Underground: Surfacing
Years
  • Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask if a tutorial on how to make it possible for rock smash rocks to come back is needed.

Just use the poll for your answer.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Yes, why not? I'm not sure why people would want the things to respawn (presumably after leaving the map), but it's nice to know you can.

The information may well find its way onto the wiki (see my signature), if that's all right by you.

Syllyra

Pokémon Underground: Surfacing
    Years
  • Yes, why not? I'm not sure why people would want the things to respawn (presumably after leaving the map), but it's nice to know you can.

The information may well find its way onto the wiki (see my signature), if that's all right by you.

You understood what I meant :P
    People (like myself) could make fakemon/normal pokemon unique to smashable rocks. If someone is unlucky and never gets that specific pokemon after he smashed them all, he will be (very) disappointed. (I know I would :P)

I have no problems with the tutorial being in the wiki :)

NOTE: the poll will be closed around April the 13th. Then the poll will decide if the tutorial will exist :)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Not even that's necessary. The event is erased as part of the Rock Smash/Cut script.

In which case, turn the tutorial into a "How to make the trees/rocks stay gone after you break them".

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Why don't you make it, so that the rock smash event disappears for 24 hours after you smash it, then it will "respawn" after 24 hours. Check the notes on how to do this.

Back