• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rockman EXE 5, Will they translate it well?

Kronos

Shooting Star
Years
  • Hello everyone, im Kronos and i have played all of the rockman exe in japanese and there english translations , other wise known as Megaman Battle Network.

Ive noticed that when they come out in English, that several times the translations are well.... "not as good".

Here is a example of some stuff that ive found differences in:

JP games usually have animations where the English do not
    English games usually abbriviate words constantly.

Do you think that they will ruin EXE5? or do you think it will suceed?

Post your thoughts.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    you mean colonel and blues?, personal opinion: dubs suk, so probably

Neon Methodis

Sapphire Champion
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 1, 2005
    you have Rockman EXE 5 so lucky but anyway in Battle Network 4 they didnt talk good at all but oh well.....

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    I don't know Japanese, but on the last BN it had a crazy amount of typos, and all have had the abreviations so they will do that. Unless Capcom's translaters get off their lazy butts I see a repeat of 4.

Rated R Superstar?

Rated "R" Superstar
    Years
  • They Probably will...Nintendo's good with that stuff...MOST OF THE TIME....:p
    I actally don't know...Probably so though.

Last edited:

Kronos

Shooting Star
    Years
  • Yeah i know what you mean, and from reading translations, it will most likely end up like BN 4, a bunch of abbriviated words such as:
    Megaman , Mgaman
    ObservingRoom, ObservRm
    ..., ... [one text space taken not 3]
    Mr. Program, Mr. Prog
    *Notice that in BN 1,2,3 the programs text wasnt all in caps? Maybe it takes more space for lowercase....
    *Notice that they get animations that we dont [EXE 4 *or was it 3?* Navi Customizer Screen] [EXE3 "log-on" screen]
    Also, didnt in the first one, Lan said this when "loging on" to something
    Jack in!
    Megman.exe Transmit!
    They took out the Transmit! in 4.
    If youd like to point out more, go ahead, it would be interesting to note how screwed up our games become lol.

The Great Saiyaman

Lets heat things up!
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2006
    Well,lots of people really don't care for the translation errors. Then again the errors aren't noticed by many.

Back