• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2018
    Hi everyone! I'm using my tablet to play this game. I love it. The problem is that I can't unlock the locked door in Celadon City. I have the lockpick. Is it possible to unlock it on tablet?

How to use the lockpick exactly? I'm pressing the appropriate buttons, I think. But for no avail.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Progress: Title stuff, finished with enemy weaknesses, finished with the multi-city boss battles, onto a short cave exploration with Idris, also doing some optional gym leader stuff and recruitables.

Next up will be Pokemon League battles. So far I've been using Trainers from the anime who were at the League, and Trainers from the Mewtwo movie, but I'm still about 7 Trainers short.

Hi everyone! I'm using my tablet to play this game. I love it. The problem is that I can't unlock the locked door in Celadon City. I have the lockpick. Is it possible to unlock it on tablet?

How to use the lockpick exactly? I'm pressing the appropriate buttons, I think. But for no avail.

You use the lockpick by pressing and holding ALL of the buttons at the same time.
    So for the Locked House in Celadon you need to hold down DOWN, Q, and ENTER (all 3) at the same time.
    This might not be possible with a tablet.

But you only need 5 clues to get further on in the story, so talk to
    Spoiler:
    and you won't need the clues in the Locked House.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2018
    You use the lockpick by pressing and holding ALL of the buttons at the same time.
    So for the Locked House in Celadon you need to hold down DOWN, Q, and ENTER (all 3) at the same time.
    This might not be possible with a tablet.

But you only need 5 clues to get further on in the story, so talk to
    Spoiler:
    and you won't need the clues in the Locked House.

Thank you for your answer. I tried to press them at the same time, but it is probably impossible on tablet. Why does the lockpick work this way? Why can't you simply interact with a locked door?

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2018
    I have a bug. After defeating the secretary in Silph Co., the game crashes when Redra says someone is defeating the grunts.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Progress: I've decided what all the Spliced Pokemon will be, but now I need to make all of their pictures.
    I linked to some Let's Plays on the front page. Let me know if you know of any others!

Thank you for your answer. I tried to press them at the same time, but it is probably impossible on tablet. Why does the lockpick work this way? Why can't you simply interact with a locked door?

I have a bug. After defeating the secretary in Silph Co., the game crashes when Redra says someone is defeating the grunts.

Well, most lockpicking involves some sort of skill or minigame. I never realized it would make playing on a tablet impossible. But I never thought it was possible to play on a tablet in the first place?

For the bug, do you have the most recent version (0.4.3)?
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/9cc07m6ynqwiojp/RocketRising4.exe
    It may have to do with me using a name in the choice menu around that point. But I want to be sure.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2018
    The game says version 0.4 not 0.4.3
    I really don't want to start a new game.
    I downloaded the version which states: if you are having problems...
    The first time I played this game, I didn't get the lockpick. The 2nd time, I got it in this version.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    The game says version 0.4 not 0.4.3
    I really don't want to start a new game.
    I downloaded the version which states: if you are having problems...
    The first time I played this game, I didn't get the lockpick. The 2nd time, I got it in this version.

You shouldn't have to start a new game, just double click the folder that says Rocket Rising, copy your Save file, and then paste it over into the 0.4.3 version.
    Whenever there's a patch or an update you should always be able to transfer your Save this way and just keep going!

im such a mark for this game, cant wait

Glad you're excited!

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2018
    I have some questions about Mutagens. I got one after Redra's Day mission. After stealing Chansey, I evolved my Rattata. Then, right before I used the mutagen, I saved the game. I mutated Raticate, so it became part psychic type and got Psychic and Confusion. But its magic attack (spc. attack) is awful so I reloaded the game. I mutated Gastly this time and it got the bug type, Leech Life and Poison Bite (which is Poison Fang). Since Gastly's attack is low, I reloaded again, and mutated Chansey, who got the fighting type with Leer. I didn't really like them because of this reason, so I reloaded a few times in hopes they get different types, but they always got the same. I eventually chose Raticate (they look cool), so it is part psychic now. Why do they get the same types everytime I mutate them? Why is Raticate's nickname Ratatta (I chose not to give a nickname to it)? Where can I rename it? Do mutated types replace the 2nd type? Probably yes.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2018
    How can I evolve Haunter? Is trade evolution possible in this game?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Progress: I've done 33 portraits so far. 12 more to go. Here are a few of the first tries.
    tumblr_orqqa0d1ky1uxpw3mo1_400.png

It is working. The error didn't occur now.

Awesome! I'm glad that worked.
    I have some questions about Mutagens. I got one after Redra's Day mission. After stealing Chansey, I evolved my Rattata. Then, right before I used the mutagen, I saved the game. I mutated Raticate, so it became part psychic type and got Psychic and Confusion. But its magic attack (spc. attack) is awful so I reloaded the game. I mutated Gastly this time and it got the bug type, Leech Life and Poison Bite (which is Poison Fang). Since Gastly's attack is low, I reloaded again, and mutated Chansey, who got the fighting type with Leer. I didn't really like them because of this reason, so I reloaded a few times in hopes they get different types, but they always got the same. I eventually chose Raticate (they look cool), so it is part psychic now. Why do they get the same types everytime I mutate them? Why is Raticate's nickname Ratatta (I chose not to give a nickname to it)? Where can I rename it? Do mutated types replace the 2nd type? Probably yes.
    The Mutagens aren't random. They combine a Pokemon with another type that will always be the same. Rattata will always become Psychic, Gastly will be Bug, Chansey will be Fighting.
    Before, the idea was to just balance their stats different. Rattata becomes more magic based, and so loses some Agility, etc. But now I think I should just make all of the Mutated pokemon consistently stronger in every way. Mutagens are fairly rare after all, so they should be a good reward.
    You can rename things whenever you mutate or evolve them, and there is a sort of Renaming Station in Lavender. In the future I'll probably shift that into the Base somewhere for easier access. If you choose not to nickname your Rattata it will have the name "Rattata". When you're evolving or mutating it, I don't erase the nickname, so if you choose not to CHANGE it's nickname then, it'll still be "Rattata".
    I... may be able to fix that with a certain Conditional Branch?

Whatever mutation type is added will "average out' with its other strengths and weaknesses, it doesn't replace the other secondary type it might have. So if it's a Normal type that is 2x weak to Fighting, but then gets a Psychic addition which is resistant to Fighting, the new Spliced Pokemon won't be weak OR resistant to Fighting type moves.

How can I evolve Haunter? Is trade evolution possible in this game?
    Gastly should evolve to Haunter at lvl 25, and to Gengar at lvl 35, since there is no way to trade in this game.

Also, you can edit your posts and I'll still see your other questions! I only get notified about the first new post in the forum anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2018
    Can Golbat evolve into Crobat and Chansey into Blissey? Or only gen 1 pok?mon are in the game?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Progress:o1_400.png[/IMG]
    9 more portraits to go.
    tumblr_ortpuvdmRv1uxpw3mo1_400.png

Also need to: Finish the Character Sprites for all the Spliced Pokemon
    Adjust all Spliced stats so they're noticeably better
    Do all the coding/eventing for the mutation events. ... god. There's about 19 of those, not looking forward to it.
    I'll continue to keep you all updated as I get through this all.

Can Golbat evolve into Crobat and Chansey into Blissey? Or only gen 1 pok?mon are in the game?
    Only gen 1! Unfortunately there was only so much I can include, so no evolutions for Chansey or Golbat or anything.

Back