• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Hey~ Anyone here remember me? Hmm... Maybe a few.

Anyway, I'm planning a massive crossover RP, but I'm trying to limit the crossover universes so that the game will be balanced, and not be too harsh on the newcomers. Maybe 5 series at most? And around five to a dozen players.

Could you people tell me what you think of the concept?

The RP is set in an original world which was created by a new goddess. Due to her being new to this "Diety" thing, she messed up, and now the players have to pick up the pieces, so to speak.

What should the players expect... adventures, battles, cooperation, destruction and the like.

Key systems in the game: Quests, Reincarnation, Cross-universe villains, and more.

It's still in the draft phase, since the original idea I had for this was lost when I went to hibernation.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Hey~ Anyone here remember me? Hmm... Maybe a few.

Anyway, I'm planning a massive crossover RP, but I'm trying to limit the crossover universes so that the game will be balanced, and not be too harsh on the newcomers. Maybe 5 series at most? And around five to a dozen players.

Could you people tell me what you think of the concept?

The RP is set in an original world which was created by a new goddess. Due to her being new to this "Diety" thing, she messed up, and now the players have to pick up the pieces, so to speak.

What should the players expect... adventures, battles, cooperation, destruction and the like.

Key systems in the game: Quests, Reincarnation, Cross-universe villains, and more.

It's still in the draft phase, since the original idea I had for this was lost when I went to hibernation.

Doesn't sound bad at all sounds super cool, with quests you could probably crossover one-piece, fairy tail, monster hunter and any other jRPG that involves quests into it maybe even Pokemon for co-operative play but hats up to you I really like the concpet and how far it can go.

Years
Hi Rune! (Were you in ToL?)

The idea is interesting and sounds similar to a few other things that have been tossed around but not come to fruition. I'd be interested in giving it a read over when you have it all worked out.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Tournament of Life? Why yes, yes I was. Shame I wasn't able to raise my Cleffa... And I had so much planned for Julyanne...

I haven't really touched upon One Piece, so it's out. Monster Hunter I haven't played, but I see some of my friends playing that. And-... wait, that's not the type of quest that I mean.

I'm filtering some of the anime out, like the top 5 shounens. Dragon Ball and its sequels (for obvious reasons), Bleach, Naruto (Don't get angry, there are more ninjas out there. These guys are more brawlers than the Glass Cannons that Ninjas are supposed to be), and... what's the last one again? It's mostly because I can't live up to the players expectations if I do include them.

I also won't accept Final Fantasy. Why? Because Player characters can use FF's Color magic. It is one of the few things that are consistent in the game, aside from Chocobo. There is already a game named Dissidia, why not make an RP about that?

If anyone here has heard of Fate/Stay Night, and wants me to include that, then I'd need you to co-GM. I know some of their mechanics, but not all of them.

Anyway, I already picked out PMMM as one of them. But aside from that, the others are free reign. Suikoden, sure. RWBY, why not? I'll mix them up as best as I could and serve it on a silver platter for you guys. Complete with a cute, small, tropical umbrella to boot.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Apologies for approvals being slow this week, I've been very busy. It will be done within the next 24 hours so please hang in there.

Years
@Rune - I could co-GM if you want. But I don't think you shouldn't include the fate series. It proved a difficult premise in Fate/ of a NAtion that I GM'd with Chilidawgs.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
@Dissidia RP- ... When I phrased that question, I meant it in a way to encourage someone else to do that. If I have a lot of time on my hands, maybe I could, but for now I'll focus on making one RP.

@gimmie - Huh, there was already a Fate series RP made here? That would have been cool. Anyway, I thought about it and I'm going to go with To Aru Espers instead. Much less headache that way. 2 down, 3 or so to go... suggestions anyone?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
No problem, I think I'll make the Dissida RP then. Just looked up TAE and it looks neat!

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
No problem, I think I'll make the Dissida RP then. Just looked up TAE and it looks neat!

I was really confused when you said you looked up "TAE", -ahem- but now I know you mean the To Aru franchise, yes? There are two sides to it, the "Magic" side titled "To Aru Majutsu no Index" which focuses on the magicians, and the "Science" side, called "To Aru Kaguku no Railgun" that features Espers and their stories.

I'll be using the Espers of the Science side in the roleplay I'm planning. And yes, they do look cool.

Oh, Dissidia RP. Do tell how you'll do that. Are you going to let players control the canon characters, or will you make them create their own? If it's the latter, how will you include the canon elements?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I think I'll let the players control the cannon characters, I haven't planned it out yet. It'll take some time.
I don't really know the To Aru franchise but the espers look cool. I hope you'll achieve this RP!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So instead of posting in my individual RPs - apologies for me being like a ghost lately. At least I've felt like that. I think I'm entering a phase where I don't have much energy or time to focus on the stories and characters of RPs :/ I'll try to be better but yeah, it's no good when RPing is a chore rather than fun relaxation, I think we all can agree on that.

I like that there's a lot of new ideas around now :3

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
My life after death roleplay (angel beats in a sense) was just accepted. If anyone interested, please do join. I don't really have a maximum amount of spaces. Here.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Zelda RP is still in the works (it'd be done already had work not gotten in the way), so while pondering the mechanics of the RP, I realized something: some races may be too powerful on their own. Gorons, for example, have brute force just by being themselves. This does not bode well for an RP about growth in courage, strength and skill.

So, my question for you, fellow roleplayers, is this: what races do you think are most fitting for a balanced group, who lack the aforementioned qualities starting out? Additionally, what races would not suit the RP well, and why?

Most well-thought-out and descriptive answers earn their writers free cookies! (internet cookies)

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Zelda RP is still in the works (it'd be done already had work not gotten in the way), so while pondering the mechanics of the RP, I realized something: some races may be too powerful on their own. Gorons, for example, have brute force just by being themselves. This does not bode well for an RP about growth in courage, strength and skill.

So, my question for you, fellow roleplayers, is this: what races do you think are most fitting for a balanced group, who lack the aforementioned qualities starting out? Additionally, what races would not suit the RP well, and why?

Most well-thought-out and descriptive answers earn their writers free cookies! (internet cookies)

Well, I can't say I'll go into depth, but now that you mention it, Gorons are not very good in terms of skill development. I'm thinking maybe Ruto, Zora, Hylian, and Kokiri. Those four aren't particularly good at anything other than their general means of transportation, like Zorans and Rutos aren't as skilled at ground travel as Hylians and Kokiri, if you catch my drift. Between those four races, I would think they're generally well-rounded with the ability to excel in any different skill as long as they work towards it. I'll take my cookies now!

Years

I'm personally of the opinion that any of the non-evil races of Hyrule (and beyond) would work. In the case of those like gorons, methinks that a careful eye by the GM and a courteous role-player would mitigate most of the traits that might make them OP. Also: juvenile gorons and/or gorons with undesirable personality traits (arrogance, social awkwardness, etc) might be characters worth pursuing. Basically, I guess I'm saying that I don't think limitations on the races would be necessary.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'm personally of the opinion that any of the non-evil races of Hyrule (and beyond) would work. In the case of those like gorons, methinks that a careful eye by the GM and a courteous role-player would mitigate most of the traits that might make them OP. Also: juvenile gorons and/or gorons with undesirable personality traits (arrogance, social awkwardness, etc) might be characters worth pursuing. Basically, I guess I'm saying that I don't think limitations on the races would be necessary.

By normal standards, I would agree. This RP, though, is much more survival-themed, and deadly battles and encounters may be semi-regular to the journey and the story involved. Gorons seem to be near-indestructible, and situations where everyone's lives are at risk, it would appear that the Gorons are too sturdy to fit into that situation.

I was thinking of adding a Pros-Cons list to each race in the RP, so that everyone can have their characters unique and flawed by their own races. I may have to research a bit of each race, but it's Zelda, and if my theme didn't tip you off, I would actually enjoy that research.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 19, 2016
Hello. I am very new here and I would really like to join a role play. They only thing is I'm not very good at it at all. But I told this would be a good place to learn.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Hi there Ikca!

You've come to a great place to role play, especially if you're hoping to improve your skills. I'd suggest starting off by reading the stickied Roleplayers Etiquette thread, as it helps explain some of the ways we do and don't interact with each other in order to make sure everyone enjoys themselves as much as possible. After that I'd say to read as much as possible of other people roleplaying. Never stop doing this, even if you hit a point where you think you're pretty good. There's always more to learn!

If you're looking for beginner friendly RP's that are not only a good place to hone your craft, but also meet like minded people that enjoy helping you get better, my two top tips would be Pokemon Trainer Academy and Guilded Halls. They're both sandbox school set RP's, and really easy to jump into. I know PTA has plenty of open spots, but I'm not sure about GH.

If you have any questions feel free to ask in this thread or message one of the moderators, the GM or whichever RP you decide to apply for or even myself. I hold no official position other than liking to help people out, so the mods are better if you have anything more "official" to ask.

But most of all, a warm welcome to you! This is a great community and if you stick around I think you'll not only enjoy yourself but also find your roleplaying skills growing exponentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back