• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rocks of mystical power.

What's your favourite 4th Generation evolutionary stone?

• Shiny Stone

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Dusk Stone

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Dawn Stone

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    more evolution stone discussions, yay

In Diamond and Pearl, a whole bunch of new ways to evolve were introduced. They were the Shiny, Dusk and Dawn stones, and they all induced evolution in a variety of Pokemon, even some in the newer generations, from Togekiss to Froslass, even Pokemon like Florges and Chandelure evolve via one of these stones. So, tell me.

- What's your favourite stone?

- Why do you like that stone?

I personally like the Dusk Stone, as I really like Chandelure and Honchkrow. They both look and fight awesomely, and they're actually favourite Pokemon of mine.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I prefer Shiny Stone over the other two, as it's used in order to evolve Togetic into Togekiss, which is one of my favorite Pokémon. :] You know, it would have been pretty cool if there Eeveelutions based on these items. I mean, Eevee does have a few stone-based evolutions already, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to have more, haha.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Dusk Stone for giving me Honchkrow and Mismagius, two very satisfying evolutions for Murkrow and Misdreabus. It's near impossible to either obtain Chandelure in time or find a Dusk Stone for Aegislash, so I was saddened by that, but that's another story.

Shiny and Dawn stone are similar in my mind, so I often mix up which Pokemon require it. They both make beautiful Pokemon like Togekiss and Froslass.

Years
    My favorite is the Dusk Stone. It has my favorite design of them and I like the evolutions it provides, including Honchkrow, Chandelure and Aegislash, the most of them.

Although the Shiny Stone does have Roserade and the Dawn Stone has Gallade, and I like the look of the Dawn Stone more than the Shiny Stone.

Years
    I voted Shiny Stone because there's some powerful evolutions that come from it, like Roserade, Togekiss, Cinccino and Florges. All are pretty hard hitters that are also cute at the same time.

Dusk Stone also produces some powerhouses in its own right as well, like Honchkrow, Mismagius, Chandelure and Aegislash. I also like the purple color of the stone itself as well.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    I'm gonna have to say the Shiny Stone. The stone itself looks like some nice bling, and Togekiss has been a staple of my competitive team for a while, as well as my ingame team on HGSS. I love his design and he makes a great special attacker! I always name mine 50 Cent.

Years
    The Dusk Stone has allowed for the creation of many great evolutions, like Honchkrow and Mismagius, as well as for newer Pokemon like Chandelure and Aegislash. As far as having an impact goes, I certainly feel like the Dusk stone had the biggest out of the three. I didn't even remember the Dawn stone existed until I came across this thread, haha.

Back