• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Reaverz Hacking Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
    thx, it took me long to think of something appropriate ^^
    the text the person in hawksham should say should remain the same, I think it's quite good ^.^

er..I know about the clearflag, you told me. But I set the flag again afterwards in a script with hidesprite, so it should be set again, or am I wrong? Ô.o

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
    You'll definitely get it before friday, there are just 2 little things not okay and the wild pokemon data.
    And we thought about letting the beta testers choose the wild pokemon, do you think that's a good idea? So you'll actually work on this hack too ^^ (kay, beta testing is work too, but you know what I mean xD)

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
    entering port bydale, there should be 6 scripts. The first 3 should be hidesprite with setflag, the other three the camera movement etc...
    btw, we should lock the houses in hawksham.
    what about this?
    Code:
    #org $begin
    lock
    applymovement 0xFF $3
    pausemove 0x0
    #raw 0xCA
    message $1
    $1 1 = Entering this house would be\na waste of time...I should hurry\lup and defeat these stupid\lgrunts!
    boxset 6
    applymovement 0xFF $2
    pausemove 0x0
    release
    end

#org $2
    $2 1 ; #binary 0x10 0xFE

#org $3
    $3 1 ; #binary 0x01 0xFE

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Oh. I see.. You didn't read my post about variable 4050 did you? XD

Well, as I said, after the arcanine event, variable 4050 will be 1. However, after thinking for a while, I decided to edit some tiles in route 5 (music changes whenever you take a step). I will still use 4050 so in the end, it won't be 1 anymore. I'll tell you what it's value will be.

Ok, I will insert script tiles in hawksham. How about the gym? O.o

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
    gym...I dunno, I think I replaced all the persons so it should work, so you could use the same script to "lock" it like for the other houses.
    If it doesn't work, we need another script to prevent from going in...

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Hey, X, I'll just be testing the hawksham scripts once more. Then I'll send the patch.

BTW what about the intro? (OAK).. should we change that as well? Or do we leave that for the next betas?

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    I actually don't know what to put it there..

@SA: can you send me again the intro sprites.? I'll try inserting it once more..

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Hey M_T what do we do with the warp in Mt. Genesis? (the first one) It won't let you go back to route 3.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    hey guys, remember the first script? your sister will tell you to go to your dad's office.. I wonder if you can turn it into a lever script..?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    @X Okay, will do that. If anyone disagrees, post now.

@M_T The warp still won't work.

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
    damn. the question is: why does a warp not work though it's values are allright?
    I tried it in AM, if I click the warp in the cave and click "go to" it goes to the warp of the entrance Ô.o
    So why doesn't it work ingame? Check out the warp numbers, maybe numer 3 is used twice ( I think the warp was number 3, I'm not sure now)

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I'm guessing it has something to do with the tile the warp is on. I checked in an FR rom and the tile that the warp was on is different from the normal tiles, though they look the same. Unfortunately, the corresponding tile in FoR is replaced by a sideward staircase.. For now, I'm going to put a script tile XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Yeah. I tried that. It didn't work. I made it into a script tile for now.

e.. Script tile won't work either O.o.. I'm gonna return to this after checking hawksham

e2: Hawksham events now work properly. Gym is not glitched, though the trainers are still not scripted.. I will now make the first script a level script, and maybe edit the tiles in route 5. and maybe check red and the tree in bloomingberg. and of course, the warp in mt. genesis -.-

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back