• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Romanization of new Japanese Pokémon names made official!

Years
    Bulbanews said:
    Pokémon Center Online's promotion for the upcoming Pokémon movie, Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: Manaphy, has begun. One item on the site includes the official names for the previously revealed new Pokémon: Manaphy, Perap, Tamanta and Buoysel.
    Originally Reported on Pokemon Center Online

Alright, looks like the names are official and now we now the accent too. Don't you think Buoysel is a bit of a weird name? :S O_o

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Ash_Pokemaster said:
    Alright, looks like the names are official and now we now the accent too. Don't you think Buoysel is a bit of a weird name? :S O_o
    How the heck do you pronounce that?

Byuo... cell? I have no idea.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    ¤¤¤¤

I pronounce it as "boysle", seeing as "buoy" is pronounced as such, and... yeah. oO;

Odd, odd names. T_T;

¤¤¤¤

Years
    Well, nomizo (! XD) ok ok I think, that we have the accent already. Since this is just spelling and according to the katakana/hiragana that the names were written in before the name of Buoysel is also Buizel (Ru = Lu = L since u is just an addition to the words r t p n m etc). Also, Buoysel is a weasel. So the "sel" stands for "zel" which is the accent of -sel in weasel. So since from the japanese words we se "Bui-" and accordind to the new romanization we have "Buoy-" I think it's some near to "BU-O-EE-ZEL".

Years
    We're waiting for the new CoroCoro to release. I feel that we're going to see some new Pokemon siluets in the next month's issue. Hope so though. However, I'm not sure that's going to happen as we saw 4 new Pokemon before just some days. Plus that there's no particullar reason since all new Pokemon of the next movie has been announced (I guess).

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Christos said:
    Buizeru is a much better name.
    I'd say Bu-oyzel

I agree with you, I think Buizeru is a better name than Buoysel. oO Well, those are some odd names, they just keep getting weirder and weirder. o.o

~Kelsey

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    Buoysel is actually clever. Bouy is actually a flotation device found in the ocea, and it's a weasel who is Water-type. He can float with the fins on his arms and acts like a buoy. So the name Buoysel makes sense.

Keep in mind that these aren't the official English names. We still some more confirmation.

Eig

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    Buoysel... Strange name, but meh. And... Perap? I did think at the beggining that it could be named Parapper. PARrot rAPPER. XD But Perap's a cool name too.

~\"Metal Sonic"/~

Pure Evil
    Years
    Yech! I Manaphy and Tamanta are OK, they're hardly changed, Bouysel is clever, but not that good, but Perap is horrible. Honestly. Why not Parratone? ANYTHING but Perap... I hope these aren't the real names...

Whitewash

Tastes Like Paint
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2008
    Perap (or Perappu, for that matter) reminds me of Parappa the Rapper. o_O I dunno about Buoysel... But like King Shuckle said, these aren't official. So we'll just have to wait.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Well, looks like the steady decline of name (and Pokemon) creativity/originality since RBY is continuing. Gibberish like Minun wasn't enough apparently, now we have Buoysel and Perap.

Years
    ~\"Metal Sonic"/~ said:
    Yech! I Manaphy and Tamanta are OK, they're hardly changed, Bouysel is clever, but not that good, but Perap is horrible. Honestly. Why not Parratone? ANYTHING but Perap... I hope these aren't the real names...
    These are the official, real names. We don't know about the dub names yet though. Actually Perap sounds good to me. A combine of Parrot and Rap (since it is a music-related Pokemon), which sounds good as a name is ok. Parratone sound ok too. But that makes it having bad-music skills couse "parra" not only comes from parrot but also makes a "parra"(bad, anti) thing. If it actually produce bad sounds/music it would be a genius name too. Well, we'll just have to wait for the 9th Movie I guess.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Meh, Perap indeed. I'm guessing they wanted it to be close to the original Japanese name? I mean, Perap and Perappu aren't that different sounding. As for it meaning 'rapper'... um... eww. Parratone sounds nicer to me, I agree!

Tamanta and Manaphy are fine. Not much to say there.

Bouysel is all right... I pronounce it Bouy + zel. Though, I'm probably wrong as many Pokemon names as pronounced quite illogically. *coughChinchoucough*

Years
    oh god

Perap reminds me of perraper the rapper or something O.o;

I like the others, Boysel works well as in Bouy and weasel XD

Back