• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

phantominoid

Darkness Within
Years
Hey Saltroad!
I've been enjoying this game for a while and I started over today when you released the patch just because I felt like it. There is one buy that hinders progress however. In silph co, when you open the door, you won't be able to get the keycard on the table. I had to boot the old version, get the keycode then switch back to 3,0 version to carry on. So far so good.
I hope that was somewha helpful and I hope you finish the game because it's very solid.
Edit: There seems to be a problem with door 11. the number the hint gives out seems to be wrong.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Hey Saltroad!
I've been enjoying this game for a while and I started over today when you released the patch just because I felt like it. There is one buy that hinders progress however. In silph co, when you open the door, you won't be able to get the keycard on the table. I had to boot the old version, get the keycode then switch back to 3,0 version to carry on. So far so good.
I hope that was somewha helpful and I hope you finish the game because it's very solid.
Edit: There seems to be a problem with door 11. the number the hint gives out seems to be wrong.

Thank you for saying such nice things!

Ack, I made a math error on door 11 and then didn't fix it properly. To get the hint, put in 77 (even though the correct answer should be 95), the hint should be that the door starts with '3', and the real door code is 39.

I'll put up a fixed download once I run through the Skill Usage system quickly. Need to make sure it works correctly.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9v6ddlpjm24dylg/RocketRising2(2).exe
This one also includes a better movelist for the Pokemon.
Spoiler:

Mm, variety.

Last edited:

King Qusai

Zettai Makerarenai
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 1, 2020
oh mY GOD
this is soo epic ! Great job dude
really like the pokemon status screen
After I finish hacking my firered this will be the next thing to play on my agenda
keep up the good work

phantominoid

Darkness Within
Years
Thank you for saying such nice things!

Ack, I made a math error on door 11 and then didn't fix it properly. To get the hint, put in 77 (even though the correct answer should be 95), the hint should be that the door starts with '3', and the real door code is 39.

I'll put up a fixed download once I run through the Skill Usage system quickly. Need to make sure it works correctly.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yhbdv6z1ste4cvb/RocketRising2.exe
This one also includes a better movelist for the Pokemon.
Spoiler:

Mm, variety.
I had to try every combination to do find the right one lol. It took a while obviously. Glad you fixed it though, my brother could take the keycard now and he's progressing further.
One thing I'd like to comment onis the police in silph co. They can see through walls (Some of them) And it can get very tiresome because of it, if you can do something about it :)

Edit: We discovered another bug. When redra gives you her pokemon, the player character will exclaim that he needs to give it back to REdra when you try to go downstairs and then the story carries on without you fighting the rival, which you can find before you should. Also, when that happens, the game freezes (doesn't crash but nothing moves and neither can you) I hope that helps)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
oh mY GOD
this is soo epic ! Great job dude
really like the pokemon status screen
After I finish hacking my firered this will be the next thing to play on my agenda
keep up the good work

Glad you think it's epic!

I had to try every combination to do find the right one lol. It took a while obviously. Glad you fixed it though, my brother could take the keycard now and he's progressing further.
One thing I'd like to comment onis the police in silph co. They can see through walls (Some of them) And it can get very tiresome because of it, if you can do something about it :)

Edit: We discovered another bug. When redra gives you her pokemon, the player character will exclaim that he needs to give it back to REdra when you try to go downstairs and then the story carries on without you fighting the rival, which you can find before you should. Also, when that happens, the game freezes (doesn't crash but nothing moves and neither can you) I hope that helps)

I'm not sure how to fix the police seeing through walls. I could limit their sight more, so that they can only see up to two spaces in front of them...

For the Gary Problem... When you go up to the 10th floor, your Plot Checkpoints should be at 8. You can see the number of checkpoints you have when you save.
Beating the Secretary gives you another checkpoint, so you should have 9.
And at 9 checkpoints you'll get Redra's Snorlax, and Rival becomes available for battling.
Beating Rival gives you another checkpoint, so that the Player has to give Redra back her Snorlax at 10 checkpoints.

When you find Rival before you should, and when you get Redra's Snorlax, what number checkpoints do you have? This will help me figure out where the problem is happening.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2019
Ahoy SaltRoad,

i played your game and it was awesome so far. Currently I'm stuck though: after clearing redras museumquest Maxx gave me a new quest to come to saffron pkmn center.
Problem is the gatekeepers won't let me pass. They still say "your face i don't like it" :/
At the moment I'm at the 12th plot checkpoint, I use Version 3

Appreciate the help,

greetings Alpha

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Ahoy SaltRoad,

i played your game and it was awesome so far. Currently I'm stuck though: after clearing redras museumquest Maxx gave me a new quest to come to saffron pkmn center.
Problem is the gatekeepers won't let me pass. They still say "your face i don't like it" :/
At the moment I'm at the 12th plot checkpoint, I use Version 3

Appreciate the help,

greetings Alpha

Well hey there!

Hmm... the West and East gatekeepers are supposed to let you through once you have the Lockpick, which you should automatically get from the Scientist right after Cinnabar.
Did you have any trouble delivering the Mystery Package to Saffron, right before the Silph invasion?

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
I think the Staryu quest is bugged, when I go to the store to get them to sell the bottom option doesn't have her respond it's just immediately followed by the player character saying darn.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2019
Well hey there!

Hmm... the West and East gatekeepers are supposed to let you through once you have the Lockpick, which you should automatically get from the Scientist right after Cinnabar.
Did you have any trouble delivering the Mystery Package to Saffron, right before the Silph invasion?

The scientist guy never gave me the lockpick, he is just asking for more clues about redra.
I don't think i had any trouble delivering the package. I'm gonna load an older savefile and see if the problem persist.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
I think the Staryu quest is bugged, when I go to the store to get them to sell the bottom option doesn't have her respond it's just immediately followed by the player character saying darn.

Nice catch! That should be fixed by next update/patch.

The scientist guy never gave me the lockpick, he is just asking for more clues about redra.
I don't think i had any trouble delivering the package. I'm gonna load an older savefile and see if the problem persist.

Hmm, that's really odd... If that older save file doesn't work, try downloading this.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u80d6oxofc1gn9b/RocketRisingtemp.exe
I've made it so that if you go Right out of Celadon, there'll be a lockpick hidden in the furthest right flower.
For anyone else having troubles, trying this download might work for you too. If your checkpoints aren't the number they're supposed to be, the system should force correct them here.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
So I'm stuck here because these guards at the bottom run into each other and won't move

EDIT: I exited the room and came back and the issue didn't happen again, so nevermind

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Question: Would you prefer to steal Pokemon from EVERY trainer you can battle, or have it be a more occasional thing? I'm putting Trainers all over the routes now, but this will greatly affect how many Trainers you get to battle per route.

So I'm stuck here because these guards at the bottom run into each other and won't move

EDIT: I exited the room and came back and the issue didn't happen again, so nevermind

Glad you got it to work! I will try and make sure that doesn't happen again.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
it act like i'm just starting the game i don't want to start over inless i have to and mutant gasly allows miss it never lands a hit

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
after switch save files to the new one the scientist is blocked

it act like i'm just starting the game i don't want to start over inless i have to and mutant gasly allows miss it never lands a hit

Where are you in the game though? If you're at the endpoint of version .25 you should be able to just talk to Maxx in front of the Saffron Poke Center and pick up where you left off.

Mu!Gastly is missing an accuracy and hit rate thing, I'll try and get that fixed.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
i at the end point but the door to the scientist close and if i go to the to the guy who gave me the starter he give me another then the game crashs

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
i at the end point but the door to the scientist close and if i go to the to the guy who gave me the starter he give me another then the game crashs

So, you're not able to leave the base? Because if you can get to Maxx and talk to him that should fix everything else.
Well, except the Mu!Gastly problem.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
i got out by saving outside should tried that befor i'll see if it fix it to talk too him

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
bugs after talking to him teleporter doesn't the guy will try and give me rattta crash and and if i try and steal something in the pokemon center the game crash

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
bugs after talking to him teleporter doesn't the guy will try and give me rattta crash and and if i try and steal something in the pokemon center the game crash

So it bugs after talking to Maxx, and the teleporter doesn't work? The teleporter where?
But after bugging it still lets you into the PokeCenter to steal something, and then crashes?

When the game crashes, what does it say? What error message pops up?

Back