• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@Red - Sounds fun. :3 But, again, I won't join. Sorry that I can't elaborate further, but I will later. The fact that I'm on a phone combined with this Lerroux madness destroying my brain, my abilities to give RP advice are hindered even moreso than normal. x3

You are in too many of my RPs already ;D though I wuv that u are

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Now that I've seen the roles, I'm suddenly changing my mind! :D You gotta make the RP! I'm deciding between a warrior & a ranger as we speak.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Eventually Red? It must be a will. >.< You have us all enchanted with this idea of yours.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Whoa, I'm glad that people liked it so much. I guess I might actually be making it then... eventually ;) so the roles were ok? I always have too many RP ideas, can't make everything come real :x I feel da love tho.

Wasn't someone making a "magic girl" RP? Or am I on the wrong forum, lol

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Whoa, I'm glad that people liked it so much. I guess I might actually be making it then... eventually ;) so the roles were ok? I always have too many RP ideas, can't make everything come real :x I feel da love tho.

Wasn't someone making a "magic girl" RP? Or am I on the wrong forum, lol

Nobody touches my shifter spot okay. Otherwise I'll kill you all with my ex-manly powers that Lerroux was supposed to give me :( /sob

And you're on the wrong forum lol. It was Natsu who was making that RP in EGC, methinks.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Gosh, I should come back to PC fulltime to avoid confusion xD

*starts reserving people for the werewolf RP* I KID. I don't.

I joined my own RP now, Arcanum, instead. I've been wanting to do so for a while, since I feel so distant with simply pulling strings by writing area posts.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Regarding the possibility of a Naruto RP (if this is a topic people have lost interest in I'll drop it, but I know we have a few fans here) - I've been putting more thought into the possibility of GMing one myself and I think I'd be happy enough to do it.

The current idea is to have people start as genin, or with them taking their genin exam, and progress from there. It would be a long running RP most likely, and very beginner friendly - at least when we started out. I'm still deciding whether I would limit the number of people we took on or not. The majority of RP would take place within set four-man teams, so I would need to fix people up in small groups. I would base this on peoples applications - putting characters together who would compliment each others skills and cover weaknesses, as this is how they're handled in the series.

I'm still thinking about squad leaders, whether they'll be GM controlled or not. Depends on how many squads we have I think.

Currently the setting I'm toying with is The Village Hidden in The Waterfall. It's an established ninja village with some level of history, and some nice landmarks RP could be set around. Time period would very likely be BEFORE Naruto Uzumaki becomes a genin.

Those who've expressed an interest, please let me know what you think of all this. Lack of feedback will result in lack of RP. And that's just lame.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think a Naruto RP would be nice. I might even try to participate at some point, even though I'm a beginner in the Naruto universe.

If they would go around playing in teams, make sure that it doesn't turn out like many PMDs have; one team member disappear and ruins the game for the others.

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
@Lincoln West: Hidden Village of Waterfall huh??? Well it's kind of a nice place to start out. Pretty much ok as far as i can see. So buy the way, what about the jutsus?? Do we just learn them??
I was suggesting making the character have levels... I mean it's the only possible way to know your characters growing. And what about jutsus?? Will we start out by one jutsu from our element nature?? But i can see you're serious about this so reserve me a spot already :).

@RHCP: YOU'VE JUST GOTTA MAKE THIS RP XDXDXD. The stories awesome. Im going all out for the.......well the guy that uses magic....

Years
I want a spot too when you make it.

I might recemend after the Genin exam, so the teacher can split the people up into teams. Unless, of course, the sign-up is the genin test(practically is anyway:)).

I bet many more people than who post here are interested in a Naruto RP, so you should just post and see.​

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
@RHCP That's a fair point. If there was an issue with someone dropping out or being very inactive and leaving their team-mates in a rut, I would have to step in and help things along (if they're in the middle of a mission). Hospital time, training time, an "off screen" mission and a few other things could all be used to explain absense.

@Draco I didn't consider using a levelling system, and will give it some consideration. Regarding learning jutsu - the same as in the series. Either being taught or self discovery, and a whole lot of training. As for the abilities people will have when they begin, I think I'll recommend people have one "main" ninjutsu or genjutsu they use. (For example, Shikamaru has his Shadow Possession Jutsu.) And of course, some level of taijutsu, ninja tools etc. People could use their judgement to sacrifice one area for the improvement of another. In the series, you're unlikely to find characters who are masters at everything. If you want your genjutsu to be excellent, for example, you may to accept that your characters taijutsu is weak. From there you can improve your character as the RP continues.

@Reader_Maniac I actually quite like the idea that the sign-up is the genin test, in a way. In their sign ups people can state how they did in the academy and on tests etc. Then I can use that to decide the teams.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
A leveling system might restrain the RP in some ways, it even does that with pokémon RPs even though it's usually easy to understand when it comes to pokémon. If the RP should focus on gaining strength and accomplishing tasks, then some sort of leveling system might be interesting. It you want it to focus more on personalities and personal growth, I'd say skip it though. It's just what I've seen when I've RP'd :]

Nice to see that there are some Warcraft lovers here. Maybe something can be done with that in the future then. Sr if anyone else feels like GMing one soon, I could probably help with coming up with a setting/plot/situation.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
As the Naruto setting is focused on ninja warfare and contains a great deal of combat, it may seem that this is the more important aspect. But personally I view the missions and fights as vehicles for character to development - and that's really where I would prefer the emphasis to be.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sounds wise. Now it's starting to sound like something worth joining for me ^^ Maybe I should go watch some Naruto to understand what all this jutsu and waterfall is about.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
The most straightforward definition of jutsu would be "ninja stuff". Pretty much anything remotely cool a ninja does is a kind of jutsu.

Fireballs, cloning yourself, other assorted superpowers? Ninjutsu.
Illusions? Genjutsu.
Buttkicking? Taijutsu.

The Waterfall is a village of ninja's hidden inside a waterfall cave. It's in an OVA of the anime, and you learn some things about the villages past I could extrapolate on to make sure we have nice fleshed out setting.

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
The most straightforward definition of jutsu would be "ninja stuff". Pretty much anything remotely cool a ninja does is a kind of jutsu.

Fireballs, cloning yourself, other assorted superpowers? Ninjutsu.
Illusions? Genjutsu.
Buttkicking? Taijutsu.

The Waterfall is a village of ninja's hidden inside a waterfall cave. It's in an OVA of the anime, and you learn some things about the villages past I could extrapolate on to make sure we have nice fleshed out setting.

Hey Lincoln, how about you make out description on some of the most important places that we'll be touching in the RP.

And i think you'd better put down some descriptions about Tai, Nin and Genjutsu in the process too, otherwise not many would want to participate. Especially those who wants to but doesn't know a thing about the real story.. Just putting some suggestions, and i really do hope this RP comes out soon XD.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
RHCP-If you're gonna make the RP, can you reserve me a spot as a warrior? It took me a while to decide between a warrior & a ranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back