• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rose Isle Royale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animehero

Elite PKMN Trainer
    Years
    As the second helicopter landed Radd dashed off the helicopter and towards the labryinth. "If I get to the place first, I'm bound to get to the end first!" Radd exclaimed with Ditto on his shoulder, and his Zangoose sprinting by his side. Radd noticed how people were looking at him like There that guy goes again.... "See you losers later!"

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    OOC: Animehero, I warned everyone. Follow the rules of PC. And what's one of the major rules in our RP forums.... four-line minimum. You're done. Don't bother posting in here anymore. I'd post but I'm much too tired. I just read that and had to let him know to not bother with this RP anymore.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    OOC: Nice post Cubone ^_^, wait Spinarak, woo! Anyway I'll post later I'm tight for time :-\ sorry about this nonsensical post.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Annalyn looked up, and saw someone wearing a parachute descending from a rogue helicopter. Heh... Someone was really late... Then she noticed where he was going to land. "Roisin.. watch--" But her warning came too late. He tumbled into the little girl and they disappeared into a mass of fabric and human. She ran over to the two and began to untangle the three. The boy who had landed looked incredibly wealthy. His hair was incredibly knotted though, which betrayed his image. "Are you two okay?" She sighed.

Crackle! Annalyn looked to the labyrinth walls and found herself underneath the path of a falling piece of the wall. "Ollery, go and use Psychic!" She gripped one of her PokeBalls from her belt and released the Pokemon inside of it. The red octopus bursted from its PokeBall in a flash of red light and looked up to the falling stone. It concentrated on the stone and using its mental powers it held the stone in midair. It flicked its head sideways and the rock fell in an area where it couldn't harm anyone. The crowds watched screamed and clapped. Annalyn had forgotten they were being watched. She shook her head. Then, she heard something from above. She looked up and saw a shadow-y figure sitting in the spot where the rock had fallen from. It resembled an Aipom, but when it saw Annalyn had spotted it, it ran back into the labyrinth. "An Aipom couldn't have the strength to break the wall..."

Roxy

What goes here? o__0
    Years
    Aaliyah was quite surprised by the giant TVs and audience, but that didn`t bother her as much as the vine covered maze looming before her. She took in a deep breath and noticed something. A smell? Why there be a smell emanating from the maze?

The female trainer pondered this for awhile but pushed it to the side. It couldn`t have been anything too special. Seeing the maze wall that had nearly cushed Annalyn gave her a bad feeling about the maze. No, scratch that, a worse feeling about the maze. She walked over to Annalyn. "Are you okay?" she asked, quite cooly, like everything else she said.

Last edited:

chomp

Mors Ontologica
    Years
    OOC: Nice entrance ACC

IC:

Tim had to dive out of the way to avoid the strange man, who fell out of the sky, landing on Roisin with a damp thud, his parachute settling around them gently as surprised noises emanated from within. He was only just getting over the shock of this as a large chunk of wall decided to try and assassinate Annalyn. Her Octillery prevented it's trainer from being squashed by the sizable piece of masonry as something resembling an Aipom glanced around before returning to the interior of the labyrinth. He stood, eyebrows raised, surveying the scene before him. The fourth trainer from his helicopter, who was not a part of 'Group Red' was helping up Roisin and the well groomed skydiver, who didn't look very pleased about the state of his hair. Tim could see it was usually quite smart, but the wind had mangled and tangled it into a big silky mess.

There's something you don't see every day he thought as he surveyed the man. He looked rich, but he still seemed approachable, not all up himself like so many upper class trainers he was unfortunate enough to have come into contact with in his three years as head gym leader in the Orange Islands. There was still no sign of anyone coming to tell them what to do, and there were now five trainers standing in front of a large scary maze, being cheered at by people in stands.

"Does anyone know what we do now?" he asked the group, half whispering, "Because I don't have a clue"

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    "Ugh..." Langley groaned, staggering to his feet. "I think... I shall be- urgh!" he groaned, as he heaved his entire lunch onto the ground in front of him. "I am never doing that again. Never." He shook his head. "Thank you for-" he began, but was cut off by a chunk of falling wall that nearly flattened the girl who had just helped him from his cloth prison. Before he could warn her, the girl released an Octillery who immediately dealt with the offending chunk of masonry. Langley blinked, impressed. Octillery was rare even in his home region of Johto, and it wasn't often that one was encountered. It didn't escape his notice, however, that a dark, vaguely Aipom-like shape was sitting in the spot the wall had fallen from. Shaking his head, he decided that whatever it was, he may as well introduce himself first. After all, he didn't want to start out in a league battle without letting the other trainers know who their opponent was. Stepping forward, he reached back to smooth out his hair, then meticulously dusted off his jeans. "Greetings," he stated, extending a hand towards his rescuer. "I am Langley Antechronos, youngest member of the Antechronos family of Johto, and a compeititor in the Hoenn league. Am I incorrect in stating that you and your group are taking part in this event as well?"

OOC: AGH! SHORTPOSTSHORTPOSTSHORTPOST! *is murdered*

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Annalyn's heart had yet to stop racing. Though she had stopped the stone from falling on her, the thoughts of death and pain rushed through her head. She looked at her Ollery, who was staring at her trainer. She had the look on her face that said Why was there a rock falling on you? She shook her head. Looking over at the stone, she noticed something strange about it. Walking over it, she ran her finger along the edges. They were clean-cut and neat not jagged and rough. It looked as if someone had cut it with a sword. Annalyn grunted. Someone had this set up. But how did they know I would be standing there?

She turned to the man who had fallen from the sky, who had just vomited. She felt queazy. "Why is everyone vomiting around me? Grargh..." She grabbed her stomach. Annalyn felt as if she was about to puke herself. "Nice to meet you Langley. But I must be getting inside. This is, afterall, a competition. And I am set on winning. Tim, Roisin, let's get going. Langley, Aaliyah, you may join us if you'd like. The more, the merrier." She walked past the vomit, holding her breath to prevent smelling the vomit. She walked to the entrance. Annalyn know smelled the sweet rotting scent Tim had mentioned earlier. It seemed to calm her almost. "Whoever set up that trapped is in her. And I'm going to find out that and the other many secrets of this labyrinth

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    OOC: ZXYW, Why does everyone automatically assume that Langley is rich? I specifically dressed him in clothes that wouldn't indicate wealth. WHY DO YOU ALL INSIST ON CALLING HIM RICH? HAVE YOU NO SHAME?

IC:

Langley smiled. The girl... no, the woman, he corrected himself. Now that he had taken a good look at her, his rescuer was at least twenty, much older then him. The others were mostly about his age, as far as he could tell, and they seemed to have an idea of what to do. Langley nodded to his fellow contestants and bowed before the trainer who had just rescued him from death by parachute. "I would be delighted to follow you, miss-" he paused, waiting for her to fill in a name. The woman, however, was already moving on, apparently not having time for pleasantries.

It was at that moment that a small, spiderlike creature wriggled out of Langley's backpack, its eyes reeling. "Arachne?" Langley gasped, staring at his favorite Pokemon. "What were you doing in there? Didn't I recall you to the Pokeball before we jumped ship?"

The Pokemon shook her head slowly, her legs trembling.

"Oh, Arachne, I'm so terribly sorry! Here, get up on my shoulder, it looks like we're going somewhere." Langley exclaimed, quickly scooping his Pokemon up and placing her on his shoulder. The Spinarak chirped with excitement, waving its front legs slightly. Langley turned back to the rest of the group. "Hold up, miss, I'm coming with you!" he called, before dashing after her.

chomp

Mors Ontologica
    Years
    OOC: Grah, short post because I am not feeling too creative, and I don't want to be the first to go into the labyrinth.

"I am Langley Antechronos, youngest member of the Antechronos family of Johto, and a competitor in the Hoenn league. Am I incorrect in stating that you and your group are taking part in this event as well?" Born with a silver spoon in his mouth, this one. He smoothed his hair, trying to untangle it from the mess it was in. Tim decided to ignore the fact that not ten seconds earlier he had hurled up his latest meal all over the floor in front of them, and start afresh with 'Langley'

"Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Antechronos. Interesting name, if I may say so. I'm Timothy Menhod, and…" he managed before Annalyn decided that Group Red were leaving. Tim had no problem with her being the 'leader', she was clearly the most motivated, and the most lucid, as he was still rather hungry and tired. She led him and Roisin to the entrance of the labyrinth, pausing to sniff at the air. He guessed that she had caught on to the strange soothing smell that the labyrinth was wafting from its entrance. Annalyn muttered something about discovering the secrets of the labyrinth, and finding the person who tried to drop the chunk of stone on her head. Tim was more concerned with partaking in the showcase, and winning the whole event. He guessed that Langley would go with the other trainer on their helicopter, and stood confidently behind Annalyn, the self styled leader of the group, ready and willing to explore the increasingly ominous and strange Rose Isle labyrinth.

Roxy

What goes here? o__0
    Years
    Aaliyah only nodded at Annalyn`s suggstion, but didn`t move any further. She was forgetting something. But what? It was apparent she needed a backpack and supplies, but that wasn`t it. Setting it to the side, Aaliyah carried on with entering the maze, a bad feeling settling in her stomach. What exactly was up with this maze? And this competition? She would just have to find out.

(Uck. Short Post. I don`t feel very..creative.)

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Annalyn took a huge breath. The corridors seemed to be lacking any source of light and by touching the walls, she felt they were damp and cool. But these kind of things wouldn't phase a determined Annalyn. She took the first step inside and instantly a chill pulsed through her body. "Damn it..." she whispered. "Ollery, stick close to me. I don't want to lose track of you. Y'hear me girl," she said to her Octillery. It nodded back at its trainer and then looked forward. "You all ready? We're in for a ride in here."

As she walked, she heard the echo of her footsteps bouncing off the walls. "As long as there are no rodents, I'm good," Annalyn said upon spotting spiderwebs lining the walls. Mold was growing everywhere, probably due to the damp feeling of the labyrinth. She looked up and found something strange. Though she had only take several steps into the labyrinth, the sun that had been shining before wasn't present inside of here. A grey mist seemed to be floating over the walls of the labyrinth, blocking out any natural light or breeze from the outside.

"Ampharos, Thunder!" A voice rang from a nearby corridor. Annalyn turned just a large lightning bolt shot in her direction. Annalyn heard the electricity crackling in the air from the unseen source. "Oh damn it!" She didn't have time to get out of the way, so she prepared to absorb the attack. She felt one of the PokeBalls on her belt pop off on its own and bursting from its ball in a wave of red energy. Erupting from the sphere was large, snow-covered tree. In fact, it wasn't a tree, but an Abomasnow, Annalyn's first Pokemon. "Aba..." It stepped in front of its trainer and absorb the large electric bolt. It yelped in a shot of pain, and after the bolt disapparated, its body smoked. "Are you okay Abanow? Thank you so much!" Plop, plop, plop. Annalyn walked around her Pokemon and saw the shadow of an Ampharos approaching them. But then, as it got closer, Annalyn's mouth opened in shock. The Ampharos wasn't its normal bright yellow, but instead a dull green color. Its ribs on the left side of its body were exposed and its left eye was red and puffy. "Ammmmm.." Annalyn's stomach lurched out of pure disgust. "So this is what was waiting for us?" But where was the voice that ordered the Thunder attack?

"Pharooooos!" The zombie Ampharos brought its tail forward and released a sphere of malignant, brown energy. "Oh damn! Watch out Tim! Its aimed at you!" Annalyn yelled to her partner.

OOC: I think this not-creative syndrome is getting around.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    OOC: Sorry about not posting much, I finished HP and saw Simpsons movie Advance screening this morning ^_^

IC:
    "Ahhh!" screeched Roisin from the nearby bushes, someone or something had just nearly landed on her out of nowhere and she had instinctively dived into a nearby bush. As she found her way back to her feet she was confronted by a strange, bizarre scene, almost as bizarre as the mysterious island itself. In one direction there was a boy, about her age, that Roisin had never seen before, hurling into a bush and the other way her new friends' Tim and Annalyn both awe stricken by a huge boulder that had either been pushed, or had fallen onto the other members of the Red team. Annalyns Octillery looked equally as baffled as Roisin had been. The new guy seemed nice enough and the mysterious 'Miss Life' was still being really quiet. The obnoxious boy with the Ditto and Zangoose had not yet arrived and Roisin had doubts to whether he ever would.

Yanma seemed to be eyeing up the new guys' -apparently called Langly- shoulder. As she stood up she noticed that they were about the same age and both had bug Pokémon that travelled alongside wherever they go. But there was no time for pleasantries, as Annalyn, taking leadership of the group, had led them past the small stands into a huge and daunting Labyrinth. Immediately up on entering the temple was dank and dark, nobody had been here for months, maybe years or longer. There was no natural or artificial light. Even though Roisin wasn't particularly scared of the dark, she wished the one of the other participating trainers had a Pokémon that knew flash. Yanma, apparently also bothered had taken refuge in scenic Roisins' bag.

"Ampharos Thunder!" came a disturbing voice that echoed in the narrow damp corridors. Suddenly a huge bolt of lighting erupted from the source of the voice aimed directly at Annalyn! When out of the blue, or black, which suited the labyrinth more, erupted a huge Ice Pokémon who absorbed the electric attack. As the electricity faded so did the illumination it caused. Roisin clutched the 3rd Pokéball in her bag nervously. Knowing that she might have to unleash Heracross upon the approaching Ampharos. But something was wrong, it didn't resemble a regular Ampharos at all. It's huge puffy eyes and swollen face, his usually bright yellow flesh a grim green colour, apparently rotting near the bottom. The Ampharos had stopped and was currently ready to release a ball of pale brown energy from its' dimly lit tail.

"Oh damn! Watch out Tim! Its aimed at you!" screamed the voice of the groups leader. Roisin wished she could do something, but she was frozen, terrified of the zombie like Ampharos, and the English speaking voice of the Ampharos' owner had worried her. Ampharos were usually used on ships on foggy nights, so maybe it was an old sailor lost inside the temple, or maybe not, maybe it was a trap altogether.

OOC: Not creative either... Well this was just trying to bridge all the gaps I've missed when I didn't post.​

chomp

Mors Ontologica
    Years
    OOC: AAH! ZOMBIES!

IC:

Tim had not taken five steps in the labyrinth before he heard the voice, and saw the thunder. He shielded his face, and when he looked back, he saw what appeared to be a large snow-coated pine tree protecting Annalyn. He didn't have much time to admire the hulking Abomasnow however, as he noticed the decomposing Ampharos advance on Annalyn. It shrieked its name and threw it's huge tail at Tim.

"What the hell is that?" he shouted as he tried to dive out of the way. The Ampharos shot the strange brown projectile at him, only missing Tim by a few inches. He instinctively reached for one of his pokeballs, throwing it near his rotting his assailant. A Charmeleon burst from it in a flash of light, casting flickering shadows across the walls of the labyrinth with its ever-burning tail flame. "Nabe, use flamethrower on whatever the hell that is!" he shouted to the Charmeleon, who hesitated, a little scared by the strange Ampharos. A controlled column of fire spewed from the fire-types mouth, engulfing the seemingly zombified Ampharos. It shrieked as it was burnt by the searing attack, appearing from the flames smouldering gently, with more bone visible her and there, staring straight at Nabe.

"Thunder!" a voice from an unseen person commanded, echoing down the corridor to the Ampharos, who immediately let loose a surge of electricity, hitting the Charmeleon and throwing it against a wall. He was still standing, but he was wincing from the pain.

"Fire spin!" Tim said, looking determinedly at the Charmeleon, who returned his gaze, before surrounding the Ampharos in a ball of fire, continuously adding to it with bursts from its mouth. The silhouette of the Ampharos could be roughly seen, falling to the ground slowly as the flames died away. The rotting Pokemon was still not down, staggering to its feet once again, while Nabe stood waiting, tired from the last attack

"Could somebody help? This thing doesn't seem to want to go down" he called to the other trainers, staring at the strange Ampharos. One of its eyes was swollen and red, and it was a deep green colour. Much of its skin was now missing, having been burnt away by the various flaming attacks from Nabe. Tim could only think of one explanation; zombie. As ridiculous as it sounded to him, there was no way that a normal Ampharos could look like that. "Flamethrower again Nabe!" he told the Charmeleon, who was now quite scared of the increasingly skeletal Ampharos. In a last ditch attempt to get rid of it, he released a huge burst of fire from its mouth. The voice once again reverberated around the trainers, commanding the putrid Pokemon to evade the attack and to use Thunder Punch. The rancid Ampharos dived forwards, it's decaying had surrounded by crackling electricity. The Charmeleon dived out of the way, causing the Ampharos to embed its hand in the labyrinth wall.

"Nabe, Fire Punch!" that zombie wasn't the only one who could do fancy punches. The Charmeleon pulled its fist back, as it slowly became engulfed in flame. He threw it forwards, into the face of the Ampharos, landing it with a sickening damp crunch. The Ampharos staggered back, its own hand free from the wall

"Enough Ampharos, get the girl!" Tim could hear the voice emanate from the end of one of the corridors. The Ampharos shook its head vigorously, dislodging some more 'dead' skin before turning away from Tim and his Charmeleon. It ran towards Annalyn, howling its name dementedly as it slashed at her Abomasnow with it's rotting claws.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Langley's mouth dropped slightly. Not five minutes into this labryinth, and already a monster. The half rotten Ampharos gave off enough of a stench that he was certain he would throw up again, had he not left the contents of his stomach strewn on the outside lawn. He winced in obvious discomfort. What really shocked him, however, was the ghostly voice ordering the Pokemon around. He glanced about the room, looking for evidence of some sort of electronic equipment designed to amplify or direct a voice at the trainers. Nothing obvious came to mind, so he was forced to conclude that whoever it was was either hiding just out of sight, or incorporeal. Given the fact that the Pokemon seemed to be genuinely rotting, he was inclined to believe the latter. He felt Arachne tense herself on his shoulder, ready to attack if given the command.

The Ampharos made the first move, attacking Tim, the only other member of the group that Langley knew the name of. The trainer put up a fierce defense and repulsed the putrid beast, sending it crashing into the wall. The Ampharos's mysterious trainer didn't seem to be deterred, and ordered an attack against the older woman Langley had met earlier. It was at this point that Langley vaguely remembered that as a gentleman he should probably come to the lady's defense. With a nod to his Pokemon he straightened his shoulders and shouted "This I cannot allow. Arachne, spider web!"

With a nod and a chirrup, the small, green Pokemon dropped from Langley's shoulder and fired a long, thin line of string from its mouth which quickly exploded into a large full scale net of webbing that formed a temporary barrier between the Ampharos and Abomasnow, effectively preventing the decaying Pokemon from attacking its intended target any further. Without leaving any time for his opponent to counterattack, Langley shouted another order. "Now, Arachne, night shade! Go!"

Waving her tiny legs frantically, the Spinarak screeched as she gathered an orb of dark purple energy in her mouth and fired it directly at the flesh-eaten corpse. Surprisingly, however, the attack proved to be ineffective. The zombie remained standing, barely fazed, before screeching and rushing at Langley at a speed which belied its rotting state.

Langley shook his head and steeled himself as the Pokemon rushed towards him. Figures ghost moves wouldn't work on Zombies, he chided himself as he prepared to give Arachne another order. The Ampharos, however, was quicker then expected, an fired a bolt of electricity from its tail that forced Langley to leap from its path. Before he could react, the Pokemon was nearly on top of him. Without hesitating to think, the trainer swung out hard with his backpack, dealing a blow that squarely connected with the Pokemon's head and sent it hurtling across the cave. Langley nearly congratulated himself, before he noticed that some of the Pokemon's putrid flesh was now clinging to the outer covering of the backpack. Shocked, the trainer threw it as far to the side as he could and began rubbing the hand that had held the backpack furiously, as if he could somehow remove any contagions on it.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    "Enough Ampharos, get the girl!" Annalyn heard the Ampharos' "trainer" order the rotting Pokemon. Langley had further damaged the zombie, but it still made its way towards Abanow. Its skeletal fist once again slashed at her Pokemon. Abanow reached out both of its hands and grabbed the zombie's arm. It lifted the skeletal Ampharos into the air and lifted it above its head. A cold, white energy started to emanate from its hands. Large ice chunks began to grow on the Ampharos, starting from the points where Abanow was touching it. Slowly, like a raging wildfire, the ice began to consume the Ampharos, who shrieked wildly as its body was taken over by the ice. Soon, its whole body was taken over, except for its head. Then, with one final shriek, the ice grew over its head and the zombie Ampharos was stuck in a block of ice. Abanow lowered the encased Ampharos gently to the ground. Annalyn felt relieved and released a deep sigh. She leaned against the damp wall. What an exciting first minutes in this damned labyrinth...

"So, you think the trouble is over just because you defeated one of my zombie warriors. If you only knew what I had waiting for you," a mysterious voice said, which was followed by a maniacal laugh. It wasn't the same voice as before. This time it sounded female, but it spoke with the same angst and ferocity. Annalyn looked around, searching for the source of the booming voice. Then, she saw something move on top of the labyrinth walls. There was a humanoid figure kneeling, its body consumed in the grey mist. It appeared to be wearing a long cape, black slacks, and a silver button up shirt. "And soon, you're Pokemon will join my zombies!" It stood and leaped from its position, directing itself towards the group of participants. It reached to its belt and pulled a large sword from a sheath. The blade of the sword was as tall as the figure and from what Annalyn could see, the hilt was shale-black and slim. Wait, its coming for me! Annalyn dove out of the way with the sword nicking a few of her hairs. She fell face first into the floor of the labyrinth which released a plume of dust and dirt. Annalyn coughed and looked up to the figure, who could be seen much clearer than before. Besides its clothing, the person wore a mask, one half of it was that of a male human and the other half was a female human. It wore an outrageously gaudy red belt that clashed with the rest of its mismatched outfit. Long, silver hair flowed from behind the mask, which concealed the figure's entire face.

"Who are you?" Annalyn asked, pushing herself up into a sitting position. The figure laughed again and said, "I am the Guardian of this Labyrinth you have foolishly entered. For hundreds of years I have lived here, dispatching of those who, like you, entered my palace. And you all shall share the same fate as them, with your Pokemon joining my legion of Pokemon." Wow... this guy.. or girl.. or whatever... has taken a page right outta of the stereotypical villian book when it comes to their dialogue... Annalyn thought, staring directly at the freak who stood before her. "But, shall we make this into a game? Afterall, you all are here for a competition, aren't you? Alas, there shall be a win--I don't think so!" The figure turned and found Annalyn's Abanow attempted to grab them from behind. The Guardian raised its hand and released an orb of red energy at the Abanow. At first the Abomasnow didn't react, but suddenly it began to wince in pain. It fell to its hands and knees, and began to pant. Its body began to shake and its breath grew shorter and painful. Its eyes glazed over and then it fell to the ground with a loud thud.

"Abanow, no!!!!" Annalyn stood and began to run to her Pokemon. She kneeled next to it and began to pet its arm. "What did you do, you FREAK!" The Guardian laughed maniacally once again and leaped to the top of the wall. "I'll see you again, and dearest, I hope your Abomasnow makes a full recovery," and with that, it leaped to the other side of the wall. Tears began to stream down Annalyn's cheeks and she hugged the Pokemon's arms. "He's still alive, but barely. Do any of you have a Revive? In my haste, I forgot one. Please, can you all spare me one?" she appealed to her fellow competitors.

Last edited:

chomp

Mors Ontologica
    Years
    OOC: I have decided to make Tim a little more, you know, human.

Tim just stood, staring as the strange asexual figure made short work of Annalyn's Abomasnow, before leaping inhumanly over the walls of the labyrinth. Annalyn was by her fallen Pokemon in a flash, clutching at it desperately. He did technically have a Revive, but what if he needed to use it later on. Besides, it wasn't like the Abomasnow would die, the Hoenn League would never allow that in a competition, would they? They had seemed quite happy to put innocent passengers in great danger just to test the trainers with the Gyarados on the boat, but would they really murder a competitor's Pokemon? Tim was in turmoil; if he gave Annalyn the revive, and something similar happened to Nabe, or any one of his Pokemon, he wouldn't be able to do anything, but if he didn't give it to her, her Abomasnow might very well die.

"N…no, I don't have any Revives" he was disgusted with himself; how could he be so selfish? He was going to let Annalyn's Pokemon die just in case one of his own was in danger? He watched as the Abomasnow's eyes glazed over, and as its breaths grew shallower and shallower. Someone else would have a Revive, that Langley guy probably had a backpack full of them, he didn't need to feel quite as guilty. You are a terrible person, a voice in his head stated. He had never heard this voice before, it was something alien, something not his own, it will die, and you will have killed it, No. He had to save what he had, it was still a competition after all. If her Abomasnow was going to faint, it wasn't his fault. But it isn't just going to faint is it? It is going to die.

"Charrr" he felt Nabe's familiar shape next to him, also staring down as Annalyn wept over her Abomasnow. He reached his hand out, stroking Nabe reassuringly, his bony head was warm and soothing to Tim as he watched Annalyn crouched over her Pokemon, the sound of her tears splashing on the stone floor echoing off the walls

"I'm so sorry" he simply said, the revive in his pocket burning a hole through him as he turned away.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Roisin trembled so hard that she was sure that the person standing in front, Langley, could feel it. It was only moments ago that one of her newest friends had been struck upon in such a crude way, with a sword no less. But that wasn't the worst part. The man, or woman or whatever struck at the Doctor had unleashed.. A.. a... well he had mortally wounded the girls ice Goliath in one swift movement. In her bag Roisin had stocked up before arriving and luckily she did. Abanow looked so terrible that if she did not help and if the worst came to worst it'd pry at her concious thoughts forever. Without thinking she started rummaging through her bag, nearly throwing her Yanma out in the process, before she finally reached the bottom. There was only one of the two Diamond shaped crystals at the bottom of her bag. "Wha? Oh yeah, I used one on Yanma," she though nervously. She knew that if anything did happen she'd blame herself forever. "There's got to be something else instead. Maybe a Super Potion would that help?" she thought.

Trembling she whipped it out of her bag. Her and Yanma charged too Abanows' side the knelt down and she made eye contact with Annalyn. "Listen, I'm really sorry but I don't have a revive, I have a Super Potion and a Full Heal. That should cure up most ailments, although I'm not entirely sure."

She looked at Annalyn. She was desperate for a solution and Roisin was trying to avoid the easiest way around the problem. She stood up, her knees getting wet and slimy she went and assumed her place behind Langley and Miss. Life. Then she thought about what would happen if something else attacked. She had to be ready.

"Heracross, Crawdaunt, go!" she yelled as she chucked the Pokéball and LureBall onto the grimy floor. In a beautiful glow that illuminated the labyrinth for a few seconds emerged the two Pokémon. The Heracross and Crawdaunt growled at each other and bore their Horn and Pincers respectively. "Stop it both of you!" hissed Roisin as she separated the two Pokémon. "I need the two of you out here, stay alert and don't be afraid. If anything challenges you then you know what to do," she winked at her Pokémon. She pulled Yanma back into her bag, whether she liked it or not she was staying there. She let her mind wander. It wandered to the grief that Annalyn was feeling and the guilt herself was experiencing. If the worst came to the worst and the Full Heal and Super Potion didn't work she was 90% certain she would give up her last revive. All was silent. All was calm.

"What was that?" she squeaked. She felt something slithering by her feet. Too scared to look down. The thing hissed gently. She plucked up the courage to look down. And there by her feet, slithering over her running shoes was an equally as green, equally as rotten and equally as disgusting Ekans! "AHH KILL IT KILL IT!" she screeched at her Pokémon. She kicked it off her shoe and screamed some more. Crawdaunt had caught it in a powerful Vice grip and delivered a Crabhammer with his free claw. Then the crustacean lobbed it over to Heracross who flipped it with his horn and as it landed the Ekans slithered away at a blinding speed. Then the same female voice that spoke to Annalyn laughed a high pitched laugh whiched faded into the deistance, echoing as it vanished down the corridor.

Roxy

What goes here? o__0
    Years
    Aaliyah seemed shocked by the events going on. Only a few minutes in the labyrinth, and BAM! A monster. Well, that`s what it sounded like anyway. She was far from the rest of the group. She sped up her pace, then skidded to a halt.

She had just missed what had happened due to her laziness. Part of aaliyah shouted out in happiness, whereas another part of her seemed disgusted by the fact she didn`t help. Aaliyah only took a few steps forward, before wincing at the laugh. Sighing, she walked over to a nearby wall and sat down by it. Right now, she was uneeded, so she just sat there.

(sorry for suckiness, I`m in a rush. =()

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Langley stared at the possibly dying Abomasnow. Turn our Pokemon... into zombies? he thought, an icy claw of fear gripping his heart. Whoever this guy is, he's not anyone I recognize. But maybe brother Michael would know something... Turning his head towards where his discarded backpack lay on the ground, Langley made a face. Touching something that had recently come into contact with an undead Pokemon didn't really figure high on his list of things to do, but in this case his life and possibly his Pokemon's were on the line. Runing over to where the canvas bag lay, he gingerly opened it, careful to avoid the green, slimy fur plastered to the outside, and removed two objects: a slim cellular phone and a large spray bottle. Straightening up, he tossed the bottle to the girl who sat kneeling over her Abomasnow. "There. Full Restore. I used up my last revive a while back, and I haven't had any money to purchase more. I'm genuinely sorry, miss."

On to the next order of business. Flipping his phone open, he opened the list of contacts and selected "Library of Johto". He stood patiently as the device rung for a few moments, and was answered by a cheery receptionist. "Library of Johto reference desk, how may I help you?"

"I'd like to speak to my older brother, please. This is Langley Antechronos speaking." Langley responded, rubbing the back of his head.

Miles away, Michael Antechronos, information gathering specialist and librarian of the Johto national library, was enjoying a cup of coffee over his short, but well-earned break. He sighed. Sometimes he envied his little brother Langley, journeying around the world without a single responsibility beyond winning tournaments and keeping himself alive, but his library was his single greatest love. He had no reason to wish to leave it. The Johto library contained the largest collection of literature in all four of the regions, from newspapers to magazines to legends to storybooks. The primary reason he had applied for this job was to supply his family with any vital information they might require, but the truth was that he really was dedicated to his work. He sighed, sipping the coffee again. Life was good.

Ironically, it was at that moment that the zombie-Ekans attacked on Langley's end. Trusting Arachne to deal with the situation, Langley ducked behind a corner, attempting to hide himself from any other hidden attackers. Come on, Michael, pick up....

The receptionist barged into the break room. "Your brother for you, sir," she said, depositing a phone in Michael's hand. The eldest Antechronos sighed. More work. Holding the phone up to his ear, he said "Hello?"

Langley sighed in relief. It wasn't going to take too long, then. Michael was on break. "Michael? Is that you? I need some help."

Michael started. Langley was calling? What would a trainer need access to a database like the library for? "Langley?" he asked, still disbelieving what he was hearing.

"Yes, Langley. Who did you expect, Santa Claus?" the irate reply came. Michael sighed. Definitely Langley, then. "You know, I can't help you unless I know what you want." he stated. "And I kind of have work to do, so can you make this quick?'

Langley nodded, before remembering Michael couldn't actually see him. "I will. What do you know about Rose Isle?"

Michael nearly spit out the mouthful of coffee he had just swallowed. "Rose Isle? That place is dangerous! Why do you want to know about it? You aren't planning on training there, are you?"

"Sort of." Langley said, rolling his eyes. "I'm competing in a league here."

Michael's eyes narrowed. "Listen Langley. That place is scary. That labryinth... the only person to every come out alive is insane." He paused for a moment. "Langley? Are you okay?"

Langley lifted the phone back up to his ear. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." He had noticed something while he was talking. One of Tim's pockets had a slight bulge, and his voice had been tinged with guilt as he had told everyone that he had no revives left over. But it couldn't be. "Listen, brother. I need you to look up everything that's ever been written about Rose Isle. Look for specific mentions of zombified Pokemon in particular, or people calling themselves 'guardians of the labryinth'. My life may depend on it."

Michael nodded. "I'll get to work. Langley..." his voice cracked for a moment. "Be careful." He waited for a moment. "Langley? Langley?"

No answer. Langley had hung up as soon as the necessary business had been conducted. For a rich boy, Langley was surprisingly frugal. He had to be, though, considering that the only money he made was from battling other trainers or cash prizes in tournaments.

Michael shuddered involuntarily. He was not jealous of Langley at all now, no matter what he had been before. Not jealous at all.

Langley sighed as he snapped the phone shut. If Michael found anything, he knew where to call. Picking himself up, he walked back up to the group. "Did I miss anything?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back