• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Reaverz Hacking Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Check out the brand new gaoya tileset!
    Spoiler:

Now I have to do the behaviour and background bytes *bored*

edit: FINALLY im done with the behaviour and background bytes... phew
    ill start mapping gaoya tomorrow

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    There's no specific offset you need to compile it to.
    And the script looks better like this, good work ;)

(btw, I see you also use the newest XSE version..hehe ^^)
    Okay, thanks.
    As for XSE, I'm a BETA tester, so I always have the new versions(the ones he hasn't released) :)
    Check out the brand new gaoya tileset!
    Spoiler:

Now I have to do the behaviour and background bytes *bored*

edit: FINALLY im done with the behaviour and background bytes... phew
    ill start mapping gaoya tomorrow
    I like the way this is looking! It's beautiful by the way, something I can never do...Insert the right tiles. Can't wait to play the game after this map :D

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    I like the way this is looking! It's beautiful by the way, something I can never do...Insert the right tiles. Can't wait to play the game after this map :D
    actually it aint no map, its the block palette :p
    but thx anyway

so... do you have a new patch for me ccooley with all the stuff fixed or do you need more time?

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    actually it aint no map, its the block palette :p
    but thx anyway

so... do you have a new patch for me ccooley with all the stuff fixed or do you need more time?
    Yeah, I already knew that...I was referring to the map that will come from this tileset. :P

Actually yeah, I'll upload it now. Only the Totodile sprite is the Mart guy's sprite, you replaced it. :\

I'll send you the patch now.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Coolies Neti
    The tiles that you used are amazing
    How do you make diffenernt tileset one?s

he guys is it olmost done because i m waiting months now or did you guys quit with the hack?

-_-
    What do you think?
    -_-

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Yeah, I already knew that...I was referring to the map that will come from this tileset. :P

Actually yeah, I'll upload it now. Only the Totodile sprite is the Mart guy's sprite, you replaced it. :\

I'll send you the patch now.

Yeah i already noticed that, i thought i could just switch the sprites of the mart guys

Coolies Neti
    The tiles that you used are amazing
    How do you make diffenernt tileset one?s

-_-
    What do you think?
    -_-
    check my tile inserting and block editing tutorial, it describes how to make own tileset

edit: i tested the patch and it looks cool
    i didnt go back to the lab yet to get my hm and test it
    or arent mts scripts in that patch? i hope they are^^
    well, anyway ive found a text bug:
    ROM Reaverz Hacking Team

also ive tried out the new a-trainer and its working totally fine, repointing works completely and its easy with the suggestions the program makes

edit: Machine Set! Swablu learned Fly!
    and then when i want to use it:
    Cant use that here!
    xD
    its a problem with the map and easy to fix, all your scripts seem to have worked out perfectly!

edit: strange i can only fly to daoyu or snowspire... what happened to shengu, benyuan and guaiwan?
    maybe we deleted the level scripts that set the flag?
    you, its just a setflag that enables the player to fly somewhere, we could read it out from the region map editor in amap
    that could be used in an event, the player gets a map that shows him where to fly to and then he can fly there :D

edit: the following flags should be set when receiving the hm:
    0890 Benyuan
    0891 Guaiwan
    0893 Dahai
    0894 SHengu
    Binggao CIty is not reachable yet and the ither two flags (Daoyu and Snowspire) are set

ive also found a bug in a trainerbattle, it says "Binggao GruntCooltrainer Grunt would like to battle"
    unfortunely i dont remember where it was...
    ill play through the whole again soon anyway

i just checked the file with the wild pokemon stuff
    we will need 3 more pokemon events in binggao: mudkip, lapras and smoochum^^

Last edited:

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Some timews that text error happens
    Unfortuatl you'll have to ask MT about it since i haven't started scripting yet

Edit I mean ike how you have a different tileset 0 for ever region

Edit: What do you mean b those events
    The sound pretty minor so i could write those up now

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Some timews that text error happens
    Unfortuatl you'll have to ask MT about it since i haven't started scripting yet

Edit I mean ike how you have a different tileset 0 for ever region
    i just have a different rom every region^^
    it will be possible to switch from one rom to another:
    when you cross a mountain that divides two regions you wil lcome to a point where a flag will be set, then you go on into the next room which will be in the othe rom as well with no changes if you go back, the way in the room before will be blocked cause of the set flag.
    in that rom, the other way will be blocked as well.
    now you load the game in the other rom, leave the room in the middle to the next room and the way there is open.
    set flags and vars etc are saved in the savegame, so all progress the player made can be transported from one rom to the other one
    btw you dont have to correct the text error now and send me a patch cause i already did some changes
    maybe you can create a patch that corrects only the error?
    if not ill send the patch to you later to correct it

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    i just have a different rom every region^^
    it will be possible to switch from one rom to another:
    when you cross a mountain that divides two regions you wil lcome to a point where a flag will be set, then you go on into the next room which will be in the othe rom as well with no changes if you go back, the way in the room before will be blocked cause of the set flag.
    in that rom, the other way will be blocked as well.
    now you load the game in the other rom, leave the room in the middle to the next room and the way there is open.
    set flags and vars etc are saved in the savegame, so all progress the player made can be transported from one rom to the other one
    btw you dont have to correct the text error now and send me a patch cause i already did some changes
    maybe you can create a patch that corrects only the error?
    if not ill send the patch to you later to correct it

Like i said I haven't even started scripting in this hack yet

Interesting way of doing it
    I never relised you could do that
    also i could script those small events if you want

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Like i said I haven't even started scripting in this hack yet

Interesting way of doing it
    I never relised you could do that
    also i could script those small events if you want
    jhmm the last part was to cooley^^ cause he did that script
    this way of doing it is new btw, noone did it before (my idea :-))... and i didnt release it to the community yet, a lot of people will have sue for that cause you do not have to worry about space
    ill release it with the first beta of legend of fenju

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    jhmm the last part was to cooley^^ cause he did that script
    this way of doing it is new btw, noone did it before (my idea :-))... and i didnt release it to the community yet, a lot of people will have sue for that cause you do not have to worry about space
    ill release it with the first beta of legend of fenju

Don't worry i won't tell a soul

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Well ill have to leave in about 30 minutes so ill think of the next event now and then send it to a scripter who has time
    actually i could think of 2 events already cause i nthe next town there will be a story event with crasher wake and a side event where the player can get smoochum, but i dunno how exactly that will be done
    the town is really small^^ only a pc, 2 houses and a cave that you cant enter at that point

edit: lol i replaced one of my userbars with the tileset image... *reuploads*
    well, i cant think of the event now cause i gotta go out with the dog and i think after that theres not enough time left
    cya later

edit: ok im back, who has time to script?
    you cant imagine how stupid i am: i managed to patch my original rom without copying it before again xD
    so anyone pls send me a bpre rom via email (spreading roms is forbidden on the forums)
    [email protected]

edit: lolololololololol
    this is so f****n [insert harsh word here]...
    just check this thread by gabe_c i found: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=142179
    WTF MAKES A PERSON DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?
    I cant ecpress my feelings about this thread without harsh words, so i better not say any more things about it

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Well ill have to leave in about 30 minutes so ill think of the next event now and then send it to a scripter who has time
    actually i could think of 2 events already cause i nthe next town there will be a story event with crasher wake and a side event where the player can get smoochum, but i dunno how exactly that will be done
    the town is really small^^ only a pc, 2 houses and a cave that you cant enter at that point

edit: lol i replaced one of my userbars with the tileset image... *reuploads*
    well, i cant think of the event now cause i gotta go out with the dog and i think after that theres not enough time left
    cya later

edit: ok im back, who has time to script?
    you cant imagine how stupid i am: i managed to patch my original rom without copying it before again xD
    so anyone pls send me a bpre rom via email (spreading roms is forbidden on the forums)
    [email protected]

edit: lolololololololol
    this is so f****n [insert harsh word here]...
    just check this thread by gabe_c i found: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=142179
    WTF MAKES A PERSON DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?
    I cant ecpress my feelings about this thread without harsh words, so i better not say any more things about it
    Why don't you just download a new one? To avoid an infraction, I'm not going to go into any more detail on the subject.

Oh and that thing by sebbe was awesome. I don't know what your talking about. =D

edit:
    Neti said:
    Uh, that didn't happen to me when I was testing it. Bad ROM maybe?

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Why don't you just download a new one? To avoid an infraction, I'm not going to go into any more detail on the subject.

Oh and that thing by sebbe was awesome. I don't know what your talking about. =D

edit:
    Uh, that didn't happen to me when I was testing it. Bad ROM maybe?
    its cooleys patch, he must have done a mistake there

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    @XBuster i still have a Tilemap and a tileset that create the region map together
    im just not sure how to insert them.
    the tilemap was made in NTME, its size is 26x18
    not sure if that will help you

lol i patched my fr rom, so idownlaoded a new one
    when i open it in amap it says bpre and looks alright, but when i patch it the patch wont work, the result is crapped

i really need the bpre of one of you guys...

edit: lol i downloaded the rom from another site and got the same error... but when i downlaoded it the file even had exactly the same name!
    wtf is going on?
    the patch that fully worked before is doing crap now

edit: ive tried even older patches... it MUST be the rom
    i tried the 1695 release, that is the european one... the in bpre means europe right?

edit: ok, the 1636 release was the correct one, even though its the us one... i always thought iwas using the uk release xD

soooo i was trying to insert the region map on my own since i have the tileset and the tilemap
    but there were some things in haefeles tutorial that i didnt understand
    if you (X-Buster) could check that tut and my post and answer the questions that would really help me

Last edited:

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
    Basically...open Unlz, goto 180-190 in blackwhite, save the map, open it in paint, klick "einfügen aus" and search for the tileset.
    Adjust the size.
    Open UnLz again, goto the worldmap and import the blackwhite img of the new map.
    Open free space finder and search for 1000 bytes, copy the offset.
    Klick write to rom (check everything that's checked in the tutorial, which should be everything except for the pal) and enter the new offset u got with FSF.
    klick "load raw" and load the tilemap, klick "write to rom" and check "export img", nothing else. Before you actually write it to the rom, search for another 1000 bytes and copy the offset, write it into the offset box and write it down in the editor or on a sheet of paper or whatever...
    Now open the rom in a hexeditor, search for 9C083F08.
    Reverse the offset and replace the 9c083F08 with it...
    So if the offset of your tilemap is 812345, you reverse it.
    [81][23][45]-->[45][23][81]
    So 9C083F08 should become 45238108.
    Save and try it ingame...that should be it.

But the size is strange, the FR/LG worldmap has 30x20...

edit: know what? insert it into Unlz and then use the tool X-Buster and Darthatron created xD

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Basically...open Unlz, goto 180-190 in blackwhite, save the map, open it in paint, klick "einfügen aus" and search for the tileset.
    Adjust the size.
    Open UnLz again, goto the worldmap and import the blackwhite img of the new map.
    Open free space finder and search for 1000 bytes, copy the offset.
    Klick write to rom (check everything that's checked in the tutorial, which should be everything except for the pal) and enter the new offset u got with FSF.
    klick "load raw" and load the tilemap, klick "write to rom" and check "export img", nothing else. Before you actually write it to the rom, search for another 1000 bytes and copy the offset, write it into the offset box and write it down in the editor or on a sheet of paper or whatever...
    Now open the rom in a hexeditor, search for 9C083F08.
    Reverse the offset and replace the 9c083F08 with it...
    So if the offset of your tilemap is 812345, you reverse it.
    [81][23][45]-->[45][23][81]
    So 9C083F08 should become 45238108.
    Save and try it ingame...that should be it.

But the size is strange, the FR/LG worldmap has 30x20...

edit: know what? insert it into Unlz and then use the tool X-Buster and Darthatron created xD
    what tool?^^
    i will try to fid it in the toolobox

edit: i guess im just to silly to handle unlz :p
    ill let XBuster do it for me^^
    at least i tried :D

edit: ok, X-Buster inserted it fforr me and i changed the data, the map is fulyl working now
    still, the fliying flags need to be set
    ill redo the wild pokemon header now and then play through it once again and check for bugs
    after that ill fix those i can fix and then think of the next event with crasher wake
    if anybody has a neat idea just let me know
    i want to let him throw rocks around and stuff like that :D
    that will be fun to watch

edit: when testing i didnt receive my running shoees.. or i cant use them in guaiwan, ill check it in a-map
    edit: type is town, so it should be possible to use the shoes there
    seems like i didnt receive them
    edit: lol i left guainwan and i was able to use them there... maybe i must the city value to type, not town

edit: lol i got it workin by enabling the name to be shown... i dunno why it was turned off anyway
    im editing the trainers data so they have pokemon that live in binggao
    i played through the game up to the point where i caught totodile (damn that was hard), now i have to do some work (to earn money :p) but ill go on later

Last edited:

Snyser

Champion
    Years
    yo guys you hack is awesome!!! Flame of rage rules!! but you didnt change the sprites of the intro and garry looks like a girl!! but still its very great!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back