• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rocket Recruit [OOC]

steffyace

You can call me Meg
Years
  • Rocket Recruit
    Rated PG-13
    For scenes of mild violence and minor swearing

This is the Ooc Thread of my Role-play called Rocket Recruit. You can read all about it if you follow this link below.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=215199

All Questions, Comments, and Talking in Ooc will take place in this thread.
    Also any SU's that still need to be sent in will go on this Thread instead of the RP one. Thank you.
    Everyone here may call me Ace, pleasure to meet you.

Plot Information
    Spoiler:

Role-Play Information
    |
    v

Rules for the Role-Play Thread

1. You must be active in this role-play, or you will be kicked out, sorry.
    2. No godmodding, power playing, or bunnying
    3. Posts with Quality and Quantity are required
    4. I have the right to remove you from this role-play if you break more than one rule
    5. Try to shoot for proper grammar, I understand the basic mistakes but please, if they are constant I must ask you to slow down and read it over before posing
    6. Reservations are Accepted. 24 Hour Limit

Valuable Information

In this RP the Pokemon do not level up like in the games, instead they evolve by experience. They, sadly, don't learn any new moves, the ones they have are the ones they stick with for the rest of the rp EXCEPT - I will at one point in the rp grant you a new very powerful move and you can choose how your Pokemon learns it. Also, if you wish to catch a wild Pokemon you must end your post with the Pokeball shaking, and I shall decide your fate based on the quality of your post. This RP will go in Chapters. Most things will be different for the five different people but it all still follows the same plot. I will tell you when your Pokemon can evolve into its next stage, and you can choose if you want it to or not. I hope you have fun!

Any questions not answered here can be posted on this thread or through a PM

Available Pokémon Starters

Spoiler:

Name: (first and last, and any nicknames they might go by)
    Appearance: (I require at least two detailed paragraphs. Make sure to include skin color, hair, normal clothing, et cetera)
    Personality: (at least two detailed paragraph. I want to know all about this person and how they act)
    History: (where did they grow-up at? What made them who they are today? Details people, at least one detailed paragraph, two would be amazing)
    Pokémon: (which starter do you wish to have?)
    Role-Play Sample: (you may use a recycled one)

Taken Pokemon & Trainer Information
    Spoiler:

Taken Positions
    (Max is five)

Mira : Cyndaquil
    THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY! : Totodile
    Kon~ : Pidgey
    King! : Chikorita
    RESERVED - Rabbit : Mareep

[/COLOR]

Last edited:

King!

better
    Years
  • Hello! In the sudden wave of new RP's, yours looks the most reasonable, and the funnest. :P I understand all of the spots are reserved, but if anyone fails to reach their reservation date, I was wondering if you could notify me. Nice RP!

Happy, Mira?

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
    Years
  • Name: Tsuyatsuya "Chiko" Hoshi
    Appearance: Tsuyatsuya wears his bangs usually past his eyes, not allowing to see them, however, when the wind blows strong enough, his dark green eyes are revealed. His hair is of a black color, and is uncombed, and blows in the wind. His skin color varies on the environment, lighter in urban areas, darker in forests, usually tan on any beach, always with a yellow tone. He has a scar on his left arm, which just suddenly appeared there, unknowingly, and a birth mark on his forehead looking much like a leaf. This birthmark had been blue at birth, however, as time went by, became red.
    Tsuyatsuya wears a grey "Jansport" backpack, appearing full, because he's packed his cloth, potions, and other useful things in there, including two Level Balls he's received from Kurt, and a box of matches. He wears a leather belt around his waste, which is marked with his initials, carrying his Poke Balls. The fingerless gloves on his hands have small burn marks on them, probably from doing some handy work. A leather shirt is worn outside his T-shirt, and it has a picture of a Poke ball in the back. He wears very loose fitting, dark colored jeans, and shoes matching his cloth.
    Personality: Tsuyatsuka, otherwise known as "Chiko", is very short tempered in the morning. After a few hours, he calms down, almost to a point that he's completely stagnant. He has no true intention of winning battles, usually pointing out that they are completely pointless, he still, however, will accept to battle under any circumstances, and if not always, then usually wins. At trainer school, he is usually made fun of for his personality, but at the same time, people who understand him, get to like him, and he quickly befriends them. Due to his crappy (PG-13 says I can say this) childhood, he is a very quick thinker, and gets himself out of trouble, very easily.
    • History: Tsuyatsuka was born and raised in Azalea Town by his mother and father, until they had died, when he was ten. After his parents funeral, he gained an empathic bond with grass type Pokemon, seemingly drawn to them. When he was eight years old, he decided for an apprentice ship with Kurt, making Poke Balls from Apricorns, he was skilled, and learned eventually made his own balls, and specializes in making level balls. Tsuyatsuka was given the nickname Chiko after a trainer showed off his chikorita at his school, Tsuyatsuka, being drawn to grass types, began to communicate with the trainer's Pokemon, and commanded it at one point, until it was recalled back to it's Poke Ball by its trainer, and although it was given to him by his peers, he usually does not wish to be known by this name.
    Months after the incident, his friends suggested he'd become a trainer, and at midnight, he took a train, thinking it would go to New Bark Town. The next morning, he found himself in Golden Rod City, tired, and moody. He immediately got off the train, and asked where he was. Having no more money to get on the train back to Azalea Town, he found a job making Poke Balls, at the local Poke Mart. At one point, his photo was hung on the wall of the Poke Mart, and a generic Rocket Grunt defaced it, giving him buck-theeth and a Hitler Mustache. After that point, he's had a dislike for rocket members.
    • Pokémon:
    Rocket Recruit [OOC]

• Role-Play Sample: Here's something I made up:
    Tsuyatsuka took the ball out of the furnace, and put it in cold water. Steam rushes quickly to his face. He murmurs to himself "Another job done, and another salary". He brushes his hands off on his jeans, and puts the ball in a large sack. He takes the sack and stuffs it in a cardboard box. He then tapes it with duct tape, and brings it to the manager of the Poke Mart.

steffyace

You can call me Meg
    Years
  • assasinn
    Spoiler:

King!
    Spoiler:

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Name: Lodovico "Vico" Silvio

Physical Appearance: Vico is about 5"5 feet tall. His physique is somewhere between thin and average, leaning closer to average. His arms are also quite small, not quite skin and bones, but noticeable. His hands are also smooth as silk. This would probably be due to the amount of manual work he would do. His skin is rather pale shade, as if he needed a tan. His hair is jet black, moderately short and rather straight. It also points out in the middle at the top. Vico also makes sure it doesn't sag onto his face at all. He needs his physical appearance to stay as perfect as it can be. And finally, his eyes are a dark shade of brown.

On the clothes side of things, Vico is wearing comfortable, black jeans. He would never think of letting them sag so he always wears a nice, black, belt to keep it from going down too low. His sneakers are both black and white, they were both comfortable and still functional in not breaking down. His socks go just above his ankles and are eggshell white. His outfit is completed with a polo shirt. One that is horizontally striped and flips between beige and white. It also has the number 57 over the heart area in a simple, Serif font. It's as long as any average T-shirt. He'll always have his collar down and it buttoned all the way up.

Personality: Vico likes things to be perfect. He always tries to make sure things are done right. He doesn't like failing and will make sure that all necessary precautions are taken so that things can be as good as they can possibly be. He also likes to give his all and then some. He'll give 200% and then give 210%. This ties in with his perfectionism, he will put his sweat, blood and tears into things. When he starts something he always makes sure to finish it. He's also pretty smart. He always thinks critically and outside of the box. He always tries to find new and creative ways to solve his problems so that everything he does can be, you guessed it, perfect. And finally, he tends to want as much challenge as he can get. If something is too easy for him, he'll intentionally make it harder. He hates when things are too easy so he's constantly looking for a challenge.

Although, Vico is quite bossy. The ultimate example of 'My way or the highway'. Although he does like things to be perfect, this has caused him to always want to take the helm and make sure no one does anything wrong. He's headstrong to the highest degree. Also, he's pretty cocky and a little pretentious. He's always sure that he will be the one that comes out on top. He'll always expect that victory will always be right in his fingertips. He's also a bit of a snoop. He's always trying to act like Sherlock Holmes at any given interval. When he finds something that perplexes him, he'll go find out what it is, whether it's his business or not.

History: Vico was born and raised in a nice, high-class house in Hearthome City. His younger childhood was always happy, filled with joy and life seemed sweet as honey. It felt like retirement about seventy or so years early. Vico was also the was the fourth of four children. They were all quite successful in what they did. Always getting As, bringing home trophies, always being that sort of ideal family that you always wish your apart of because it would seem nice. Being the the last of several, highly successful siblings, he always felt that he had a goal in life, a goal that he needed to meet before his life ends. A goal which he decided not just to meet, but to surpass, 10 fold. He was always determined from his goal of wanting to reach the high level of his siblings. That level of meeting perfection, and then finding a way, some way to get above perfection. And to get there, a single mistake would do nothing other than hold him down, so he always made sure that he would get used to making sure everything around him is perfect and that he takes any precautions to make sure it stays that way. But going to school in pre-teens, he saw that perfection wasn't in the minds of everyone so he always took it upon himself to make sure things stayed perfect. And honestly, it seemed like he was on his way. He was no disgrace to his family, he always tried and he always succeeded. He felt as if victory would always be a stone's throw away.

RP SAMPLE:
    Spoiler:

Anything I need to improve on? ;D

Last edited:

King!

better
    Years
  • I just realized that the SU in the OOC thread, and the SU form in the main thread have two different paragraph limitations. >.<

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • Hmm...looks like King is reserving Chikorita. Darn. If any spots open, please let me know! I'd be interested in any starter. XP

Last edited:

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • Can I please reserve Chikorita then? (Sorry bout the whole Charmander thing. XP )

I'll have my SU up tomorrow morning. :3 Thanks!

killer-g

S to the o
    Years
  • Name: Sergio Zachary 'The Smiling Boy' Silva

Appearance: Sergio is a boy, which has black, long and curly hair. He is around 5'5, he has a light brown skin colour, he has brown eyes, and he has a scar on the left side of his right eye. He is a little chubby. Normally he wears a blue pair of jeans, and a black shirt which says: Yes I can Catch Them All. He also wears a white pair of pika air force.

Sergio sometimes also wears a black vest and a pair of grey tranings pants and a grey pair of pika air force. Sergio is always smiling and therefor sometimes is called 'The Smiling Boy'.

Personality: Sergio is a very carring boy, he cares for every person who looks like he or she is in trouble, when someone is wounded or when a pokemon is wounded, he usually is the first to cal a hospital or a pokemon center. He is always smiling, because he loves life and enjoys everything in it. He hates cocky people and arrogant people, because they think that the world is all about them.

Sergio loves pokemon and therefor takes very good care of them, he knows pokemon by their footprint and thats why he is always prepared when he sees a footprint of a dangerous pokemon. When Sergio is in a tough situation he always gets scared and starts hyperventilating. This has gotten a bit less, but when the situation is extreme he won't be able to act and he will be paralyzed.

History: Sergio was born in Azalea town, he lived there for ten years with his mother and father. They moved to goldenrod city when Sergio was ten, where they started their own pokemon breeding center. This is where Sergio learned to know the footprints of the pokemon that came there to be raised stronger. One day when Sergio was twelve he wanted to become a pokemon trainer, but his parents didn't let him go. Sergio ran away from home, trying to make his way to Newbark Town, but halfway he was attacked by a group of ratatta, he was found wounded on the ground near Azalea Town, by one of the few friends of his parents. The Friend brought him to the Hospital, he managed to recover, but he now has a permanent scar on the left side of his right eye. Now 3 years later he finally got permission to leave for his 'Journey'.

Pokemon: Mareep 'Sparks'
    Rocket Recruit [OOC]

Roleplay sample:
    Sergio and kaiser were walking towards route 1 just whn they entered the forest they saw two trainers arguing. Sergio looked kind of astonished at the trainers

"Electabuzz, is stronger than Magmar. He has a stronger physical and special attack. Your pathetic Magmar can't compare to that." yelled the man in yellow.

"Magmar, is stronger than Electabuzz. He has a stronger physical and special attack. Your pathetic Electabuzz can't compare to that." yelled the man in red.

Sergio watched as they were arguing, kaiser walked up to them he examined them from up to down, he saw that he was also comparing the pokemons with each other "you and your pokemon look just the same as your opposites you are equal", kaiser said. The men looked up to kaiser amazed and they started to talk. "We are not equal, my Pokemon is the stronger one!" yelled both men at the same time. "I will prove how more powerful my Pokemon is, we challenge you!" yelled the men again.

"I accept your challenge, it's me and my partner versus you guys. Seirgo, get over here and prepare to battle!" yelled Kaiser. Mime Jr. took his position and prepared to battle.

Sergio walked up to the place where the battle took place. "I'll take the yellow guy, you take the one in red", Sergio said pretty confident. "Go snorunt, it is time for a battle."
    "Is your snorunt going to compete against my amazing electabuzz pathetic", the guy in yellow said. "Just wait and see, Snorunt use your ice beam under the the ground where the electabuzz is standing", Sergio commanded his pokemon. Snorunt let a blueish beam come out of his mouth and he freezed the ground under the electabuzz leaving the electabuzz unstable and falling under the ground. "Electabuzz jump, and use thunderpunch", the guy in yellow commanded his pokemon.

The electabuzz jumped right in front of snorunt and punched right in the face sending it off flying and letting it hit a tree. "Snorunt are you okay", sergio asked, Snorunt nodded. "Okay, use ice beam on electabuzz and then use headbutt", Sergio said. Snorunt started running toward electabuzz while sending an ice beam towards it freezing it and he headbutted the electabuzz into a k.o. "O NO electabuzz how could you lose against this whimp", the guy in yellow said while crying. "good job Snorunt", Sergio said while calling back snorunt, after the battle Sergio looked towards kaisers battle how was he doing?

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Here's my SU - hopefully it's ok, as I've tried to avoid any Sue-ness and make my character genuine, etc. etc.

Name: Allison Jones (known to family only as "Ally"; known to RR as "Jones")

Appearance: Jones is a moderately tall, thin girl at around 5'6" and weighing about 130lbs. She has very long, bushy brown hair down to her waist which she often ties in bunches or lets hang free down her back, and she experiments with colouring it as she thinks plain mousey brown is boring, and so appears in a range of browns, blacks and reds. She has tanned skin, only slightly, though, as she is naturally pale. Her eyes are wide and grey-blue, giving her an appearance of innocence. Her face is slightly wide but well-shaped, with a rounded chin and her nose is straight and narrow. In all, she appears almost "generic" in that she could be mistaken for someone else quite easily. Being tall, however, she is not graceful - a teenager's growth spurt has left her slightly clumsy with her movement and she is in contempt of her pointy elbows and knees.

Within Team Rocket and the Rocket Recruits, Jones wears the assigned uniform, but in her own time, she tends to wear clothes that she deems simple. This can range from skinny jeans to jeggings and she likes to wear tight t-shirts, smock tops or long t-shirts as dresses. Her favourite jacket is black leather, but even she can admit defeat in the summer months, when she is forced to leave her jacket at home. However, nothing can stop her from wearing the shoes she loves - often pointy silver Chelsea boots or black cowboy boots, and even, on a rare occasion, knee-high white boots. Her most common outfit is black skinny jeans, the silver Chelsea boots - which have a cuban heel, which isn't the most practical thing in the world when travelling long distances - a tight, flourescent pink t-shirt and her black leather jacket. The jacket has a patch on the sleeve which identifies her as a member of the Houndoom Horns Motorbike Squadron: Eterna Faction, which is not the case, as she has never been anywhere near a motorbike; she just likes the image it gives of her.

Jones has an array of Pokémon-themed hats that she breaks out in moments of high spirits. One is shaped like the horns of a Girafarig; one is like a Pidgeot's plume; one is like the eyes of a Poliwhirl etc. etc. She seems to have a hat for every occasion without the needed storage space for such a number - this is easily explained by the fact that they are soft fabric and fold up very small, and so can take up room within other items of clothing.

Personality: Jones's mind is a wonderful thing - she is imaginative and full of whimsy, telling magical stories to herself. This air-headedness comes across in her personality, as she is sometimes miles away and oblivious to what is happening around her. However, once she is set on something, she will go for it, no matter how impossible it seems. It is thoughts like this that cause her to divert upon quizzical tangents to her original aim, often for something that means nothing to anyone else. She is good at following instructions otherwise, and has a good memory. While not an expert, she can handle Pokémon is battle and recognises stressful situations as being, in a way, just like a match. Using this analogy, she thinks her way through situations one step at a time. Her general disposition is cheery but quick to anger, and equally quick to calm.

In terms of general mannerisms, Jones has many. While thinking, she will place her left index finger on the center of her chin, and when sad or ashamed, she will run both hands through her hair, ruffling it up as she goes. She crosses her arms only ever to restrain herself, as she hates how it makes her look to be stood with both arms at her chest. There is no particular reason for this hatred; she simply dislikes the stance. Jones also has a tendancy to stand with both hands on her hips; again, there is no reason but habit.

It is worth noting that Jones has an rational fear of bats, and by definition, bat Pokémon, including the Zubat line and Gligar line. Another quirk to her personality is that she collects ring pulls from aluminium cans and keeps them in a little box.

History: Jones was born and raised in Viridian City, a quaint setting beside the expanse of Viridian Forest. As a child, she played with wild Pokémon without worry, often chasing after Pidgey or poking Weedle with a stick. Her parents, both kind, hard-working people, warned her of the dangers of wild Pokémon, and while catious, Jones still believed that all Pokémon were gentle and loving. However, during a sleepover at a friends house at the age of just seven, Jones was dared to go into the Forest alone and stay there for an hour. Jones, being headstrong, agreed and entered the Forest. For a long time, she was fine, as the only company was the stray Oddish who had ventured out after sundown. At that point, however, she head low voices talking. She moved towards them and was met by three men in black uniforms, who panicked when she appeared and set their Pokémon on her. She was attacked by the man's Golbat and left with cuts on her arms and face, as well as having been poisoned by the Golbat's teeth. When her friends discovered her, she was rushed to hospital and spent weeks in recovery.

After that incident, she was initially terrified of all Pokémon, but with her parent's help, became empathetic towards them again: except for bats, as she identified them with the one who attacked her; her physical scars had completely healed but that single mental one still remained. On the eve of her tenth birthday, she was due to be Flown to New Back Town in order to start a journey with a Pokémon, but due to a series of strange events, her ride never came, and she thought herself ignored or rejected. As her friends all left, she became alone and longing to journey, but never worked up the courage to set off alone, nor to make her way to Pallet, the 'starting town' of her own region. In time, Jones took up further education at the Jubilife Trainer's School in Sinnoh, but still neglected to begin her own journey. Reports came in of strange people hanging around major cities; places like Slateport, Goldenrod and, of course, Jubilife. She, with many others, was evactuated as she had no way of protecting herself or fighting. This shamed her, and prompted her to finally begin a journey.

By the time Jones reached Johto, there were further reports of the people hanging around Goldenrod, and a glance on TV revealed a terrifiing truth to her. She immediately recognised the black uniform from her ambush as as a child. She knew she wanted to find the one who did that to her and show him what she thought of him. Thus, her true journey began...

Pokémon: Pidgey - nicknamed "Plume" if possible

Role-Play Sample: From "The Blinding Whiteness" at The Clan
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Name: Audra Love

Appearance: Audra is a girl who is used to being referred to as "cute." The fact that she stands a mere 5'3" inches in height, coupled with her lithe build and heart-shaped face, makes her the picture of gentle innocence. Her hands are slender and lined with several faded scars, the only sign on her of her work with weapons, other than the knife that is always hidden at her side. She keeps her fingernails carefully filed and painted a dark shade of red. Her overall complexion is rather fair and easily burned in sunlight. Audra's bright green eyes stare with a sharp intensity from beneath stray wisps of black hair, which always seemed to escape from her tight ponytail. Her arms and legs are actually rather toned, but that is often overlooked on account of her small size.
    When it comes to clothing, Audra cares only for function. In the way of footwear, she typically wears a plain pair of black tennis shoes, which are well-worn with use. She wears a pair of dark-wash jeans with a belt used to hold her PokeBalls. Her knife is a simple switchblade, the blade itself being about four inches long. It is always kept perfectly clean, though it does occasionally get dirty. Audra always wears a plain black zip-up hoodie, only going so far as to tie it around her waist when it grows hot, revealing the dark red camisole underneath. She carries around any items she may need in a black shoulder bag, in which everything is organized and ready for use. On her wrist, she always wears and extra hair-tie, not wanting to run the risk of having her hair whip around freely. The only thing that Audra wears in the way of jewelry is a simple silver chain with a moderately sized ruby pendant hanging from it, which she never takes off.

Personality: Audra is an incredibly practical person. She will never interact with another person unless she sees that doing so would potentially benefit her. And even when she does find another person to be useful, Audra always prefers to work by herself for fear that said person would mess up in a way that could have easily been avoided. Needless to say, she is not very sympathetic toward the weaknesses of others. She will always carefully evaluate a situation before entering it, trying to find the best possible way to go about her own actions. There is nothing Audra hates more than not having control over any given situation and feels completely powerless to do anything. Audra always has to keep working in some way or another, otherwise she becomes even more irritable than usual. If worse comes to worse, Audra will attempt to keep herself busy through reading, though she rarely ever finishes a book before she finds a better use for her time.
    Audra is a very quick thinker and is skilled at problem-solving. She utilizes her unimpressive figure to give people around her a false sense of security and hopefully underestimate her. She can take on a different personality easily, making it even more easy for her to convince others that she is not a threat. She will not hesitate to make a decision that could potentially end in bloodshed if she thinks that it is necessary for her to reach her goal and won't allow anyone to get in her way.

History: Audra never knew her biological parents. Having been moved from foster home to foster home for her entire life, Audra just assumed that would be how she lived her life. For as long as she could remember, Audra had been fascinated by the creatures called Pokemon. Some of her earliest memories involve her reading about Pokemon and trying to draw them out of the woods with treats. When she turned 10, however, Audra walked out of her foster home and decided that she would find a way to go on her own Pokemon Journey, having been enticed by the glamorous stories of unlikely Trainers rising up to conquer the Pokemon League. Unfortunately, it's rather difficult to become a Pokemon Trainer when one doesn't have a Pokemon, so Audra was basically doomed from the start. Growing increasingly more desperate when her dreams faded further and further from her reach, Audra resorted to attempting to steal a Pokemon. Still being 10 years old and having a subtleness that fit her age, Audra was quickly apprehended by another Pokemon of her would-be victim. Instead of returning Audra to the custody of the government, the man said that he would allow her to keep the Pokemon she had attempted to steal if she agreed to help him run his natural remedy shop and take care of his other Pokemon. So Audra spent the next few years of her life quietly working in his shop and building a relationship with her Pokemon. Whenever Audra asked if she would be able to start Training, the man would change the subject, making it very clear that he wouldn't discuss it further. One day, the man returned to his home appearing to be very agitated. He refused to talk about what was wrong, but he suddenly told Audra that he would teach her how to defend herself. She obediently did as she was told, learning everything from hand-to-hand combat to how to fire a gun. One day, however, the man didn't return. Tracing his disappearance to a sudden resurgence in Team Rocket, Audra decided that she would do whatever it took to find out just what happened to him.

Pokémon: Cyndaquil

Role-Play Sample:
    Spoiler:

steffyace

You can call me Meg
    Years
  • I have corrected the mistake of the SU format requirements. Those first found in the non Ooc thread were the right requirements, and those found on this were not. I have changed my mistake, sorry for any confusion.

THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY!
    Spoiler:

killer-g
    Spoiler:

Kon~
    Spoiler:

Mira
    Spoiler:

Rabbit
    Spoiler:

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Kon~
    Spoiler:

Ah, sorry! That sample was from a long time ago, but it was the only one I could find as the last RP I was in dissappeared mysteriously, and I couldn't retrieve a sample from there. I can promise you, though, my skills have improved immensely and I will try my hardest to create long and substantial posts!

Anyhoo, thank you for accepting me! I'll do my best! ~♪

EDIT: Oh, and sorry about this too, but I added a little to my 'clothing' section - nothing major, but I don't want people to be confused.

Last edited:

King!

better
    Years
  • Name: Bryan King

Appearance: Bryan is five feet, eleven inches tall, and an average corresponding weight of 160 pounds. He isn't skinny, but he isn't overweight either. Growing up in New Bark he was pale, because of the trees that surrounded the town, but after his family started travelling his skin got more color. Also because of the travelling, Bryan often played outside with his siblings, and this led him to get more fit. He has big hands and feet. Bryan's eyes are a very light blue. His hair is dark brown in color, and goes down to his eyes, covering his ears and curling up at the ends.

Bryan doesn't have a very selective wardrobe, since the money spent on clothing had to be evenly distributed between him and his siblings. However, he is able to share clothes with his twin, widening his choices a bit. His favorite choice are dark blue jeans that are torn near the bottom edges, and a green shirt with two robots on it, and Robo-Mance in tiny white lettering. His regular, everyday shoes are white tennis shoes, which he has a couple of pairs of (his twin and him get their shoes mixed up frequently). He doesn't like to wear hats because he doesn't think he looks good in them. He does own a few differently colored rubber bracelets with words on them (like livestrong bracelets). He owns a few bathing suits and a tuxedo, although it is too big for him. His appearance is topped off with a thin, rope bracelet that he got from his twin, who has a matching one.

Personality: Bryan was mature for his age growing up, and so he handled all of his family members, and the moving around so much, well. While these situations might stress someone Bryan's age out, he took them calmly and never worried much about them. However, Bryan does worry occasionally, usually about his younger siblings doing something stupid. Bryan has twelve siblings, and was born right in the middle of all of them with an identical twin, Matt. His oldest brother, Sam, is thirty, and his youngest brother, Kory, is seven. The King's spread a wide range of ages, and Bryan's six older siblings have already moved out on their journeys. While Bryan is very protective of his five younger siblings (and sometimes his twin, who is a lot more reckless), and a bit intimidated by his older siblings. Bryan is afraid that he won't turn out to be successful like his brothers, and is often compared to them. Despite this, he loves his family more than anything else.

Bryan listens well, and his success in education was due to his ability to pay attention. He has a good memory, and this helped him in school too. He is cautious and careful sometimes as well. Bryan has always been terrible at sports that require hand-eye coordination, such as basketball, baseball, and tennis. Through school Bryan was focused on his studies, and didn't make very many friends. This is also because of how he moved around a lot, and since his parents were busy all the time, Bryan became independent; he was able to cook, do his laundry, and never needed help with his homework. His best friend was his brother. Lastly, Bryan is afraid of quite a few things: water, bugs, heights, and the dark are a few of them. Because he is afraid of these things to a high extent, he comes across as cowardly.

History: Bryan has lived in Johto all his life, although due do his father's fieldwork, his family moves around the region quite a bit. His dad works as a field agent for the professor of Johto, and his job requires him to travel around the region identifying species of Pokémon and recording the amount of Pokémon in a certain area. Bryan's mother stays at home with Bryan's younger siblings. Bryan was born in New Bark Town, and stayed there for the first several years of his life, where he attended a private school next door to the lab. Bryan enjoyed school and worked hard, and easily 'graduated' from New Bark Elementary. Around this time, when Bryan was ten, his final brother, Kory was born, and his dad was notified that his new job would have him travelling around the region.

Bryan didn't want to leave New Bark, but didn't put up much of a fight, understanding the importance of his father's job. The family packed up, and the nine of them (Bryan's mother, father, and six siblings; six had already left on a journey) continued across the region. Moving around was difficult at first, but eventually Bryan and his family got used to it. They stayed in the nearest inns and PokeCenters, and whilst in the middle of wilderness, they pitched a few tents. The pattern continued and although Bryan found it monotonous, he had his siblings for entertainment; he taught them himself because they were on the road so much. Until one day, while the family was stopping in Goldenrod City, an old team terrorized the city. Bryan remembered them from his history lessons, although they'd only talked about them briefly: Team Rocket.

While watching the news in the lobby of the PokeCenter they were staying it, Bryan was interrupted by a strange woman - who offered him a spot on a group called Rocket Recruit. Visions of excitement, adrenaline, flashed through Bryan's mind. Who wouldn't want to be the hero? And getting away from this boring life, always moving. It would have its downsides too; not being able to tell his family, lying to them… and his twin. He would have to take that risk. The RR needed him. Catching his mom while she was on the phone, he swiftly asked if he could go on a journey. Without asking details, she nodded, like usual when she was trying to do ten too many things at once. Bryan snuck down to the lobby at midnight, meeting the girl form before. He accepted her invitation.

Pokemon: Mareep (sorry, if this isn't okay I'll take Chikorita)

RP Sample:

Spoiler:

~From slls81's A New Professor In Town...

Last edited:

steffyace

You can call me Meg
    Years
  • King!
    Spoiler:

THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY!
    Spoiler:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • Name: Jason Straub

Appearance: Jason is a tall, muscled teenager with lightly tanned skin and large hands. He has short black hair and small, dark eyes that stare solemnly from under big, bushy eyebrows. His nose is awkwardly large and rather pear-shaped. When he is silent, his mouth is slack, which makes him seem rather clueless, but this isn't actually the case. He is very deliberate in his movements but has no grace at all, and shuffles when he walks.

Jason has never given much attention to clothes. He has two pairs of jeans, both stained with paint and oil, and wears fawn yellow work boots practically year-round. He wears monochromatic T-shirts and shapeless knit sweaters in muted shades. He also has a navy blue hooded jacket for cold weather.

Personality: Jason is a pretty simple guy. He doesn't ask for much from life - food, a roof over his head, some human company. He thinks of himself as pretty capable and self-reliant. Everything he does is purposeful. His first aim - looking out for himself. Jason prefers watching quietly to blowing his mouth off. When he does talk, he speaks his mind confidently. Jason values honesty in business dealings and respects the value of a careful lie in all other matters. He is somewhat distrustful of people around him, assuming that they don't always have his best interests in mind. However, if you do him a good turn, he will find some way to return the favour.

History: Jason grew up in Olivine City in a lower class family, the oldest child with two brothers and a sister. His father ran a small car repair shop out of their garage. Jason learned the trade from him, tinkering with motors and tightening screws since he could be trusted to hold a wrench, and he got to be a pretty decent mechanic by the time he was sixteen. It was assumed that he would take over the business after his father.

Unfortunately, it was not to be. Someone was careless with a cigarette and a fire burnt down most of the garage. The family fell on hard times and was forced to move to a smaller house where the four children felt quite cramped. Jason felt his parents looking at him, wondering when he would move out. (If sixteen seems like an early age to be kicking your eldest out of the nest, well, the Straub family had different family values.)

Jason knew he had to find a job first. At the time, demand for mechanics in Olivine seemed to have dried up. From a friend of a friend (who also worked in car repair), Jason heard that there might be a job for him in Goldenrod. He packed a rucksack and set off. When he got there, it turned out that there were no serious openings. The most he could have was a job washing cars. Fortunately, the friend of a friend said he could hole up in his apartment for a few days. Jason kicked around Goldenrod for a little while, trying to get his bearings. Its size stupefied him. He was sure that he could find some way to make money here.

Jason quickly discovered that people here were crazy about Pokemon. Of course Olivine City had a gym, but Pokemon weren't quite as popular. Here, every second person on the street had a jigglypuff or meowth following them. Pokemon Centres were more common than hospitals. Impromptu battles were constantly being struck up in shady alleys. Jason joined the spectators betting on the outcome. Making a meagre income this way, he found himself sucked into the shadier side of Pokemon - street battles.

Here, there seemed to be only one, unspoken, rule - don't kill the other guy's Pokemon. Still, there was plenty of blood. Someone was always on the watch to scatter the rest if the police arrived. Jason made friends with a particularly successful contender, hoping to learn the tricks of the trade. He grasped that most of the participants were amateurs who had found their Pokemon rummaging through a trash can. That is, most were unlicensed Trainers, and this was the most illegal part of the whole affair. There was a fine for battling without a license, and your Pokemon could end up confiscated. Present at a successful police raid, Jason decided that wasn't going to happen to him. He was going to get licensed before he got into anything. He asked friends, scouted message boards, and finally found a poster offering to help wannabe trainers...

So that's how RR picked him up.

Other: Smokes lots.

Pokemon: If King's alright with taking Mareep, I'd like Chikorita.

RP sample: Warning, it's big! But I like it.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back