• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Round 2 of Unova Pokemon Toys Arrives at McDonald's [US, AUS]

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    So Australia and the US have new toys coming into their McDonald's tomorrow, round 2 of the Unova ones. For the US we have Dewott, Servine, Pignite, Pikachu, Woobat and Axew, while Australia doesn't have Woobat and Axew and has all the other ones.

I know I'm gonna get Axew and Woobat because I think those two are the best of this bunch. :3 I'm also hazarding a guess now that they'll have a round 3 with Serperior/Emboar/Samurott since this one has the first evolutions and the last one had the originals.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • There's a thingy that'll shoot your Pikachu (I got the Pikachu, donno if it's the same for the others) forward when you squeeze it, the same way a pair of chopsticks will just drop a fish ball if you squeeze too hard. Otherwise, it's just a stationary toy that doesn't move or do anything. That said, it looks wonderful next to my preorder Lugia figurine. And big. Even though it's only like 3 inches long.

I wanted to buy an Axew too but the guy was looking at me like derrrrrrrp so he obviously doesn't know Pokemon. And apparently Pokemon toys are considered a "boy's" toy. The current toy for girls is some sort of colorful ball thing that was singularly uninteresting looking unless you're a cat.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Here are the 2 I ended up getting, plus the cards. I got a closer picture of Axew because it wouldn't stand up straight like Woobat.

As far as these two, Woobat has a button on top of its head that makes its wings flap when you press it. For Axew, his arms are rotatable, and there's a switch on his back that turns his head back and forth.

Years
  • These toys look cool. I don't usually get Happy Meals anymore but the Dewott toy looks cool, I love the pose.

FYI Australia's version of the toys look different.

I'm pretty unlikely to get a Pokemon toy since the girls get Zoobles instead:

MCDONALDS, Y U NO GIVE POKEMON TO THE GIRLS?

I'm really hoping that the next time McDonald's Australia brings out Pokemon toys they should assign them to both genders. I don't really like Zoobles. They should know that Pokemon almost has as many female fans as there are males, I guess they see Pokemon as more of a boys' game.

McDonald's Australia do way too many gender-oriented Happy Meals, where you get different toys depending on your gender.

Years
  • Oooh, guess who's buying a Happy Meal ASAP? I hope I get Dewott, since Oshawott was my starter in B/W.

@Hikari10, whenever I want the toys that are hypothetically only for boys, I just ask when I order it. They'll give it to you. Plus, it sounds awesome to go up to the counter and say "I'd like a Happy Meal with a boy toy". That's definitely a way to get the cashier's attention. :P

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    That's cool! I happened to be abroad when the first round happened, so I didn't get one like I wanted. But maybe I'll drop by a McDonalds and pick up an Axew if I remember about it later on.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I have to admit - they look extremely cute! If I could, I certainly would head to the nearest McDonald's just for the sake of getting those toys (I don't really eat much McDonald's otherwise). My favourite out of the offerings are Pikachu and Woobat; I absolutely love their pose! Too bad the UK doesn't have access to them - I hope the Brits get some love in the future.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • These toys look cool. I don't usually get Happy Meals anymore but the Dewott toy looks cool, I love the pose.

FYI Australia's version of the toys look different.

I'm pretty unlikely to get a Pokemon toy since the girls get Zoobles instead:

MCDONALDS, Y U NO GIVE POKEMON TO THE GIRLS?

I'm really hoping that the next time McDonald's Australia brings out Pokemon toys they should assign them to both genders. I don't really like Zoobles. They should know that Pokemon almost has as many female fans as there are males, I guess they see Pokemon as more of a boys' game.

McDonald's Australia do way too many gender-oriented Happy Meals, where you get different toys depending on your gender.

Not really lol, my sister would often ask for the toys she prefered, even if they were classed as 'boy' toys. The only time she really didn't get the one she prefered was if they were sold out. :x

Back