• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    Dragon ball goku legacy 4?

Hey,
    is there a rom hack of dragon ball z buu fury that have the stroy line of dragon ball gt?.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2018
    List of full rom hacks (any new?)

Hi guys,

I'm new here and I hope that it is right place to publish this thread. I played many Pokemon rom hacks but I need more. I saw that list: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=253946 but it is no more updated that's why I have a question: are there any new FULL rom hacks to play?

Thank you for an answer.
    Have a great time!

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator:

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
  • But I'm also looking for a FireRed hack with nothing else changed but being able to catch all 386 (Gen 3) pokemon, not just increased difficulty (low priority). I already checked the sideshow showcase and it didn't have anything I was looking for.

Thanks for replying to my post.

Here you go, bud. Take a look at this if you're looking for a Fire Red 386 game.

Cheers!

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2015
    I've found myself recently with a strange hankering for some classic Pokemon, maybe from reading an LP of yellow kindling my Nostalgia.

My dream RomHack would be:

-Based on on Gens 1 through 3. I never really made a connection with any of the games past RSE, so that's my sweet spot. All 386 from this era should be catchable.
    -Must have Physical/Special split
    -Improved Stats and Movesets for seriously underpowered Pokemon, like Farfetch'd or Dunsparse
    -Improved difficulty, though not to a crushing extent. I'm not a masochist, I'd just like to be able to enjoy the strategy of the game a bit more

Are there any Rom Hacks that fit the bill?

Ice Darkrai

Ice type only
    Years
  • Is there a gba hacked version that supports link battles? I want to battle my cousin who's into hacked pokemon too.
    All 386
    Mega ev. Preferred
    I'm fine with running two vba's to do link battles but I play on a GBA ios emulator

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2015
    Rom hacks with difficulty similiar to Reborn's? and a physical/special split

Years
  • I'm looking for some gbc and gba Rom hacks.
    I have already played flora sky, glazed, ashgray, liquid crystal, dark energy, johto legacy Christmas, Brown.
    I'm looking for Rom hacks that have more than 1 region, and a good amount of pokemon, and post story events.
    Preferably first 3 gen pokémon in it. NO FAKEMON AT ALL I hate fakemon

Last edited:

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • I really advice anyone who hasn't played the Ruby Destiny series, and especially Rescue Rangers to play it immediately. While critical people may claim Rescue Rangers to be outdated, repetitive, lacking fun, and a waste of time (what people did say on forums about nuzlocking etc) to try it. I was a bit sceptical when I first played it cause I really liked the real PMD games and thought that a ROM hack would never get close, but Rescue Rangers was even more fun than Blue Rescue team for me.

Despite not being completed, and if we believe Destinedjagold it won't be completed: Pokémon Skyline
    Very good storyline, nice gameplay, nice trainers and encounters, if bugs don't matter for you, it's a good game.

Big shoutout to Destinedjagold!

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • I'm looking for some gbc and gba Rom hacks.
    I have already played flora sky, glazed, ashgray, liquid crystal, dark energy, johto legacy Christmas, Brown.
    I'm looking for Rom hacks that have more than 1 region, and a good amount of pokemon, and post story events.
    Preferably first 3 gen pokémon in it. NO FAKEMON AT ALL I hate fakemon

What I advice you:
    • Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter
    • Pokémon Victory Fire
    • Pokémon Resolute
    • Pokémon Mega Power
    • Destinedjagold's games

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2015
    Just starting out, what is THE most essential hack to play? Don't really know much of what out there, I got liquid crystal and light platinum. Any others to consider?

Xerslash

To be, or not to be..
    Years
  • what do you think is the Best Rom Hack by Story? I just want a good story that's all. I want suggestions so that I have something to play if I want to pass the time. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2020
    Pokemon hack with amazing story?

I just finished Pokemon Snakewood and I'm looking for another pokemon hack to play... The thing is that I can't find any hacks that focus mainly on the storyline and actually are challenging, like snakewood did... The biggest hacks like Light Platinum may offer a great gameplay experience, with graphics, many regions, all 6 generations of pokemon but that's not the primary thing I'm looking for... So, do you guys know any pokemon hack with an amazing storyline (story driven), focusing on characters, funny dialogues, plot twists etc? Good graphics are optional but a good addition... custom pokemon always help. Thank you in advance ^^

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • what do you think is the Best Rom Hack by Story? I just want a good story that's all. I want suggestions so that I have something to play if I want to pass the time. Thanks.

I just finished Pokemon Snakewood and I'm looking for another pokemon hack to play... The thing is that I can't find any hacks that focus mainly on the storyline and actually are challenging, like snakewood did... The biggest hacks like Light Platinum may offer a great gameplay experience, with graphics, many regions, all 6 generations of pokemon but that's not the primary thing I'm looking for... So, do you guys know any pokemon hack with an amazing storyline (story driven), focusing on characters, funny dialogues, plot twists etc? Good graphics are optional but a good addition... custom pokemon always help. Thank you in advance ^^

Time to self-promote :P
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307817

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2015
    Looking for a 386 hack compatible with the Moemon patch. Currently playing Pokemon Sigma Emerald with Moemon Patch and I'm almost done with it (Pokedex at 271, just finishing some EV training before catching 'em all)

Any FRLG/Emerald preferably complete or at the very least generally playable.

Thank you very much in advance! ^^

Back